Method of credit when Oceania cancels shore excursions

Marketing Girl

O cancelled my culinary shore excursion (I wasn't even notified and learned of it by accident). I booked online weeks prior to sailing and paid by credit card.

Destination Services said I would be credited and said I should check when I got home. When I went to Reception to ask about my OBC balance, I discovered my shore excursion credit was made to my onboard credit. They said they couldn't refund it to my card. (And why not?)

Is that true? I don't want to spend that much on board, so do I get it refunded or do I lose it?

What is the experience of those whose excursions have been cancelled by the ship? Since this was a unique excursion, I have no intention of replacing it with another excursion nor shop on board just to spend the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You need to go back to the front desk and ask if the credited amount of your cancelled excursion is refundable as it should be. Then simply ask for the credit in cash and they should give you the cash right away.

Easy peasy!!!!!

Dave is correct; the Reception clerk only told you half of the story. the amount cannot be credited to your card (the ship does not have the authorization to issue credits), but that portion of your on board credit that is refundable (which, in your case, is the amount of the culinary excursion), will be refunded in cash. You don't have to spend it on board unless you want to.

go to the front desk...I think they get you to talk to Destination Services and they authorize the refund and YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK. After all you paid up front. Just put a little more time and effort in to it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it another try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't just give it a try, tell them what you want-after all they canceled the class so it's your money not "O"'s. If the clerk can't handle this ask to speak to the General Manager. don't take no for an answer.

Rick