Alcohol on zaandam

jascom

Can we take our own liquor on board? and how much?

thank you

You just started another thread where you asked this question and I answered it.

One bottle of wine per person.

No other alcohol other than wine can be taken aboard.

I'll add to my other answer and say you can prepurchase bottles of liquor from Hal and they will be in your cabin.

Edited by NMLady

From HAL's site:

Revised Policy effective 1/31/14

Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. This bottle will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) in carry-on luggage are welcome, but will incur a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard. Holland America Line reserves the right to remove all alcoholic beverages from any guest luggage that violates this policy. Any alcoholic beverage found will be removed and returned on the last evening of the voyage. Guests will not receive any monetary compensation for alcoholic beverages that were removed from luggage.

Wine and champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) purchased in ports of call are welcome to be brought onboard subject to a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Alternatively guests can choose to have these bottles stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge.

All other alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls as well as all alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge.

In-Room Dining offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages (a 15% Service Charge on all beverage items and packages with beverages will be added).

Updated: 01/30/2014

You can each take one bottle of wine.

This answer is incomplete, and therefore misleading.

Every adult can bring aboard as much wine as they can carry on themselves. This is true at both embarkation and every port.

One 750 ml bottle per adult is free of corkage charge at embarkation only. Every other bottle, regardless of where it is consumed, has a corkage charge of $18.

If the "free" bottle is brought to a public area for consumption, then it will also incur an $18 beverage charge.

If you don't want to pay the corkage, the wine can be stored and returned to you the last night of the cruise.

That no hard liquor may be brought aboard is correct.

Hang on, let me put on my flame retardant jumpsuit...OK.

Ruth gave you the correct answer. However, you can pack a bottle of whatever you want in your check through luggage and I can almost guarantee it will find its way to your cabin. Pack it carefully. I have done this with my favorite bottle of Scotch on every HAL cruise I've been on and have never had a problem. Please know it is against the rules and you certainly do run the risk of having it confiscated for the duration of your cruise, among other risks.

That said, its much easier to order a bottle of something through Ship Services and it will be waiting in your cabin when you get there. You can also order a bottle from room service or buy one at any bar on the ship. The prices are sensible, its free of any risk and you wont be breaking any of the sacred rules. Provided they can sell you what you want.

Flame on! :D

And, remember, as it states in the first line of the policy, you've got to have your bottle of wine/champagne with you when your check-in and board--it can't be in the luggage you give to the porters.

This answer is incomplete, and therefore misleading.

Every adult can bring aboard as much wine as they can carry on themselves. This is true at both embarkation and every port.

One 750 ml bottle per adult is free of corkage charge at embarkation only. Every other bottle, regardless of where it is consumed, has a corkage charge of $18.

If the "free" bottle is brought to a public area for consumption, then it will also incur an $18 beverage charge.

If you don't want to pay the corkage, the wine can be stored and returned to you the last night of the cruise.

That no hard liquor may be brought aboard is correct.

Thank you, Ruth, for giving a nicely complete answer.