Pier arrival times

I was just reading a thread on the Carnival Board , where some one asked what time does everyone arrive at the pier/wharf for their cruise. I was sort of surprised to read the majority of posters to the 3 pages, so far, arrive or intend to arrive between 8am and 11am ! I have stated before that I arrive at the suggested or requested time which, for us, is generally about 2pm. That time seems great to us as wait times etc are not much at all. I understand travellers who have to fly in or stay at hotels the night before have limited options as to how to spend their wait times. Seems that a lot of passengers, even those making own nearby travel arrangements, just arrive early hoping to get onboard asap. Just got me thinking that's all , cheers, Buzz.

I was just reading a thread on the Carnival Board , where some one asked what time does everyone arrive at the pier/wharf for their cruise. I was sort of surprised to read the majority of posters to the 3 pages, so far, arrive or intend to arrive between 8am and 11am ! I have stated before that I arrive at the suggested or requested time which, for us, is generally about 2pm. That time seems great to us as wait times etc are not much at all. I understand travellers who have to fly in or stay at hotels the night before have limited options as to how to spend their wait times. Seems that a lot of passengers, even those making own nearby travel arrangements, just arrive early hoping to get onboard asap. Just got me thinking that's all , cheers, Buzz.

some people do arrive early but boarding doesnt seem to start until 11.30- 12 noon so they cant get on until then

we get priority boarding with princess so we like to get on early and have lunch and explore the ship

We always arrive when told to when there is staggered boarding.

On several occasions, we had not received a time and have arrived at around 10.30am, as we had to check out of the hotel by 10am and we were onboard by 11.00-11.30am. Once we just dropped our bags and returned several hours later due to the check in lines. It is our preference to arrive later and avoid the queues. I think it really does depend on peoples individual preference , their arrangements and also the port.:D

I think for the people who arrive super-early, if they can store their luggage, it's a nice use of their time to wander around The Rocks. Particularly, because it's right near the departure terminal. I used to live in Sydney (now freezing my socks off in Melbourne) and I plan to spend a day with my sister-in-law (who is arriving from NZ the day before the cruise) just wandering around The Rocks. We'll also probably do the Hop On/Hop Off bus too.

If people have several hours to kill, it's a pleasant, short, walk around to the Opera House to get a nice photo looking back at the Harbour Bridge (which I think would hidden by the huge cruise ship). It's also lovely to wander around the gardens there.

And for those who are DESPERATE to part with their cash, it doesn't take long to wander up to Pitt Street Mall for a spot of pre-cruise shopping. There's also loads of excellent eateries and good coffee!

There's quite a bit to do/look at/buy/eat etc before meandering back to the cruise terminal for your boarding time.

PS: BuzzBuzzen - we are on the same cruise!

I've arrived between around 10 a.m., and 5:15 p.m., all depending on a number of factors.

As long as you arrive before the ship departs, just choose the rest how it suits you and fits in with the cruiseline!

I've arrived between around 10 a.m., and 5:15 p.m., all depending on a number of factors.

As long as you arrive before the ship departs, just choose the rest how it suits you and fits in with the cruiseline!

5.15pm check-in could be OK if the departure is 8pm. There is often a 'cut-off' time for check-in, most likely an hour before departure, so anyone planning to go late should check this out.

We are sailing in November on Princess, arrive at airport at 10.15 a.m

no doubt we will be out of White Bay where there is no sightseeing to do

oh well a good book will have to suffice while we wait.:D:D

If you don't have transfers booked, you could always hang around the CBD for a while although you will still have your bags. There are lockers at Central station though.:D

We are sailing in November on Princess, arrive at airport at 10.15 a.m

no doubt we will be out of White Bay where there is no sightseeing to do

oh well a good book will have to suffice while we wait.:D:D

I'd say by the time you get to the ship, it should be ready to board, or very close to it.

You can do your sightseeing onboard. :-)

If you don't have transfers booked, you could always hang around the CBD for a while although you will still have your bags. There are lockers at Central station though.:D

Mic are you sure about the lockers at Central station as going by their website it says this

Sydney - Central Station

The cloak room and lockers at Sydney's Central Station are closed until further notice

Mic are you sure about the lockers at Central station as going by their website it says this

Sydney - Central Station

The cloak room and lockers at Sydney's Central Station are closed until further notice

No not sure at all, I don't know if they are still open. They were moved to the country train area of the station some time ago and were available for use.

I would suggest that the sign is correct and not to rely on using them at this stage.:D