Towel animals on NCL

When my room steward introduces himself to me, I always ask that he NOT do towel animals. I'm sailing solo, I've seen them all, and to me it is a waste of resources and energy.

Darn if he doesn't listen to me, I come back to the cabin, and there it is atop the bed.

Maybe I should put my request in writing? In my mind, the only thing more useless on the cruise is the CD.

When my room steward introduces himself to me, I always ask that he NOT do towel animals. I'm sailing solo, I've seen them all, and to me it is a waste of resources and energy.

Darn if he doesn't listen to me, I come back to the cabin, and there it is atop the bed.

Maybe I should put my request in writing? In my mind, the only thing more useless on the cruise is the CD.

It's a towel...it takes them (stewards) a few moments to make them. Hardly a waste of resources and energy and really not worth getting wound up over. (i.e. putting a request to stop them in writing) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

In my mind, the only thing more useless on the cruise is the CD.

Well, at least I agree with you. These folks work hard enough than to have to make towel animals, and I have always directed my own cruise!

It's a towel...it takes them (stewards) a few moments to make them. Hardly a waste of resources and energy and really not worth getting wound up over. (i.e. putting a request to stop them in writing) :rolleyes:

Stewards have to haul extra towels, bring to each cabin, assemble the animal, pick up the discards, bring them to laundry, get washed, folded, and brought back to the cabins.

Now multiply this by 3,000. Just the savings in laundry alone.......

We always use the towel animal for an extra shower towel :)

Also our maids in Aruba and Cancun made us towel animals everyday on those trips, so don't think its cruise specific. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app