manicure service on oceania regatta

arl_nocaps

YIPES!

Donna

Donna that fee does not include the 18% tip. What I normally do is find a salon in one of the ports we are in. I bring my own tools. This past cruise, we found a few but would have had to wait 4 hours or so. No walk in like the States. Waited for one of the specials (LOL) on a port day. We were gone a total of 27 days and after all of the walking we did in Jerusalem and Cappadocia before the cruise, my poor feet needed the pampering.

Yes, I can imagine a major makeover for the feet after all that walking!

I usually have my mani/pedi done with my own polish which I bring along and touch up/re-do my fingernails, and touch up the toes myself. So far, I've been lucky to be able to do them, even on month-long trips.

A gel/shellac manicure is $90.00 before the 18% gratuity and if you want them to soak off your previous gel/shellac that is an additional $30.00 plus 18%. Talk about crazy...this certainly is. That being said, i had a spa credit on my last cruise in June and used it for this. Thankfully, the new shellac polish lasted a good 5 weeks. I choose a pale natural color so that you couldn't see where my nails had grown out. They did a great job, but it is way too expensive, especially the $30.00 fee for the soak off.!

Cenia

I really don't mind the pricing so much, it's a little higher than a good Spa at home. But I really don't care for the sell-up they keep pushing you to buy products or additional service.

They should stop the first time you say no, and let you enjoy your visit.

Rick

I agree with the upsell comment, it is annoying. If I decide to splurge and get a spa service on a cruise, I am aware I am paying more than I would at my regular places, but am usually doing it to treat myself, so am okay with it. What I don't like is for my treat to myself to be interrupted by pushing of salon products, even once I have declined, something I am not okay with. It is off putting enough to hinder me from booking appointments.

I have not used Canyon ranch services since they switched from the previous contractor

I did not find the other contractor (Steiner I think) to push products to up sell

But I agree if you say NO they should stop pushing

Lyn