Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

I was there in February and no construction. Wyndam is right next door. Beautiful! It's where I head every time on the jitney!😃

Thanks for replying but I have to ask, if you haven't been since February, how do you know there is no construction going on NOW? :confused:

They were doing construction next door and a very small part of the pool area in Oct. but it DID NOT effect the stay there for a few hours whatsoever.

Check out the pics I posted earlier on page #9 n #10 in this thread..... We had a blast:D

Edited by Hey Wang

Thanks to everyone for all the info. Hey Wang, your pictures are great! :) I'm curious as to what you did with your valuables while there? It will just be my husband and I and I know we'll want to do some snorkeling together. Also, how long do you have to wait for the jitney back? Do they run on a schedule? Just looked at our itinerary again and it looks like our port time is 7-3. Could have sworn when we booked it was 7-2 so, yay! I'm thinking if we head back to catch the jitney about 1:00 we'll be Ok, don't want to cut it too close, especially after just reading that thread about the guy missing his ship in Nassau :eek:!

Thanks to everyone for all the info. Hey Wang, your pictures are great! :) I'm curious as to what you did with your valuables while there? It will just be my husband and I and I know we'll want to do some snorkeling together. Also, how long do you have to wait for the jitney back? Do they run on a schedule? Just looked at our itinerary again and it looks like our port time is 7-3. Could have sworn when we booked it was 7-2 so, yay! I'm thinking if we head back to catch the jitney about 1:00 we'll be Ok, don't want to cut it too close, especially after just reading that thread about the guy missing his ship in Nassau :eek:!

I am leaving on my cruise on the Sensation tomorrow. (YAY!). I emailed melia about personal items... this was their response and read somewhere jitters are about 10 minutes each way..

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach to enjoy* the beauty of the Island while in port.

There are no lockers available, however we have a luggage room that you will be able to secure your valuables. This area is secured by security cameras.

If you have additional inquire please feel free to connect with us at your convenience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

An update for anyone thinking about doing this (as of 2/26/15)

My wife and I came in on Royal Caribbean around 8am, got off the ship at 9am. Lots and lots of offers for taxis - avoid all of them. We found the official welcome-to-Nassau info booth and he told us exactly where to grab the #10 bus. Bay St, three blocks to the right, can't miss the buses that all say #10. Bring $1.25 exactly per person, each way. Told the driver where we wanted to go and got on. 10 minutes later and they drop you off almost right in front of the resort.

Went to check-in, paid $70 for 2 people for the day. Got towel cards that had to be returned upon leaving. The resort is nice - there is some construction but it's very minimal. I didn't inquire about food, but just as a warning - a small draft beer and bottled water were $14. Didn't eat food here.

The #10 bus stops directly in front of the hotel, and it was maybe 15 minutes back to downtown Nassau. Very easy experience and a nice way to get the resort pool/beach for a day. Only saw one other couple we recognized from our ship, so I don't think it's a popular activity to do.

Airkiwi - Thanks for the update since we were thinking about going there in a few weeks. Appreciate your time to post current info. We will take the bus as suggested.

Airkiwi - Thanks for the update since we were thinking about going there in a few weeks. Appreciate your time to post current info. We will take the bus as suggested.

Directly across the street is the Daq Shack. Frozen Daiquiris made with fresh fruit - 6 bucks. Save your cup for a discount on your next one. The watermelon daiquiri is great. Sometimes they have burgers for 6 bucks also. Or, walk along the beach to the next condo complex (to the left when facing the water). Says private property, but you can walk in to the center by the pool and they have a bar/snack bar there where you can purchase food and drinks ( burgers, wings etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was worth it to us. The beach was gorgeous. It wasn't crowded. We didnt use pools but there were several pools and a swim up bar. There is a free beach in Nassau near the ship but most people I talked to didnt recommend. I guess it depends on if you want to skip the crowds and relax. It was an easy trip and we enjoyed our time there. We took the local bus to Melia. We paid $1.25 each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it worth it (2 adults and 2 kids) if our ship arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm?

i.e. meaning we'd probably get off the ship by 8:30am or 9am and would have to leave the resort by 12:30pm

We wouldn't bother with lunch option.

And how much time should we account for travelling (i.e. bus wait time + travel time)?

Edited by LuCruise

We have been 3 times & just walked in through the Sheraton (Melia) & out through the Wyndham & never paid. Used beach loungers & umbrellas, pools, cash bar, but in October when my parents tried, they got busted when they tried to use one of the pool restrooms. So next month when I return, I will buy the day pass. That way we're legal [emoji1] it's a lovely beach & both hotels & pools are great

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few questions:

1. We arrive at noon, I expect we can be at Melia by 1-1:30pm using the jitney

2. What time should be depart Melia if our ship sails at 7pm? would the time be different if we chose a taxi rather than the jitney?

3. Are things like boogey boards available for complimentary use?

4. Will we have access to clean showers and lockers?

5. We won't purchase the food option, we'll have lunch on the ship. However, we may indulge in a snack. Any suggestions?

6. Any tips or advice? I'm travelling with my healthy mother and 13yo nephew.

Thanks,

Edited by Nola26

I think the day pass ends at 5.

Our ship doesn't arrive until noon - do they kick you out at 5pm? We may be ready to go anyway but wonder if it is worth doing for only 4 hours or so (figuring it would be 1 by the time we got there and paid)

Our ship doesn't arrive until noon - do they kick you out at 5pm? We may be ready to go anyway but wonder if it is worth doing for only 4 hours or so (figuring it would be 1 by the time we got there and paid)

Chairs get stacked, Grill and restrooms close, towels are collected and lifeguards leave the beach. You won't be allowed to stay if security notices you.

In the summer months, you may not get noticed for a little while, but you will be asked to leave if security or lifeguards check.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not, but I def wanted people to know. I guess I missed it if it was.

We just got off the Getaway today and spend the day at the Melia on Friday. Apparently, the non-motorized water sports are not included anymore with the day pass. We paid $120 for 2 adults and 2 children and felt really ripped off. I asked about the paddle boards and kayaks and was told the policy changed last year and now only guests can use the toys for free.

We brought my brother and sister in law and they felt the same. Beers were really expensive, too. I would definitely not go back. We did take the #10 bus which was fun.

Edited by heckofagator

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not, but I def wanted people to know. I guess I missed it if it was.

We just got off the Getaway today and spend the day at the Melia on Friday. Apparently, the non-motorized water sports are not included anymore with the day pass. We paid $120 for 2 adults and 2 children and felt really ripped off. I asked about the paddle boards and kayaks and was told the policy changed last year and now only guests can use the toys for free.

We brought my brother and sister in law and they felt the same. Beers were really expensive, too. I would definitely not go back. We did take the #10 bus which was fun.

Thanks for the update. The water sports were one of the main reasons we were planning on going in October. Now we know to look somewhere else.