Exceptionally fast respose to sharholder benefit request

cruiseidaho

Hi PJ

Your request must be WITHIN the 90 days mark so 99 days out it will most likely be ignored ( I actually got an email from Princess telling me I sent it too soon once!)

To find your OBC - sign in on Princess

- click on MY PRINCESS go to your

- CRUISE PERSONALIZER and look at the tab that says

- PAYMENTS & CREDITS.

Once on that page scroll down and you will see any and all credits being applied to your account. You will not see any "gifts" that have been purchased for you but you will get a note when you embark (my sister gave us OBC's for a Christmas gift last winter)

If you are a first time Princess Cruiser make sure you check for Veteran Benefits as well. In the USA my DH gets $100 OBC for having served in the Military. There is a link for this as well on Princess.

Thank you. My OBC is not showing up yet and I've not had an email. I will check again next week and if it's not showing then I will ring Princess Cruises in Southampton.

Pj

Ps. The share price has dropped drastically!

Edited by Pjran

I bought the stock back in 2009 when the stock market was depressed so I got it at a really good price. I have always sent mine via snail mail and have received good response from Princess. I am about to send it in again for our upcoming cruises as soon as I make the final payments. It is a very nice perk and works on all of the cruise lines Carnival owns.

I have 4 & 5 day cruises booked back to back this February. Can I send a request in for BOTH the cruises and get credit? Has anyone did it on a back to back? I think I read somewhere it is less credit on cruises less than 7 days?

I have 4 & 5 day cruises booked back to back this February. Can I send a request in for BOTH the cruises and get credit? … I think I read somewhere it is less credit on cruises less than 7 days?
$50 for 6 days or shorter, as stated earlier in this thread. If you have booked two short cruises, you can request $50 + $50. If it's booked as one 9 day cruise, you can request $100. Six of one, …

$50 for 6 days or shorter, as stated earlier in this thread. If you have booked two short cruises, you can request $50 + $50. If it's booked as one 9 day cruise, you can request $100. Six of one, …

Thank you, I thought that you could apply for both long as they are booked separately. Sorry, I didn't see the post earlier that mentioned the amounts. Thanks for putting the amounts in your reply.

It would make a bigger difference if you were doing 6 days + 7 days. You would want those to count separately to receive $100 + $100 shareholder credit (as opposed to 13 days, which only gets you $100). On the other hand, for a 7 day + 7 day back to back, it's better if they count that as one 14 day cruise ($250 credit).

It would make a bigger difference if you were doing 6 days + 7 days. You would want those to count separately to receive $100 + $100 shareholder credit (as opposed to 13 days, which only gets you $100). On the other hand, for a 7 day + 7 day back to back, it's better if they count that as one 14 day cruise ($250 credit).

Good info for future reference! Thank you!

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but just want to make sure with the very knowledgeable folks here on CC. If doing 4 back to back cruises each 16 days or longer and book each leg as a separate booking am I correct in thinking I will get the shareholder obc for each of the legs along with my military credit, etc.

Thanks,

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but just want to make sure with the very knowledgeable folks here on CC. If doing 4 back to back cruises each 16 days or longer and book each leg as a separate booking am I correct in thinking I will get the shareholder obc for each of the legs along with my military credit, etc.

Thanks,

Yes! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Faxed Friday afternoon, and the credit posted sometime over the weekend, so the response time is definitely improving (and it's a huge improvement to be able to see it in the personalizer). Interesting part is that when I checked Friday evening it hadn't posted, so it seems to have posted sometime over the weekend. Surprised they have anyone working on that on the weekend.

I faxed mine Thursday night. It was my first attempt at sending a fax so when it hadn't been posted by Friday night I was afraid I hadn't done it right. I was very surprised when I went to check something else Saturday night and the credit had been posted. I'm very glad they now show it on the Personalizer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I bought shares now, would I be too late to get OBC for a cruise on August 9th?

That is another question answered by viewing the application form (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758) and is says it must be made at least 14 days prior to departure date so you should submit it soon.

If I bought shares now, would I be too late to get OBC for a cruise on August 9th?

I think that would depend on how fast your broker could get the proper paperwork to you. Once you have that it's a matter of sending the fax.

While it's not required, Princess has an application form containing all of the info to request Shareholder OBC. If you go to this post there's a PDF file of this form that Princess emailed to me:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43222359&postcount=25

Thanks so much for the 2014/15 form. I mailed my Shareholder statement with a 2013/14 old form on Saturday and the credit was posted in My Personalizer today. We are cruising again in April and I will use the one you posted.

Thanks so much for the 2014/15 form. I mailed my Shareholder statement with a 2013/14 old form on Saturday and the credit was posted in My Personalizer today. We are cruising again in April and I will use the one you posted.

You're welcome..while the form isn't required it does answer most of the questions passengers ask & provides accurate information about what Princess needs to issue our SOBC. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer