B2B On Celebrity

NEILPADZ

Hi, we are doing our first b2b sailing on the Silhouette in august. I would like to know the process that celebrity use for b2b guests... thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

who knows, we have done 2 btb's with X & both times the experence was different from 1) what we were told in advance , 2) what what on the other ship & 3) what was told to us a couple of days before end of the 1st cruise.

Don't sweat it, the bright side is that X may give you a special treat for the 2nd cruise.

If you are in the same cabin, you need do nothing. If moving, pack up (

You can leave stuff on hangers, and steward will move.

You may or may not have to leave the ship. Depends on local authorities. You will gave to leave the cabin for a time.

It varies due to the requirements of the local authorities.

As you will not be in the US it should be fairly easy. Will you be changing rooms?

Keep in mind that each cruise is independent, you can't carry over in board credit. Or Internet minutes. Or anything cumulative. You will close out your first SeaPass account and start a new one.

We tend to do B2B cruises, and the turnaround day procedure can be handled in a variety of ways. But when those who will be ending their cruises receive their disembarkation packets the B2B passengers will receive a succinct instruction letter which will outline the B2B procedure.

It varies due to the requirements of the local authorities.

As you will not be in the US it should be fairly easy. Will you be changing rooms?

Keep in mind that each cruise is independent, you can't carry over in board credit. Or Internet minutes. Or anything cumulative. You will close out your first SeaPass account and start a new one.

Hi WestLakeGirl

We have the same room for both cruises, i dont think it would feel the same if we had to move as there are four of us!

who knows, we have done 2 btb's with X & both times the experence was different from 1) what we were told in advance , 2) what what on the other ship & 3) what was told to us a couple of days before end of the 1st cruise.

Don't sweat it, the bright side is that X may give you a special treat for the 2nd cruise.

Hi Cirman52

Thanks for the reply, what "special treat" have you previously received ?

We have done two b2b's on Celebrity. As for that special dinner discount, I think it's offered to everyone. One good thing, on the last day of the first cruise we were able to select any table we wanted for dinner on the second cruise.

Both times we had to change cabins. We just packed stuff from drawers and the bathroom back into our suitcases. The cabin attendant moved all the stuff on hangers. This was about 9:45-10:00AM. Obviously, the second (new room) had to be made up and ready before we could move out of the first cabin.

Both times there was a short time when we were essentially locked out of the room (no key)and the computer system. They did this as they closed out the first trips books and accounts and set up everything for the second cruise. The attendant said just ask him if we needed access to the new room. They could not give us a key to the second room either until around noon. Just before the new group came on board.

Since had no key or ID card yet, they gave us a special "transit pass" so we go leave the ship and return and bypass the regular lines. It worked well and we had no problems.

Now this happened twice with a European City as the middle port. It might be different now and if you are at a U.S. port.

And one more thing. Be sure to put on your shorts or swim suits and be sitting at the main pool as the newbies come on board. They will think you own the ship or wonder how you did it.

We are almost always b2b or more b's and as everyone has said the change over is different every time. Special treats that we have received over the years are free drinks, additional cruise credit, bistro on 5 comp, nails in the spa, persian gardens pass, flowers, some other things AND a lot of times NOTHING. Except of course another cruise.

Geospyder is correct, you may miss the new friends, but you also get to get rid of anyone that truly bugged you. Enjoy

.....Thanks for the reply, what "special treat" have you previously received ?
Often they provide a special lunch for the B2B passengers on the turnaround day in one of the specialty restaurants or the main dining room.

We usually miss out on them because we are off in port doing something else during lunch time that day.

In addition to the special lunch, Hotel Director Andrew Harris gave all the B2B passengers special coupons for free laundry and dry cleaning.

He left Celebrity shortly afterward, not to imply that there was any connection, but we still remember him as one of our favorite cruise ship hotel directors.

We're doing B2B2b soon & would you believe they have put us in different cabins for each leg. How am I supposed to remember where I live?

Breadcrumbs.

Remember Hansel and Gretel?

Nah, on second thought that won't work

Those meticulous Celebrity crew members will be right behind you sweeping them up.

You could bring a big ball of string and tie the end to the doorknob each time you leave the cabin. Then just rewind it to find your way back.

Or the easiest way, bring a 6 year old child with you.

Once they learn how to read numbers, they can lead you back to any cabin on any cruise ship, or any hotel room for that matter.

Hi Cirman52

Thanks for the reply, what "special treat" have you previously received ?

we did a Ta to Barcelonawith a rt Barcelona as the btb. For the btbers, X had a special gathering on the hell deck, with drinks & snacks as we sailed out of Kotro, Montenegro. THAT was special.

I can not remember what they did for the cruise to Sydney from SD, must not have been as good