FOS cabin - hump vs 10th?

Hello - I need some advise please. We are a family group requiring 6 cabins. Due to different stateroom requirements most if us will be spread throughout the ship. My parents cabin (age 65) were booked in a balcony 6 doors down from our aft cabin on deck 10. A 'hump' cabin on the 6th floor has become available and I am wondering if I should move them. It appears the hump on the Freedom isn't as impressive as some of the other ships? For those experienced travellers - what would you suggest?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello - I need some advise please. We are a family group requiring 6 cabins. Due to different stateroom requirements most if us will be spread throughout the ship. My parents cabin (age 65) were booked in a balcony 6 doors down from our aft cabin on deck 10. A 'hump' cabin on the 6th floor has become available and I am wondering if I should move them. It appears the hump on the Freedom isn't as impressive as some of the other ships? For those experienced travellers - what would you suggest?

TIA

The hump stateroom on Freedom class has the same size balcony as any other side facing balcony in the same category, so the only advantages to the hump are a more dramatic view and close proximity to the elevators/stairs. You would have to weigh if that is more important than being close to you.

We've been in several "hump" cabins and like them for the location (close to elevators and stairs) and will continue to book them when available for that reason. That said, I've always thought the people who talk about "seeing forward" etc are greatly inflating the view, you're still pretty much looking out at the water:rolleyes:

Thank you! I will leave the cabins as they are - I recall seeing some dramatic 'humps' many years ago but it doesn't appear that Freedom has much advantage to those cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a hump stateroom on Independence (sister ship to Freedom) in May for a Transatlantic. I loved it! The balcony was not any larger and nothing fancy. But I did like having a better view. And to my surprise - I liked being so close to the stairs. Given the choice, I would book a hump.