Everything Epic

glittergal1

Hi all I am looking to book Epic for May 2015 I am a little confused over what you pay for and what you dont and confused by the entertainment .

I have read on some reviews that you need to pre book shows ? is this all shows or just the ones you pay for ? and which do you pay for ? is the ice bar free to enter?

I saw the cruise and thought it was good value but I am worried about extra things that I might think are free but turn out not to be the NCL brochures are not clear

any info greatly received I am looking to book a solo studio if anyone has info on these too ?

Hi all I am looking to book Epic for May 2015 I am a little confused over what you pay for and what you dont and confused by the entertainment .

I have read on some reviews that you need to pre book shows ? is this all shows or just the ones you pay for ? and which do you pay for ?

The show that is paid for is the Cirque dreams show and this includes a dinner. The show is amazing.....worth the money WITHOUT the dinner in my opinion! :) We DID pre-book this show after hearing advice on CC and it was very busy, so I would advise you book beforehand. We also pre-booked Legends in Concert and Blue Man Group again on advice taken here on CC from passengers who had sailed the Epic before us, but it isn't compulsory, you can always book once on board,

is the ice bar free to enter?

It was $20 on our 2012 trip and you got 2 drinks for that. Not sure if the price is still the same.

I saw the cruise and thought it was good value but I am worried about extra things that I might think are free but turn out not to be the NCL brochures are not clear

Have you tried the NCL website? That might make things a little clearer than the brochure does.

any info greatly received I am looking to book a solo studio if anyone has info on these too ?

Can't help with studios, I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will come along who can! Enjoy the Epic if you decide to book.......it's a great ship! :)

Hi thank you for your reply I hope to go and book the ship tomorrow , I have been reading a current review on here and looking at the pictures so I am inspired if I can get a good price :D.

Does anyone else have any Epic useful or important information ?

We have been on 40+ cruises. We are mid 40's and very active. We like trying new things(including ships). We have only duplicated a few ships and the Epic is one of them - we have done 3 Epic sailings. There is so much to do and the entertainment is the best on any ship on any line right now - in my opinion. The prices are great - this ship definitely has a lot to offer.

There's lots of information on the Epic in my signature area. Make sure click on "helpful NCL documents" where you will find things like a dining guide (showing free and pay venues) and an overview of what freestyle cruising is.

Edited by sdmike

There's lots of information on the Epic in my signature area. Make sure click on "helpful NCL documents" where you will find things like a dining guide (showing free and pay venues) and an overview of what freestyle cruising is.

Your signature area makes the cruising world a better place. :D Thanks so much. I spent hours looking at your info 2 years ago before my first Epic cruise, and I may do it again. :D

I agree - would you please book the Getaway in the next 60 days and provide the exact same info.:D

Maybe he should start a Kickstarter campaign and someone would contribute money so he could go do that important "research" for us. ;)

Your signature area makes the cruising world a better place. :D Thanks so much. I spent hours looking at your info 2 years ago before my first Epic cruise, and I may do it again. :D

Agreed - I picked my first and favorite cabin because of Mike's info!!

Im booked on Epic May 31st 2015 wooooooooo hoooooooooooo :D

what is this signature area ? where do I find it and how do I use it ?

when people post, underneath is all the 'extra' stuff.....cruises taken, quotes, and links to their reviews. In my signature you can see 4 quotes and a small cruise history and then the silly cruise level thingy (purser). Just underneath that blue line ;D

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Im booked on Epic May 31st 2015 wooooooooo hoooooooooooo :D

what is this signature area ? where do I find it and how do I use it ?

If you are using a tablet or mobile device, quite often the signatures don't appear.