Movies under the Stars

Cruisingalong2012

Can anyone tell me if there are any movies under the Stars on the Riveria. We were on the Riveria 2 years ago and never heard of anything like that but was told there was.

Do they also have bingo or dance classes? Also what other things go on throughout the days while in Port. We seemed to be out most of the days and never really got to do anything on board the ship. This time when we go in July 25 2015 we intend to make more use of the ship as we have been to some of the ports.

They have movies under the stars with popcorn and soda but not every night. On a 14 day trip I recall going 3 or 4 times. They have bingo, trivia, art classes, guest lectures, port and shopping talks, classes and talks in the spa, cooking demos in the theater and cooking class for a fee. Also some talks on products from the gift shops. That's about all I can think of. There really is not that much going on and I do not recall any dance classes but others might.

It is not a huge screen like on the mass market lines

Movies are shown occasionally on the pool deck on the screen under the overhang

looks like a very large tv screen

Dance classes ..not sure I have seen many offered

Dance classes ..not sure I have seen many offered

I am pretty sure I have seen dance classes with the Russian couple (ballet & ballroom dancers) but I am not sure if it was on O or R ships.

Can anyone tell me if there are any movies under the Stars on the Riveria. We were on the Riveria 2 years ago and never heard of anything like that but was told there was.

We had Wednesday night at the movies at 9 PM in the Riviera Lounge after our Civitavecchia port day on our May Riviera Istanbul to Barcelona cruise. It was in place of a show in the lounge, so we were very disappointed about that. The movie was "Monuments Men", and we did not attend, instead returning to Jacques for a wonderful dinner with friends made on the cruise.

We also had Saturday night at the movies at 9 PM in the Riviera Lounge on the last night of our cruise after our Marseilles port day. It was "Last Vegas" and we also did not attend. (We were packing after our fabulous dinner at Polo.)

Edited by CintiPam

I am pretty sure I have seen dance classes with the Russian couple (ballet & ballroom dancers) but I am not sure if it was on O or R ships.

Yes, the Russian couple on our January Caribbean Hideaways cruise offer dance classes on Riviera.

On our one sea day on our May Riviera Istanbul to Barcelona cruise there were two dance classes offered: one in the morning by the Social Hostess and one in the afternoon by the ballroom dance couple.

Bingo is offered daily in Horizons.

Edited by CintiPam

Yes as Pam stated they were offered on our Jan Riviera cruise but sometimes they do have some classes on the R-ships but not often in my experience

Lyn