Cabin Guarantee questions

chris330r

Thats great!! but you know ( dont get your hopes up) it could change. I wont print my luggage tags and other documents until the day we leave... just in case :)

That's good to know, so we'll continue checking daily & hold off on the boarding passes until the night before. An upgrade would be fantastic, but if not, we're ok with what we got. :)

Booked an Ocean View guarantee on the Fascination a month ago, and just got our cabin assignment today. We were upgraded to a category 8B balcony on Upper Deck Aft, so apparently the Upgrade Fairy still lives!!

I'm baffled at how the process works. Is it really just luck of the draw and random? Or are there other factors at work?

We only booked a week ago so I wonder if those who booked OV guarantee before us get priority for the upgrades available.

Either way, we'll hardly be upset if we don't get one...we like where they put us so no worries!

I'm baffled at how the process works. Is it really just luck of the draw and random? Or are there other factors at work?

We only booked a week ago so I wonder if those who booked OV guarantee before us get priority for the upgrades available.

Either way, we'll hardly be upset if we don't get one...we like where they put us so no worries!

Have no idea how the process works. This will be our 34th Carnival cruise, and only the second free upgrade we have ever gotten, so it doesn't happen often. We've also only gotten two calls from the Upsell Fairy, and we declined both.

Edited by Jamman54

Thats great!! but you know ( dont get your hopes up) it could change. I wont print my luggage tags and other documents until the day we leave... just in case :)

A friend of mine who cruised, and just returned this week booked a guarantee cabin. Her cabin was assigned at the 30 day mark, and a week before the cruise she printed out her boarding documents and luggage tags, and her room assignment has changed to a balcony on the Lido deck, which is what she was hoping for.

A friend of mine who cruised, and just returned this week booked a guarantee cabin. Her cabin was assigned at the 30 day mark, and a week before the cruise she printed out her boarding documents and luggage tags, and her room assignment has changed to a balcony on the Lido deck, which is what she was hoping for.

I'm guessing the original cabin guarantee was OV?

as i said early i would rather be on the other side of the ship, so i had called carnival (last week) and asked to be put back in the pack and go rate pool, which they normally would have said " no can do" but they did. I got my cabin assigned to day :D :D very happy with it now woohoooo :p

Got my balcony guarantee assignment this morning - 8221 on the Pride, which is an extended balcony - yay! It's right under the buffet area on the lido deck, but we're all very sound sleepers, so we're pretty thrilled. Of course, we usually tent camp for our vacations, so anything would have been wonderful :)

It all somehow seems so real now we have somewhere to sleep!