AmaDagio--Paris to Barcelona

mpbmark

In Barcelona there is an airport express bus that leaves from Placa Catalunya every 10 minutes or so. It's about 5 or 6 Euros per person one-way. Very convenient, if your hotel is close to that stop...if not, it does make another stop or two in town, along the way.

There is also a very convenient RENFE train [much easier to roll luggage on than a bus for those like me who travel "heavy"] from the airport (terminal T2B) to two Estacio Sants (Barcelona Sants). You can switch to the Metro there, but we found lots and lots of steps that almost caused a divorce :eek: -- next time I would take a taxi for the last leg!

Yeah, the train initially looked good - and a metro day pass would have covered it, so it would have been cheaper too...

But the bus ended up being better for us. First off, Plaça Catalunya was closer to our hotel than the train station was. Second, our flights came in to, and left from, T1. The bus serves either terminal, but the train only goes to T2. You can take a shuttle between terminals, but the bus was just easier this time.

It's also designed with airport passengers in mind. Easy loading and lots of space for luggage. Not difficult to negotiate with a suitcase. If we ever come into T2 though, I'd use the train, so good to know you made it ok despite the lack of escalators in the Metro station. I have had that experience too, and Chris had something to say about that...

Edited by jpalbny

JMHO, but all suggestions notwithstanding, I stil believe the best course of action is to check with the TA who set up the cruise and see what options are available. The simplist and most direct is the best course as the price difference (considering the overall cost of the cruise) is a drop in the bucket.

I have contacted my TA. AMA offers transfers for 2016 at $30US each way per person and can be added to the booking closer to the time.

They mentioned a taxi was 15-40 Euro for Paris airport to hotel and a taxi from Batelona to airport was 20-35 Euro.

I have contacted my TA. AMA offers transfers for 2016 at $30US each way per person and can be added to the booking closer to the time.

They mentioned a taxi was 15-40 Euro for Paris airport to hotel and a taxi from Batelona to airport was 20-35 Euro.

That's great. Well worth it to have someone meet you in Prague. We didn't have a choice in Barcelona but the taxi wasn't too bad as I recall.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the fabulous wines. 🍷 👍 😋