Cabin Guarantee questions

chris330r

We finally booked and paid in full today for our 8/24 Sensation OV Guarantee.

What's the general time frame when we can find out our cabin location? Is it at the port when checking in or sooner?

And how do you find out? Does carnival e mail you or do you have to keep checking your booking page?

There really doesn't seem to be a firm answer for this question. Carnival assigns guaranteed rooms when they get around to it. Usually it's a few weeks before sailing. I found mine by checking my booking frequently. I don't remember getting an email. With all the 'specials' they've been running in the last year, it's been cheaper for me to pick my own room so my information is a year old. I hope someone who has had a guaranteed room recently can give you a better idea. Regardless, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

Thank you pungo3. This was a spur of the moment booking so we're exited enough just to be on a ship in 38 days instead of having to wait all the way till March for our Breeze cruise.

And this is our first cruise since 2005 so we'll certainly be happy as a clam wherever we end up, but I just hate the anticipation that comes with waiting to find out...so i'll be checking my booking page daily now, and see what others weigh in on it...:)

Congratulations on your last minute cruise!!!!! I agree with you, I'm happy anywhere on the ship. I hope you get a fabulous cabin assigned to you. It sure beats staying at home and working.:D:D:D

anxiously awaiting my assigned cabin also :p

I noticed you are going on the Victory and have been once before. I've read some information saying the ship is in rough shape. I am considering booking a cabin balcony for late October. Can you comment?

Thank you pungo3. This was a spur of the moment booking so we're exited enough just to be on a ship in 38 days instead of having to wait all the way till March for our Breeze cruise.

And this is our first cruise since 2005 so we'll certainly be happy as a clam wherever we end up, but I just hate the anticipation that comes with waiting to find out...so i'll be checking my booking page daily now, and see what others weigh in on it...:)

We booked on Fri. 7-4 for that Sunday on the Legend ( pack & go ) nothing on our booking Sunday morning so I called the 800 number & just ask the kid who answered & he gave us our cabin number. Got a nice upgrade for waiting. Ofcourse couldn't book anything but Pack & Go that late.

Have a nice time & like I told everyone just think Christmas Eve with a big box under the tree with your name on it.

Char

We booked on Fri. 7-4 for that Sunday on the Legend ( pack & go ) nothing on our booking Sunday morning so I called the 800 number & just ask the kid who answered & he gave us our cabin number. Got a nice upgrade for waiting. Ofcourse couldn't book anything but Pack & Go that late.

Have a nice time & like I told everyone just think Christmas Eve with a big box under the tree with your name on it.

Char

What a perfect way to describe it. I love that!

I noticed you are going on the Victory and have been once before. I've read some information saying the ship is in rough shape. I am considering booking a cabin balcony for late October. Can you comment?

We found the ship to be in good shape, if I didn't have a good time and enjoy myself I wouldn't have booked it again:p. We don't look for the flaws doesn't bother me if the carpets and paint isn't perfect.

We booked a courtesy hold for 3 in an OV on a Fantasy cruise for a guarantee and the reminder email the next morning included the assigned cabin number---which we were very pleased with. So we booked the cruise, leaving Aug 23. Wish that could happen every time!

Booked 2 guarantee cabins last Thursday, and by Monday one had gotten a room assignment, and Tuesday the 2nd was there. I didn't get any email, I just checked once a day and saw it myself but my PVP did call me to notify me of the 2nd cabin assignment. We were 3 weeks out.

Edited by aeshaunua

Just got our cabin assignment today, not too bad of location, would have preferred the other side of the ship but oh well. :p We are mid ship upper deck.

How did you find out? I'm checking the "Manage my Booking" section of the Carnival website & then clicking "cruise details"....yet still keeps saying "to be assigned". :(

Friday will be the 30 day mark, so I'm hoping it shows up by then like others have seen.

Thats how i found out, i just kept checking a couple times a day, of course we were gone since yesterday morning so first thing i did when i got home was check and see if it was assigned and it was :D so im not sure if it was assigned on day 30 or 29:rolleyes:

Thats how i found out, i just kept checking a couple times a day, of course we were gone since yesterday morning so first thing i did when i got home was check and see if it was assigned and it was :D so im not sure if it was assigned on day 30 or 29:rolleyes:

Thanks...i'll probably be checking 10X/day...but it builds up the anticipation and whatever we get we'll be happy with. :)

Just got our cabin assignment!! Yay....we're 33 days out and it wasn't showing this morning but it suddenly appeared in the booking around 1pm.

No upgrades....got OV cabin M43....but we're very happy with it! :)

Just got our cabin assignment!! Yay....we're 33 days out and it wasn't showing this morning but it suddenly appeared in the booking around 1pm.

No upgrades....got OV cabin M43....but we're very happy with it! :)

Thats great!! but you know ( dont get your hopes up) it could change. I wont print my luggage tags and other documents until the day we leave... just in case :)

Booked an Ocean View guarantee on the Fascination a month ago, and just got our cabin assignment today. We were upgraded to a category 8B balcony on Upper Deck Aft, so apparently the Upgrade Fairy still lives!!