Lavazza Questions...

jfried8

For the Haven Suites...

What kind of coffee / tea drinks can you make?

Cappuccino? Lates?

Do they give you milk/cream?

Can you make hot chocolate?

How's the taste compare to Starbucks?

Is it easy to use?

Does anyone have the model number of the machine they use?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks ya'll!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The machines use pods that you just drop in. Push a button and stop when your cup is full. Enjoy.

They have several kinds of coffee and tea in your suite and the butler takes note of what you are using and replenishes what you are using. They will also bring you milk, cream or half and half to your fridge for your coffee if you ask. Otherwise they have the little containers of half and half there by the machine to use and sweetners.

Easy Peasy

You can absolutely make lattes (our butler showed us how to steam the milk) or use the hot water to make hot chocolate. We take Starbucks flavoring (vanilla for me, dolce for DH) with us and the result is pretty much a Starbucks quality drink if DH is on his game - LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by puddles99

The Lavazza machine is super easy to use. We had our Butler clear out the mini bar and restock it with milk. You can also ask for chocolate milk to make a mocha. There is regular or decaf and tea. We prefer Peets so we like a stronger cup of coffee. We just used two of the pods on a lower setting to make a stronger cup. It was truly the highlight of our cruise being able to make a latte anytime of the day and on top of it all it was free...well I guess that's kind of relatives since we did pay for the suite. ;)

The machine is very easy to use, but we're very basic coffee drinkers. Just bring regular and decaf and some little containers of half and half and we're good to go.

We have asked for extra cups at times because we have guests and they keep us supplied with extra cups and extra pods, no problem, and no need to ask a second time.

• 3 weeks later...
The machines use pods that you just drop in. Push a button and stop when your cup is full. Enjoy.

They have several kinds of coffee and tea in your suite and the butler takes note of what you are using and replenishes what you are using. They will also bring you milk' date=' cream or half and half to your fridge for your coffee if you ask. Otherwise they have the little containers of half and half there by the machine to use and sweetners.

Easy Peasy [/size']

Do you know if the pods are the same size as k cups? I'd like to bring some Earl Grey tea k cups if they'll work.

I just returned from the Gem yesterday. I had a difficult time getting enough regular coffee pods for my machine. The butler told me that all of thebutlers had to share one box of pods and that they were not authorized to take another box. He did bring one or two pods each day but I would have liked more. I have never experienced this before on a cruise. He seemed so sweet and sincere that I did not want to complain for fear of somehow getting him in trouble. I know that I should have and probably would have mentioned it to the concierge had I ever met her, but she was non existant for us on this cruise. We ate breakfast and lunch every day in Cagneys and she was never there or in the Star bar. We had Carlos until Florida and then Virginia supposedly took over. Never did see her.

The two times I have used the machine I found the coffee too strong/bitter even with more water. When I asked for different types of coffee (light or medium brew) I was told they only had the regular and decaf. So we made tea once in awhile and I got coffee elsewhere. I prefer my Keurig!

The two times I have used the machine I found the coffee too strong/bitter even with more water. When I asked for different types of coffee (light or medium brew) I was told they only had the regular and decaf. So we made tea once in awhile and I got coffee elsewhere. I prefer my Keurig!

So the only coffee choices are regular or decaf? No other options as far as bold or mild?

So the only coffee choices are regular or decaf? No other options as far as bold or mild?

I specifically asked for different coffee options and our butler was surprised and said, "you don't like that?" I said it was too bitter and she said that was all they had. Maybe others have had different experiences. On our next cruise I saw the same selections, so I didn't even ask.

The pods are an espresso type coffee. I would bring coffee back from the buffet (getting it from the machines with coffee beans on the top...those are fresh brew machines), and add a shot of the pod espresso to my coffee - making it perfect for me. The espresso straight is strong for lots of people, but better diluted with regular coffee.

i never did get a cup of coffee that I liked, so I asked the butler to bring me a reg. coffee pot. I had brought some of my favorite flavored coffee and just used that....every time I used it, the butler cleaned it out and refilled it so all I had to do is add coffee and turn it on...;)

The Lavazza is an espresso machine, not a coffee maker in the sense that we here in the United States use the term. As such, the Lavazza is designed to make a very small amount of extremely strong and bitter coffee, usually drunk with large amounts of sugar stirred in, and in the mornings, with cream or milk.

There are all kinds of tricks you can use to make a larger, less bold cup of coffee, but you're still using a shot of espresso as the base.

For those that want coffee more in the style we are accustomed to here in the U.S., I'd suggest just asking the butler to bring you a pot of the wonderful French Press coffee (as served in Cagney's). Or, if you want milder coffee than that, you could ask for coffee the way it's served in the MDR's - which is basically out of the same machines you see in the Buffet.

I just returned from the Gem yesterday. I had a difficult time getting enough regular coffee pods for my machine. The butler told me that all of thebutlers had to share one box of pods and that they were not authorized to take another box. He did bring one or two pods each day but I would have liked more. I have never experienced this before on a cruise. He seemed so sweet and sincere that I did not want to complain for fear of somehow getting him in trouble. I know that I should have and probably would have mentioned it to the concierge had I ever met her, but she was non existant for us on this cruise. We ate breakfast and lunch every day in Cagneys and she was never there or in the Star bar. We had Carlos until Florida and then Virginia supposedly took over. Never did see her.

This seems unusual to me and I hope not a new policy. One of the "advertised" perks of a suite is the Lavazza coffee machine. One or two pods a day isn't even enough for breakfast ;)

That has not been my experience on any NCL cruise. I always make it a point, when meeting the butler at the start of the cruise, to tell him I'm a major coffee drinker, drink it all through the day, and that I'd like there to be plenty of regular espresso pods on hand, and a constant stock of creamer pods or a small pitcher of half & half in the fridge.

I have never been disappointed, by any butler on any of the cruises we've taken, so this seems very odd. But if you didn't get satisfaction from the butler on this simple thing, I'd say you should have taken it up with the concierge. If you can't find the concierge, then ask to speak to the hotel director, for whom both the concierge and the butler work.

That has not been my experience on any NCL cruise. I always make it a point, when meeting the butler at the start of the cruise, to tell him I'm a major coffee drinker, drink it all through the day, and that I'd like there to be plenty of regular espresso pods on hand, and a constant stock of creamer pods or a small pitcher of half & half in the fridge.

I have never been disappointed, by any butler on any of the cruises we've taken, so this seems very odd. But if you didn't get satisfaction from the butler on this simple thing, I'd say you should have taken it up with the concierge. If you can't find the concierge, then ask to speak to the hotel director, for whom both the concierge and the butler work.

Could have written this post myself :) We've never had a problem in the past getting a variety and sufficient number of pods. If it is a problem on our POA cruise in October we'll follow your advice.

LOL, now wondering if the stern 2 bedroom suites on POA have a lavazza machine. If not, back to ordering room service coffee along with chocolate croissants as a prebreakfast starter.

I only drink Earl Grey tea, no coffee. Our butler brought us about 5 pods/day so no worries.

Wonderful! Thanks for the information. My husband likes to start his day with 2 espressos, but I grew up drinking tea and cannot get off to a good start without it :).