Grand Princess OF category E101 - E121

Buddy604

Hey all. I booked my latest sailing as an OV obstructed guaranteed and got bumped up to an OF. Princess has dropped me into P108 or some such, but as I'm travelling with a buddy and we have requested twin beds, I've refused them since they are Queen bed only (not to mention the cabin is so tight there that one side of the queen is flush to the wall!)

The only other OFs are the far forward ocean views on Emerald deck which overlook the upper promenade deck. Does anyone have any comments/photos/warnings to share? Ideally, I like a cabin with the twin beds on the side wall and the desk and open space by the window - similar to the usual balcony layout. I know some E deck ocean views and obstructeds are laid out that way - I had one on the Golden some years back.

Any info offered would be mucho appreciated.

I had to read your question a couple times before it made sense (I was hindered by the absence of a cabin P108 on the Grand; perhaps you meant P208?). Anyway, I guess you're talking about preferring the beds not be on the window wall but on the side wall of the cabin? If I understand you correctly, then yes, Emerald-deck oceanview cabins do have the beds against the side wall if the cabin is for two only -- i.e., does not have berths for a third/fourth person. So, you'd need to look at only E118, E119, E120, and E121.

Or maybe you could even get "downgraded" to an OW, OY, or OZ on Emerald deck, which would also have beds against the side wall, as long as you selected one not rated for more than two passengers. There are lots of them, and many have perfectly fine views.

The views from the E100s are definitely obstructed by the solid steel railing lining the upper promenade, so you wouldn't be missing much view-wise to drop down a category.

Hope this helps a little.

We were in E101 on the Crown for our 2013 Western Caribbean cruise. Let me dig up some photos and get them posted.

The room was nice, pretty quiet, and right by a door to the upper promenade. That could be an issue for you though, as the cabin's window is on the promenade and passers by could look in to the cabin. We kept the curtains drawn and it wasn't a big deal for us. Just be aware of that.

Edited by MadMouser

We were in E101 on the Crown for our 2013 Western Caribbean cruise. Let me dig up some photos and get them posted.

The room was nice, pretty quiet, and right by a door to the upper promenade. That could be an issue for you though, as the cabin's window is on the promenade and passers by could look in to the cabin. We kept the curtains drawn and it wasn't a big deal for us. Just be aware of that.

Well, as an overweight guy, with a habit of sprawling unclad while relaxing, I think it would more to the peepers disadvantage than my own. :)

Might cut down on the lunch rush, though, as forks start loosing their appetite.

For the moment, I've grabbed E121, though I may drop down a category to OV and take a more mid-ship partially obstructed. Hoping that more opens up after the final payment date Saturday.

For the moment, I've grabbed E121, though I may drop down a category to OV and take a more mid-ship partially obstructed. Hoping that more opens up after the final payment date Saturday.

Excellent cabin with minimal obstruction. And no passengers walking by.

• 2 weeks later...

Just before final payment I ended up downgrading back to an OV and picking E415.

The view is hardly impacted, and the cabin is very close to the mid ships elevator stack - useful since I have some mobility issues (fat man with sciatica and gout!).

This time I tagged for meta upgrade only, so balcony or better. But I'll be content with what we have.

Not to mention the fare had changed just before final payment and by returning to OV, I saved us $360.00!

We just got off the Grand. My parents had E121, (they were upgraded from an obstructed room). It's about 10 doors from the end of the hallway, which has a door that will lead out to the deck. E121 is the beginning of the deck and has very little traffic in front of it. About 3 rooms down are the steps off the deck talking you to the lower level deck. The bed can be made into twins. We loved the location and the layout of the room. My Dad was able to sit at the window and look out and enjoy the view. And we were able to get out on the deck right near their room.

We just got off the Grand. My parents had E121, (they were upgraded from an obstructed room). It's about 10 doors from the end of the hallway, which has a door that will lead out to the deck. E121 is the beginning of the deck and has very little traffic in front of it. About 3 rooms down are the steps off the deck talking you to the lower level deck. The bed can be made into twins. We loved the location and the layout of the room. My Dad was able to sit at the window and look out and enjoy the view. And we were able to get out on the deck right near their room.

As I said in your other thread its a great location.