Your Time Dining on Fantasy

velmasue

We are going on the Fantasy for the first time at the end of August with our 16 year-old grandson. We have cruised with several lines and I think this is our 20th cruise so we are not newbies. However, we have only done the My time (or Your Time) Dining on RCCL. We tried it once and didn't love it---we've always chosen late dining otherwise.

Since our grandson is going with us I was wondering if it may be better to have more flexibility in the dining times. He has cruised with us twice before when he was younger and it seemed the youth activities were scheduled more around the early diners. That may not be the case for the teen group?

Has anyone had the Your Time dining on Fantasy? Was it a good choice for you? What did you think were the pros and cons?

Thanks for any help.

We only choose ATD and have loved it every time! The waiters in the DR are awesome. On the first night, we were fortunate enough to be seated with an excellent group of waiters and assistant waiters. In fact, we requested the same table every night and had no problems getting it! By the 3rd day, as soon as they saw us enter the MDR, they would automatically start getting our drinks ready for us (the lady that took the bar order would have my husband's drink ready for him before he got settled in the seat - she had his favorite drink and cabin number memorized). On our next cruise (which is a large family cruise), we plan on doing ATD again. Wouldn't go any other route!

Thank you for the responses! Since Fantasy is a small ship I wasn't sure if they would be able to do as good a job in coordinating. Sounds like they do an even better job than the larger ships with the My Time Dining!

We have had hit or miss luck with the late dining. We don't mind being seated with other folks and it usually works out well. However, it is very awkward when you just don't have anything in common with your dinner partners. I think the My Time will give us a little more flexibility with our grandson along also. Definitely going to give it a try!

We've had ATD on the Fantasy twice and it was great.

We asked for Fernando thanks to someone on CC. He was fast, does tricks, was very funny, and the food was piping hot and he made the whole dining experience really fun. We were in and out in no time.

After trying ATD a few years ago, we've never gone back to early/late seating. We see the waiters singing & dancing even though we do ATD. Usually we show up at 6:00 or so.

We've had ATD on the Fantasy twice and it was great.

We asked for Fernando thanks to someone on CC. He was fast, does tricks, was very funny, and the food was piping hot and he made the whole dining experience really fun. We were in and out in no time.

After trying ATD a few years ago, we've never gone back to early/late seating. We see the waiters singing & dancing even though we do ATD. Usually we show up at 6:00 or so.

Thanks for the information about Fernando. My husband has made a note in his trusty notebook!

Thanks for the information about Fernando. My husband has made a note in his trusty notebook!

Hopefully he is still there. If you get him, be sure you tell him that you found his name on the internet. He loves that.

Have a great time. I love the Fantasy.