Just off the Breeze 7/5-7/13

KPfromCT

Let me just start by saying this was our 2nd 8 night sailing on this ship.

Last year we did the Eastern itinerary, which visited St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau.

We had another EXTRAORDINARY experience.

Same cabin as last year......Lido Balcony 10278. Room steward was Putu.

He was INCREDIBLE. Like a ninja...we'd be gone for 20 minutes and came back to an immaculate room:D

Food was incredible. We only did the MDR two nights. We did the Steakhouse one night, and Cucina Del Capitano, last night. Both were well worth the extra money. Delicious.

We did 3 of the family friendly comedy shows. The first two comedians were BAD. The last one, Percy Cruz, was HYSTERICAL. Got there 20 minutes before the show ( on elegant night ) and it was almost SRO. Get there early.

One thing I noticed on this sailing was everywhere you went, someone was ALWAYS cleaning something. Lido deck, elevator windows, decks, vacuuming, etc. The crew seemed very happy and very friendly.

Islands:

Turks & Caicos: DH and his buddy did the Flowrider and then we just hung in the pool all day and had some drinks. Didn't make it to Jack's Shack this year.

Dominican Republic: Stayed on the ship. Hadn't heard great things about the island and the mosquito issue sealed the deal for us. Pretty much had the ship to ourselves.

Curacao: Irie Tours: 2 hour tour of the island and 1 hour at the beach. The beach wasn't great. We were supposed to go to the Seaquarium, but because of the FIFA finals, he said it would have been mobbed and not enjoyable. Ehhhhh. It was fine. We ended the day at Rif Fort having some drinks and watching the end of the game. Then we were able to get some pics of the ship lit up at night.

Aruba: Took the #10 bus to DePalm Pier at Palm Beach, and rented chairs and umbrellas. Spent about 3 hours there, and then headed back into town to do some shopping. Absolutely, our favorite island on this trip.

One other thing I do want to mention, for some reason, once we left Turk and Caicos, and started heading to the Dominican, the water was CRAZY choppy down there. It was odd......I don't get seasick, but our friends were taking Bonine like it was candy. I don't know if that's normal for that part of the Caribbean, but it didn't get better until we got back up near Cuba/Bahamas.

If you guys have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Also, I can post some pics, if you like.:D

We were on this sailing also. We had a great time as well.

For Curacao we went to Playa Porto Mari which was awesome for snorkeling but a little rocky to get in but easy if you wear water shoes.

In Aruba we went to Eagle beach first but although it looked like a postcard it was too rough for my taste so took a cab from there to Baby Beach which is more my style-super shallow and clear.

We stayed on the ship in Dominican because we have been there twice before on all inclusive vacations and also to avoid chikungunya-unfortunately I got sick anyway but the jury is still out on what it is causing this sudden excruciating bone pain.

We were on this sailing also. We had a great time as well.

For Curacao we went to Playa Porto Mari which was awesome for snorkeling but a little rocky to get in but easy if you wear water shoes.

In Aruba we went to Eagle beach first but although it looked like a postcard it was too rough for my taste so took a cab from there to Baby Beach which is more my style-super shallow and clear.

We stayed on the ship in Dominican because we have been there twice before on all inclusive vacations and also to avoid chikungunya-unfortunately I got sick anyway but the jury is still out on what it is causing this sudden excruciating bone pain.

:(. I really hope you don't have that mosquito disease. Ugh.

Just off that one as well and had a fantastic time! We had sailed on the Breeze last year for Spring Break (6 day) and loved the 8 day itinerary. We had not been to these islands, so were excited about this cruise!

Grand Turk - hung out at Margaritaville and had a blast!

La Romana - did the AquaticRiders and had a great time even though it's a fairly new excursion and they didn't have it quite together, we still enjoyed it!

Curacao - loved it! We actually booked a room at the Renaissance (got a cheap rate) as we had heard about their infinity beach/pool area and close proximity to the dock. Comparing it to the beach excursions, this was a cheaper option (we are a family of 4) and this way we had a room to relax in and shower since we were there until 10pm. We really enjoyed walking around and the Rif Fort area, the bridge and town. My DH travels a lot so the Marriott points were nice too! :p

Aruba - did the Aruba Goes Wild Bus/Beach tour and that was fun! Saw the island and main sights - rock formations, chapel, lighthouse, beach resort area. You had the option to hang at the beach or they would take you back to the port and then go back at the appointed time to pick up those that stayed at the beach. Loved how it is really a desert landscape....we are from south Florida, so the beach/resort/nicer homes area reminded us a lot of home.....:rolleyes:

On the ship food-wise, had the most fabulous server for My Time Dining each night and we requested her each night - Rosanna! If you do My Time, ask for her section!! Food was great!! Definitely try the Italian place for free lunch....you won't be sorry! Also try to get back by the back pool for the Indian food (Tandoor I think!) during the day - delicious! Go by the cantina for breakfast burritos and of course for lunch too, Guy's burgers is good too, the Sea Day Brunch is another do not miss! Kids loved getting room service too! Marketplace has a great variety of foods, pizza is always available. Ocean Plaza has at lunch a soup and salad bar that also has wraps and chips & salsa. On sea days just off that is the BBQ which was delicious! :)

We loved the comedy shows, Dive In Movies with the comfy blankets and popcorn, Waterworks was a blast, pools are too small and too crowded, too bad there is no pool in the Serenity area, a lot of trivia games at Ocean Plaza and some fun things around the ship. LOVED the band #Groove6 that played in Ocean Plaza! They are awesome, so definitely go see them! Shows - not good, but the Motown music and Brits music was good, the shows themselves not good....Music around the ship generally was good! ;)

We had a great cruise and if you sail on the Breeze, you will too! :D

We were on this sailing as we'll and it's the second time we've done this route. We were were actually just a few cabins down from original poster but never met (10286). We also had the pleasure of having Putu as our cabin Stewart, I can't say enough about how amazing he was. We had a cabin with 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) which was a mess everyday and somehow each day Putu made it nice and livable again. Putu also played a key roll in helping us play a few tasteful pranks on our friends from NY just a few cabins down we are from the Boston area.

The ship was amazing for the most part. I do prefer the mid-ship design of the Conquest Class ships as apposed to the Dream Class with the stadium seating design. The decor was very tasteful and reserved unlike some of the other carnival ships. Food was great and the ship was very clean as mentioned by others.

We had Michael in the Blush dinning room and I can't say enough about him and his team. Every night he would cut my daughters steak for her and went out of his way to make sure both my girls were happy.

The adult comedy shows were great on the second part of the trip.

We also can't say enough about Camp Carnival this ship had a great staff up there but it's a shame that several of them will be leaving in a few weeks and not renewing their contracts. (It's not an easy job up there)

One of the other areas we really enjoyed was the Red Frog Pub. We loved some of the food that could be ordered at a very reasonable price 3.33. They had a great staff, great beer selection and good live music.

One place we did not enjoy was the Italian restaurant. We just didn't enjoy the food. Maybe because we are spoiled with the northend in Boston. The overall decor and service was great.

Now as far as the steakhouse goes the food was great and as always I would highly recommend for at least one night.

As far as ports go we love this route with the late night in Curaso. For the second time we booked a non-carnival excursion doing a sunset cruise. If anyone is interested in company name just message me. We also did an non-carnival excursion in the DR which was also great and a lot cheaper than people who booked through carnival paid.

Aruba was just relaxed and a quick trip to the butterfly farm for the youngest daughter and we just hit the beach in Grand Turk.

Well that's about it on my end. If you've never done this route I highly recommend booking it. It's expensive initially but the price will drop. Our booking dropped 1200.00 between booking and final payment and we also received 1450.00 in OBC with additional price drops between April and June.

We are already in the process of booking this ship and 8 day eastern route. Happy cruising everyone.

Rich

Just off that one as well and had a fantastic time! We had sailed on the Breeze last year for Spring Break (6 day) and loved the 8 day itinerary. We had not been to these islands, so were excited about this cruise!

Grand Turk - hung out at Margaritaville and had a blast!

La Romana - did the AquaticRiders and had a great time even though it's a fairly new excursion and they didn't have it quite together, we still enjoyed it!

Curacao - loved it! We actually booked a room at the Renaissance (got a cheap rate) as we had heard about their infinity beach/pool area and close proximity to the dock. Comparing it to the beach excursions, this was a cheaper option (we are a family of 4) and this way we had a room to relax in and shower since we were there until 10pm. We really enjoyed walking around and the Rif Fort area, the bridge and town. My DH travels a lot so the Marriott points were nice too! :p

Aruba - did the Aruba Goes Wild Bus/Beach tour and that was fun! Saw the island and main sights - rock formations, chapel, lighthouse, beach resort area. You had the option to hang at the beach or they would take you back to the port and then go back at the appointed time to pick up those that stayed at the beach. Loved how it is really a desert landscape....we are from south Florida, so the beach/resort/nicer homes area reminded us a lot of home.....:rolleyes:

On the ship food-wise, had the most fabulous server for My Time Dining each night and we requested her each night - Rosanna! If you do My Time, ask for her section!! Food was great!! Definitely try the Italian place for free lunch....you won't be sorry! Also try to get back by the back pool for the Indian food (Tandoor I think!) during the day - delicious! Go by the cantina for breakfast burritos and of course for lunch too, Guy's burgers is good too, the Sea Day Brunch is another do not miss! Kids loved getting room service too! Marketplace has a great variety of foods, pizza is always available. Ocean Plaza has at lunch a soup and salad bar that also has wraps and chips & salsa. On sea days just off that is the BBQ which was delicious! :)

We loved the comedy shows, Dive In Movies with the comfy blankets and popcorn, Waterworks was a blast, pools are too small and too crowded, too bad there is no pool in the Serenity area, a lot of trivia games at Ocean Plaza and some fun things around the ship. LOVED the band #Groove6 that played in Ocean Plaza! They are awesome, so definitely go see them! Shows - not good, but the Motown music and Brits music was good, the shows themselves not good....Music around the ship generally was good! ;)

We had a great cruise and if you sail on the Breeze, you will too! :D

Do you by any chance have a photo of Rosanna? We had a Rosanna on our Elation cruise and she was the best server we ever had. Also, what DR was ATD in?

Edited by Thestapels

Do you by any chance have a photo of Rosanna? We had a Rosanna on our Elation cruise and she was the best server we ever had. Also, what DR was ATD in?

My daughter has one on her phone, but she is from Peru and has been with Carnival 13 years and on most of their ships she said.....and she has a daughter who is now 2.......she is really awesome! :)

Sapphire deck 3 (right behind the Atrium bar) and Rosanna's section was in the back left and she got a lot of requests the hostess said!! ;)

My daughter has one on her phone, but she is from Peru and has been with Carnival 13 years and on most of their ships she said.....and she has a daughter who is now 2.......she is really awesome! :)

Sapphire deck 3 (right behind the Atrium bar) and Rosanna's section was in the back left and she got a lot of requests the hostess said!! ;)

That sounds like it could be here. Will have to check it out. thank you.

We were on this sailing as we'll and it's the second time we've done this route. We were were actually just a few cabins down from original poster but never met (10286). We also had the pleasure of having Putu as our cabin Stewart, I can't say enough about how amazing he was. We had a cabin with 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) which was a mess everyday and somehow each day Putu made it nice and livable again. Putu also played a key roll in helping us play a few tasteful pranks on our friends from NY just a few cabins down we are from the Boston area.

The ship was amazing for the most part. I do prefer the mid-ship design of the Conquest Class ships as apposed to the Dream Class with the stadium seating design. The decor was very tasteful and reserved unlike some of the other carnival ships. Food was great and the ship was very clean as mentioned by others.

We had Michael in the Blush dinning room and I can't say enough about him and his team. Every night he would cut my daughters steak for her and went out of his way to make sure both my girls were happy.

We also can't say enough about Camp Carnival this ship had a great staff up there but it's a shame that several of them will be leaving in a few weeks and not renewing their contracts. (It's not an easy job up there)

One of the other areas we really enjoyed was the Red Frog Pub. We loved some of the food that could be ordered at a very reasonable price 3.33. They had a great staff, great beer selection and good live music.

One place we did not enjoy was the Italian restaurant. We just didn't enjoy the food. Maybe because we are spoiled with the northend in Boston. The overall decor and service was great.

Now as far as the steakhouse goes the food was great and as always I would highly recommend for at least one night.

As far as ports go we love this route with the late night in Curaso. For the second time we booked a non-carnival excursion doing a sunset cruise. If anyone is interested in company name just message me. We also did an non-carnival excursion in the DR which was also great and a lot cheaper than people who booked through carnival paid.

Aruba was just relaxed and a quick trip to the butterfly farm for the youngest daughter and we just hit the beach in Grand Turk.

Well that's about it on my end. If you've never done this route I highly recommend booking it. It's expensive initially but the price will drop. Our booking dropped 1200.00 between booking and final payment and we also received 1450.00 in OBC with additional price drops between April and June.

We are already in the process of booking this ship and 8 day eastern route. Happy cruising everyone.

Rich

Were you guys the ones with the Red Sox balloons on the door and then all the banners ended up on the door about 4 down? HYSTERICAL!!!! I took a picture of that door!!! We were in 10278, and our friends in 10282, so the banners were next to them!!! We got a good chuckle out of that. Putu ROCKED!!!!!!!!:D:D

Rich

Hi Rich, Thank you for your review. We will set sail on the Breeze this Saturday (7/19). We also sailed the Breeze last July. :-) What tour company did you use in DR? We reserved Seavis Tours to Saona Island but now I'm getting a bit worried with all the mosquito talk. We are also traveling with kids (8, 4, 2) and two older adults (64 and 77).

Let me know what your experience was like in DR.

We do! I swear we felt like she was family after knowing her for only four days! ImageUploadedByForums1405358755.059415.jpg.3235f064f937d3ddfbf8a296391bc0bd.jpgShe had a wonderful spirit and was such an amazing lady to me and my two teens. We were in the Sapphire dining room for ATD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Iwas on the breeze last oct, and loved it and we are taking it again at x-mas. But you have me really worried now about that mosquito issue. Igot the west nile virus from a mosquito back 3 years ago. So now have concerns getting off at that port.

Were you guys the ones with the Red Sox balloons on the door and then all the banners ended up on the door about 4 down? HYSTERICAL!!!! I took a picture of that door!!! We were in 10278, and our friends in 10282, so the banners were next to them!!! We got a good chuckle out of that. Putu ROCKED!!!!!!!!:D:D

The door with all the balloons on it for most of the cruise was our friends from new york. The last night Putu filled their room with balloons for us. The banners you saw were hung in their cabin a few nights earlier by Putu. They then wrapped our door and we returned the favor. We were the second door with the birthday sign on it 10286... Probably right next to your friends. Putu was great.

Hi Rich, Thank you for your review. We will set sail on the Breeze this Saturday (7/19). We also sailed the Breeze last July. :-) What tour company did you use in DR? We reserved Seavis Tours to Saona Island but now I'm getting a bit worried with all the mosquito talk. We are also traveling with kids (8, 4, 2) and two older adults (64 and 77).

We used Seavis and had a great time with them. Get the boat with Jose.... We were worried about the mosquito issue as we'll and have two young kids, but had no issues what so ever. We did pack Deep Woods Off but never used it. Having that said just be ready for lots of bee's at your first stop. The star fish stop is great.

We do! I swear we felt like she was family after knowing her for only four days! [ATTACH]319308[/ATTACH]She had a wonderful spirit and was such an amazing lady to me and my two teens. We were in the Sapphire dining room for ATD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is Rosanna!! We have cruised quite a few times and can truly say that she was the best from any cruise!! :D

We had no issues at all regarding the mosquitos.......you may want to throw the Off in your bag, but we didn't need it at all either......;)