4K cabins on the Pride

xoxbear

Are the 4K the ones with the French Doors?

If so, we had one on the Legend last fall and we loved it! Lots of light and fresh air to let in, even if the view is obstructed.

Actually, the deck plans on the CCL website are very accurate for location and possible view.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

These are some of the best rooms on the Pride, especially if you can get one between the lifeboats. We'll worth the extra cost for the light and fresh air without upgrading to a balcony. Sometimes they drop the price to that of a regular IS room.

What do you think of the 4k cabins on the Pride? It is $100 difference for our family to upgrade from an inside to a 4k? What cabin numbers are the best 4k cabins?

We had a 4K on the Miracle, a sister ship. Our view was about as obstructed as it can get, but we still liked it a lot! Well worth $100. We paid about twice that extra. The room is clearly much larger, which was great for us, since there were 3 of us. And I got a sofabed instead of an upper, which was great for me.

There are a few that I know are between lifeboats: 4132, 4133, 4140, 4141, 4148, & 4149. 4196 & 4197 look to be between lifeboats. The most forward 2 spots between lifeboats, I can't tell for sure which rooms would be the ones. The 4 that are furthest back are modified cabins & have only a picture window, so that's 2 reasons that I would avoid those.

We had the inside obstructed view with french door 2 years ago B2B on the Legend and will also for our January cruise to Hawaii on the Miracle. Love those rooms & you can't beat the price, cheaper than an ocean view. Just try to pick one between the lifeboats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

What do you think of the 4k cabins on the Pride? It is $100 difference for our family to upgrade from an inside to a 4k? What cabin numbers are the best 4k cabins?

Not sure how many in your cabin, but $100 is well worth it. The rooms are great and we had plenty of room for our family of 4 on the Legend in one of these cabins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

we had 4196 on our Miracle cruise to Hawaii ...we had a pretty good view and the fresh air was great! we even propped the door open some nights to hear the ocean and get the fresh air.......

Marsha

we had 4196 on our Miracle cruise to Hawaii ...we had a pretty good view and the fresh air was great! we even propped the door open some nights to hear the ocean and get the fresh air.......

Marsha

Hi Marsha & Frank !

We certainly loved our 4K...too bad other ships don't have these cabins. Guess I'll stick to the Spirit class ships :)

Hope all is well with you both. Kathryn

OP:

Unfortunately, only the 2-person cabins have the views between the lifeboats. Here is a list;

3-person cabins: 4130, 4131, 4135, 4139.

4-person cabins: 4124, 4125, 4126, 4127, 4150, 4151, 4154, 4155, 4194, 4195.

Not sure how many are in your cabin...hope this helps.

Kathryn

I stayed in a 4k on the Pride a couple of years ago. It was nice to have the interior rate with the view out the ocean. The best cabins are the one's situated between the life boats otherwise you'll only see a life boat when looking out.

• 5 weeks later...

I had cabin 4140 on the pride last year. Look below in my signature for the review, I took several pictures of the cabin and the view in between the lifeboats. I am planning on sailing Pride again next year, so wanting to get another 4k cabin. Loved it!

I think for 100 more it would be worth it.

For one- you get a sofa. in an inside cabin you get two beds and two upper beds. the people in the bottom beds will be bumping heads as they are getting out of bed.

with the french door you will get natural light plus more space

book a cABIN BETWEEN lifeboats look at the deck plans.

not many of these cabins hold 4 people so move swiftly

I had a 4K , room 4132 on the Miracle this July. I was very happy with the room. especially the light in the room. 4132 is one that is between the life boats. Beware that they work on the lifeboats from time to time. At least twice while I was in my room I saw a worker outside my room.

Pat

Last year we booked 4112 on the Pride. I thought that even though the view was obstructed we would be able to tell between night and day from the ambient light, but in truth the lifeboat and promenade areas are lit at night making it difficult to tell whether it's dawn or dark.

Since you can upgrade cheaply from an inside I'd say go for it but I was missing my typical balcony.