Hhic hic Need advice on Premium Alcohol package

MACKAM

Really thinking of booking the premium alcohol package on Equinox 20th September cruise. Can anyone who has used it give me some advice on finding which wines/cocktail choices are available.

We are Elite + and are in a concierge cabin I have heard there is a slight discount on this package,I am right?

Thanks for any information, Hic hic

Really thinking of booking the premium alcohol package on Equinox 20th September cruise. Can anyone who has used it give me some advice on finding which wines/cocktail choices are available.

We are Elite + and are in a concierge cabin I have heard there is a slight discount on this package,I am right?

Thanks for any information, Hic hic

I am curious, with the Elite cocktail hour at night how would you drink enough to justify the cost of the package? We had a choice and chose the $300 OBC. No way could we drink enough outside the two hours of free booze to get enough value from that option particularly when both of us had to buy the package.

I am curious, with the Elite cocktail hour at night how would you drink enough to justify the cost of the package? We had a choice and chose the $300 OBC. No way could we drink enough outside the two hours of free booze to get enough value from that option particularly when both of us had to buy the package.

To each his own! I am also Elite and almost never go to the lounge for cocktail hour - only once in awhile to join friends who are there every night. Plus, if you eat at Early Dining, it's actually only 1 hour of free booze. :) Personally, I prefer the ambiance of the bars, and almost always have the Classic Beverage Package. Some of us start drinking before 5PM....:D Not to mention it includes soda, specialty coffees, water, fresh squeezed juice, etc.

It all depends on how much you plan on drinking per day. My hubby and I get it each time because when you add up how much we drink on both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (which it also covers) it's a no brainier - we easily end up spending over $100 day on each of us...but that's just us. Also, the package pays for the DIFFERENCE in price for drinks more than $13, so if you want to try a more expensive glass of wine that is $18 you would just pay $5 instead of the full $18 you would have to pay even if you had the classic.

Hope this helps, have fun on your cruise!

To each his own! I am also Elite Some of us start drinking before 5PM....:D Not to mention it includes soda, specialty coffees, water, fresh squeezed juice, etc.

Also some of us like to drink after 7pm.

No way could we drink enough outside the two hours of free booze to get enough value from that option particularly when both of us had to buy the package.

Good for you!

However, you should try to think outside your own little world. Might help to understand that people are different and unique.

I happen to enjoy not being restricted to a cruiseline "cocktail hour" to enjoy a drink. Or the masses that something for free draws. I'll partake of what I want when I want.

This is worth the pay-one-price package, whether it works out economically or not in the final analysis. To each his own.

There is no discount that I am aware of. Elite, Elite+, Concierge Class, Suite - doesn't matter.

Hi,

From the Celebrity website:

Elite Plus Member Benefits*

(750-2,999 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Elite membership plus:

• Complimentary 200-minute Internet package

• Complimentary tea, cappuccino, latte and espresso

• 10% discount on any Beverage or Wine Package‡

• 15% discount on any Specialty Restaurant‡

• Private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast

Access to a coffeehouse style breakfast and Evening Cocktail hour

• Invitation to the Elegant Tea event*

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)

• Two complimentary bags of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on all Celebrity cruises ***

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one item

• Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level

Hi,

From the Celebrity website:

Elite Plus Member Benefits*

(750-2,999 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Elite membership plus:

• Complimentary 200-minute Internet package

• Complimentary tea, cappuccino, latte and espresso

• 10% discount on any Beverage or Wine Package‡

• 15% discount on any Specialty Restaurant‡

• Private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast

Access to a coffeehouse style breakfast and Evening Cocktail hour

• Invitation to the Elegant Tea event*

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)

• Two complimentary bags of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on all Celebrity cruises ***

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one item

• Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level

Thanks for pointing that out! I'm only Elite - thus I was not aware of the discount. :)

For those of us who eat dinner at 8:30 or later, it doesn't make sense to get dressed for the evening so early to get to the Elite lounge (we wear swimwear or shorts in the daytime). We might make it there for the last few minutes once or twice during a cruise.

I had the Premium Package on Solstice from Auckland to Sydney in March14 and I believed it was excellent value.

A couple of nice coffees per day, fresh OJ at breakfast, a few beers at lunch a few more during the day/night and it would have soon added up to more than the cost per day for me.

My wife did not have as many as me (I only drink beer) but as her wines or bubbles or cocktails were more $$ per drink it was also good value for her as well.

It was also hassle free not having to sign for drinks in MDR, the barmen at Martini Bar remembered our room number, we didn't have to fumble in the dark during the shows to sign chits, just give the staff your card & they could not do enough for us.

Take the package, de-stress and its all taken care of.

Edited by dmccue
spelling

We love the packages, but realized after the first one that upgrading to Premium was an unnecessary expense for us. We primarily drink red wine and simple mixed drinks. We were delighted with the Classic package, and book Celebrity specifically because of this - especially when it's offered free in the 123Go deals. But we don't upgrade to premium anymore.

Edited by jkgourmet

Does anyone know??? My daughter is going to attempt becoming pregnant 2 mo before cruise. I realize this may never become an issue, but, will they let her drop out of drink pk and give her OBC instead if this happens. On the 123Go both have to have same pkg and I wondered if this would qualify as exception.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We booked premium drink packages on our forthcoming cruise on the Silhouette, it's a no brainier for us, we like our New Zealand wines and cocktails plus covers most martinis unlike the classic which only allows a choice of about six we have been told !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you wait till you're on board to upgrade, is it more expensive per day than if you did ahead of time, and can just one person upgrade to premium while on board. I had heard that you could upgrade at any time during cruising.

If you wait till you're on board to upgrade, is it more expensive per day than if you did ahead of time, and can just one person upgrade to premium while on board. I had heard that you could upgrade at any time during cruising.

No, it is not more expensive under the present pricing scheme. Only one can upgrade if you like. You have to upgrade when there are no less than 3 (?) days left I believe.

No, it is not more expensive under the present pricing scheme. Only one can upgrade if you like. You have to upgrade when there are no less than 3 (?) days left I believe.

Good to know, thank you. Too be honest, I'm glad I have this options. Looking forward to tasting whatever I want and not worrying if it's not too my liking. Thanks!!

How do you tip with one of the drink packages? Do you give the server cash with each drink-wait until the end of the cruise like the other tips-or put it on your Seapass? Thanks for any suggestions.

How do you tip with one of the drink packages? Do you give the server cash with each drink-wait until the end of the cruise like the other tips-or put it on your Seapass? Thanks for any suggestions.

a 15% gratuity is added to the cost (or included, not sure) either way you are prepaying the gratuity when you buy the package.

having said that i always keep some dollar bills to pass out to a good bartender or server.

Does anyone know??? My daughter is going to attempt becoming pregnant 2 mo before cruise. I realize this may never become an issue, but, will they let her drop out of drink pk and give her OBC instead if this happens. On the 123Go both have to have same pkg and I wondered if this would qualify as exception.

I would guess that everyone would need to switch. Probably no different than with a minor.