My Next Question

I could post this on the RCI board but I thought I would check here first. I have a few questions actually.

Is there more than one group for each excursion from the ship? We have booked the GBR excursion in Airlie Beach, so is there more than one catamaran that RCI has headed to the reef? Our travel buddies have also booked this and we want to make sure we are with them if there is more than one.

The same question would apply to Jungle Train/Skyrail tour and the Hunter Valley Snapshot tour. Can we just call RCI and have them put us together? Do wait until we are on the ship and ask the excursion desk?

Thanks,

Teri

I could post this on the RCI board but I thought I would check here first. I have a few questions actually.

Is there more than one group for each excursion from the ship? We have booked the GBR excursion in Airlie Beach, so is there more than one catamaran that RCI has headed to the reef? Our travel buddies have also booked this and we want to make sure we are with them if there is more than one.

The same question would apply to Jungle Train/Skyrail tour and the Hunter Valley Snapshot tour. Can we just call RCI and have them put us together? Do wait until we are on the ship and ask the excursion desk?

Thanks,

Teri

I'm pretty sure that only one large catamaran does the GBR excursion from Airlie Beach. With the other two trips there could be a couple of different departure times. Check the tour time you have booked. If you are on the same departure time, turn up to the meeting point with your friends and you will be put on the same bus.

Enjoy your trip. :)

As mentioned by Austraveller, this is what they did for us at Airlie beach with one catermaran with 250+ people on it.:eek:

It may not hurt to check with RCI about the other excusions but if you have booked the same excursion it will be fine. As you meet in the Lounge prior to leaving the ship, it is fairly easy to be grouped together if you stay together.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

As mentioned by Austraveller, this is what they did for us at Airlie beach with one catermaran with 250+ people on it.:eek:

It may not hurt to check with RCI about the other excusions but if you have booked the same excursion it will be fine. As you meet in the Lounge prior to leaving the ship, it is fairly easy to be grouped together if you stay together.:D

Yeah done that also and works very well rccl have it set up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. On our previous cruises, we have arranged most of our own tours and excursions instead of booking through the cruise line. This trip it seemed more difficult to plan tours with the port times in each city. :D

Thanks,

Teri

As above, just stick together and you'll be fine. With the skyrail tour at least there'll likely be more than one group. However, allocation is not pre-arranged, and just assigned on the day. If you stay together when they group you, they'll make sure you're in the same group e.g. they might hold you back from a previous group to put you all in the next.