boarding phone message

littletilly

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help? Going to Alaska on Solstice on July 25th - got a recorded message yesterday by phone with boarding times by deck. Wondering if these times are strictly enforced? If we go earlier then allotted time will we be turned away? We have no priority boarding. Thanks for your help!

You probably will be fine. They are trying to spread out boarding times to keep passengers from experiencing long lines, especially in ports where the waiting areas aren't adequately large to handle lots of people, or where lines have been unusually long

You probably will be fine. They are trying to spread out boarding times to keep passengers from experiencing long lines, especially in ports where the waiting areas aren't adequately large to handle lots of people, or where lines have been unusually long

Thanks for the quick reply! Just wondering if anyone had tested this boarding process recently.

I have never heard of Celebrity using this method. Has anyone else experienced it? I understand trying to smooth the process but as many hotels have early check out times I could see this as problematic for the many of us who come in a day or two early. It also does not seem fair as to some, every minute on the ship is valuable and they would rather risk standing in long lines to maximize time on board than board later.

Curious also if this is strictly by floor, or also by Captains Club level and/or room category. Somehow I just can't see them telling someone in an upper level suite sorry, you can't board until 3:00 pm but Sally in an inside room on the 3rd floor can board at 11:00 am.

I got this same message yesterday for our slacks cruise leaving today. They did add information for suites, elite status and so e other special categories. We were told they could board anytime between 11 and 3:30. But my son, Who is traveling with us on a separate reservation did not get any message.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help? Going to Alaska on Solstice on July 25th - got a recorded message yesterday by phone with boarding times by deck. Wondering if these times are strictly enforced? If we go earlier then allotted time will we be turned away? We have no priority boarding. Thanks for your help!

Hi: We are on the same cruise with you. Join our roll call!

Did not receive any message at all.

We are AQ and Elite plus

Wondering why we didn't receive it.

Anyway -- ONE MORE Week!

Jennie

It's been done in Southampton where road construction near the port caused the cruise lines to try to find ways to spread out the boarding process, since the terminal isn't large enough to hold everyone if they all come early. It isn't shard and fast rule, they won't turn you away if you don't come at your assigned time, but for those who are more flexible it's a way to avoid standing in long lines or getting stuck in traffic.

My wife rec'd the message on her cell phone but I did not get a message on mine.

Which is odd because the reservation lists MY cell phone number for my wife and NO cell phone number for me. I can't find HER cell phone number anywhere in the reservation....

Impressive....:)