Royal Caribbean drinks questions

bellasmummy

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have a some of questions about drinks inboard Adventure of the Seas.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, I was a bit confused by the different sections :o

We're booked on Adventure this October for a week out of Southampton, it's our third cruise with Royal Caribbean but our last one was 6 years ago so we're a bit out of touch.

Our daughter has the kids soda package included in the booking so I think she's sorted drinks wise but I'm not sure what to do for us. DH doesn't drink so I guess a soda package will be ok for him, but can he use this in the main dining room? What are the restrictions on this? Are they chipped mugs that you fill yourself and are time limited between refills? Or can you fill at a bar?

I'm not a big drinker and will probably only have a wine spritzer with dinner, is it best to just pay as I go for these? Would it be better to take a couple of bottles onboard and pay the corkage for them? How do you do this? I'll feel a bit silly walking into the main dining room all dressed up with a bottle in my hand ;)

Are lemonade, water, tea and coffee still included? I know they were when we sailed before but can't remember the details, could I have lemonade with lunch, dinner etc and not be charged?

I know fruit juices etc are included with breakfast, but seem to remember they were also included with room service at any time of day, is that correct?

So many questions, sorry, just trying to get my head around this after all inclusive holidays for the last few years.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer ;)

Edited by bellasmummy

Yes...ice water, coffee, tea, lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast is included in your fare. You can buy soda "by the can" if you don't drink the equivilent of 3+ cans per day (which is the break even point).

NOTHING on a package is covered by room service or the "mini bar".

You will need to drink in excess of 7 drinks (beer, mixed drinks, etc.,,) per day to make the alcohol package pay for itself.

Yes...ice water, coffee, tea, lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast is included in your fare. You can buy soda "by the can" if you don't drink the equivilent of 3+ cans per day (which is the break even point).

NOTHING on a package is covered by room service or the "mini bar".

You will need to drink in excess of 7 drinks (beer, mixed drinks, etc.,,) per day to make the alcohol package pay for itself.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I don't think it'll be worth me getting a drinks package then, but will get dh a soda package. Can he use this at dinner? Will they make him have his drink out of the plastic refill cup?

RCCL allows one bottle of wine per person over age 21 to be brought onboard at embarkation, ask your room steward for wine glass but bring your own opener. You can get a wine package of 3-7 bottles of wine to be served at diner throughout your cruise, if you don't finish a bottle the waiter will re cork it and have it waiting for you the next night. Same goes for specialty dinning, if you don't finish a bottle they will reseal it and have at MDR the next night waiting for you. happy cruising

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I don't think it'll be worth me getting a drinks package then, but will get dh a soda package. Can he use this at dinner? Will they make him have his drink out of the plastic refill cup?

The soda package is valid in both the MDR and the Windjammer. He will get a mug. It is not necessary to use the mug at those 2 locations or any bar... If the Adventure of the Seas has the Coke "Freestyle" machine near the pool, the chipped mug is required there.

The soda plan makes sense financially if you drink 3 or more cans of soda a day.

Aloha,

John

RCCL allows one bottle of wine per person over age 21 to be brought onboard at embarkation, ask your room steward for wine glass but bring your own opener. You can get a wine package of 3-7 bottles of wine to be served at diner throughout your cruise, if you don't finish a bottle the waiter will re cork it and have it waiting for you the next night. Same goes for specialty dinning, if you don't finish a bottle they will reseal it and have at MDR the next night waiting for you. happy cruising

Just to clarify it is two bottles of wine per stateroom - not per person. If there are more than two people over 21 in a stateroom it is still limited to two bottles. (solo cruisers can bring two bottles on board). :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Drinks package is really only worth if you drink a reasonable amount and have a number if sea days where your number of drinks per day is usually a lot more

Soda packs good for kids or again if you drink alot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums