electronic smokes

For those who say there are no studies do your own research and you'll find the EPA and FDA have studied the chemical and it is generally considered safe for human consumption.

Yes it has been tested for breathability. The chemical has been on the market since before the 2nd world war, and has been tested plenty.

Fyi it's already in use in hospitals and transplant medication.

I'm tired of doing people's research. You all need to do a basic google search before posting ignorant comments

The comedian Ron White said it best. "You can't fix 'stupid' ".

Thanks again for all of the helpful information you've provided.

My husband has tried a couple but he said it would give him a headache after. Does anyone have any good suggestions on one that we can try out before we sail next year? Also, he used the ones that doesn't have the liquid catridges. He said he didn't want to have to mess with pouring stuff. But if those are better than I will tell him he just has to get over it lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

My husband has tried a couple but he said it would give him a headache after. Does anyone have any good suggestions on one that we can try out before we sail next year? Also, he used the ones that doesn't have the liquid catridges. He said he didn't want to have to mess with pouring stuff. But if those are better than I will tell him he just has to get over it lol

Nickel,,I tried the Blu e-cig,,it was terrible. I switched to a refillable e-cig with a rechargeable battery and variable voltage. I haven't smoked a regular cigarette since and I smoked for over 30 years.

The disposable e-cigs and a lot of the mass marketed liquids are nasty. Try a custom mixer like Tasty Vapor. Cartomisers with tanks are the way to go. if I fill my tank full, I can go two days without refilling. And if tanks are plastic, be careful of using strong cinnamon flavors. My tanks are Pyrex.

For those who say there are no studies do your own research and you'll find the EPA and FDA have studied the chemical and it is generally considered safe for human consumption.

Yes it has been tested for breathability. The chemical has been on the market since before the 2nd world war, and has been tested plenty.

Fyi it's already in use in hospitals and transplant medication.

I'm tired of doing people's research. You all need to do a basic google search before posting ignorant comments

That could be true. However, the various manufacturer's of e-cigs are under no regulations to maintain quality control over their product. While some manufacturers do put out a decent product, many others do not. The ingredients from cartridge to cartridge can vary, and since many of these products are imported from China and Malaysia, anything including poisons and carcinogenics, can be found in their composition.

New York State has a department that offers addiction services, and they have not seen a study that proves ALL e-cigs are safe to use. Some may indeed be safe, and I have seen many smokers use them for tobacco cessation, but many may not be safe for the user or those in close contact. Look at nys.gov, then addiction services for more info.

Personally, I'm hoping that e-cigs can be made using strict quality control so good intentions do not result in poor outcomes.

Edited by evandbob

GO to a vapor shop. The reason is, they usually have tons of different flavors (over 100 where I go) and more importantly, different levels of nicotine. They will ask what he smokes, how much, and go from there. For me, I started with 18mg of nicotine, no problems, my wife started with 8mg, but had to go up to 12mg to start. Then you lower it little by little, till you're nicotine free.

Blue gave me headaches, made my throat burn, I would wake up coughing, etc. Switched to a "vision spinner" battery, with a "vape only" brand top, and have had no problems since.

The people at the shop (if a good shop) are good at getting the right info to you and him. The mall kiosks, and head shops that have vaporizers usually don't know much, you won't like using it, or it won't be strong enough, ect, so you'll shelve it and never try again.

Be prepared to spend around 70-100 to start. I reccomend getting the better quality items right away, or you'll just buy them later anyway.

Thank you pbsteve.

We looked into the Blue because it was one of the so called best out at the time but ultimately decided against it. He would up getting one that looked just like a cigarette and did fine for a few days and then that's when the problems started. It may have been too strong, so we will definitely take your advice and go to the actual store. I think his ultimate goal is to do what you mentioned and eventually taper off with the nicotine!

I have a Marlboro mark ten. Came in the mail for free. Bought the cartridges. I like it. It tastes like sugar/vanilla. USB charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Carnival Valor I smoked an ecig in my cabin and on about the 4th night it set off the fire alarm in the cabin. About 1 min later fire crew were pounding on the door. They assumed it was from the shower when they could not detect any odors but needless to say I did not smoke it in the cabin after that.

I mentioned that this could happen, I can't remember if it was here or RCC. IT was posted by pilots on a flight forum, I can't remember the url, it was 3 years ago when I found out about it. I was checking on the airline rules at the time for a flight to cancun. It depends on the type of alarm, and I'm sure the condition of it too and how much vape your esmoke puts out. But when I mentioned people to be careful in the bathrooms, they all thought it was a joke and basically me assumed I was BSing them.

Thank you pbsteve.

We looked into the Blue because it was one of the so called best out at the time but ultimately decided against it. He would up getting one that looked just like a cigarette and did fine for a few days and then that's when the problems started. It may have been too strong, so we will definitely take your advice and go to the actual store. I think his ultimate goal is to do what you mentioned and eventually taper off with the nicotine!

I was part of a test group for 7 different brands of the disposable ones about 2 years ago. All but blue were terrible, and blue wasn't that good. Upgraded to the cartridge style, still wasn't happy. Went to the store, got some education on it, been quite happy since. Wish I didn't spend the 50 on blue.

Oh and if he gets hiccips, lower the nicotine.