TA messed up 123 go promotion

Tudorcruisers

I use an online TA that only does cruises and only communicates via email. They are incredibly efficient and helpful and respond within minutes to all queries. Another bonus - because all communication is done via email I have a paper trail on every conversation. I've never had a problem but, if a situation like this cropped up, I'd have dated records of everything any party said.

I use an online TA that only does cruises and only communicates via email. They are incredibly efficient and helpful and respond within minutes to all queries. Another bonus - because all communication is done via email I have a paper trail on every conversation. I've never had a problem but, if a situation like this cropped up, I'd have dated records of everything any party said.

I'm the same so I have all my e-mails which is perfect now this has happened.

Good luck. I'm half Irish (top half, above the waist) so I know the importance of the drinks package. ;)

Seriously, you should be able to say to Celebrity: "You can see that I'm from Ireland, right? Do you really think I'd pick the gratuities?"

(Let me apologize in advance to any gentle souls who were offended by my joke, based as it was on the absurd stereotype that the great people of Ireland have been known to partake in a bit more than a wee dram here or there. I also may have made a belittling reference to the endowments of male descendants of Ireland that was sweeping, stereotypical and wholly unfair. I meant no offense and I apologize profusely, profoundly and sincerely to anyone - and any members of their family or circle of friends - who may have found my attempts at humor hurtful. I am terribly, terribly sorry.)

I'm the same so I have all my e-mails which is perfect now this has happened.

One thing you can do is tell your TA that you want a three way call between the TA, Celebrity Resolutions and yourself. That way you are involved in the conversation with the cruise line. Some TA's don't like to do this but I have done this in the past with other cruise lines when my TA made a mistake and did not want to correct. One reason that I no longer use a TA.

Hopefully your email to Celebrity will correct this for you so you don't have to go further. Good luck.

Edited by cruisingator2

You could look at your edocs pdf online on page 8 and it will confirm the package you have.

Page 8 of our edocs for the same cruise as the OP show the luggage tags. No mention of included perks anywhere on them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good luck. I'm half Irish (top half, above the waist) so I know the importance of the drinks package. ;)

Seriously, you should be able to say to Celebrity: "You can see that I'm from Ireland, right? Do you really think I'd pick the gratuities?"

(Let me apologize in advance to any gentle souls who were offended by my joke, based as it was on the absurd stereotype that the great people of Ireland have been known to partake in a bit more than a wee dram here or there. I also may have made a belittling reference to the endowments of male descendants of Ireland that was sweeping, stereotypical and wholly unfair. I meant no offense and I apologize profusely, profoundly and sincerely to anyone - and any members of their family or circle of friends - who may have found my attempts at humor hurtful. I am terribly, terribly sorry.)

Brilliant - love it. No word from celebrity as yet, each time phone rings I'm rushing to answer :)

We had a similar issue, I booked a cruise for 3 couples all on the same day and only 2 reservations had the beverage package applied.

When I called them about the problem I had my documentation lined up and was all set to be stern and insistent and they acknowledged their mistake and applied the beverage package with a note that since it was their mistake they were paying for it not Celebrity.

It would be awesome if Celebrity retroactively makes the change but the one who should be fixing it is your TA. You requested one thing and they delivered something else and if Celebrity does not apply the change your TA should definitely be purchasing it for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Celebrity. A very pleasant member of staff telephoned me today to say drinks package has been sorted. I am so pleased T how this issue has been resolved. Two very happy Celebrity customers.

It is so nice to know that Celebrity came through for you. It shows they really respect cruise critic members. Hope you have a fabulous 25th. Enjoy!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Celebrity. A very pleasant member of staff telephoned me today to say drinks package has been sorted. I am so pleased T how this issue has been resolved. Two very happy Celebrity customers.

Glad that Celebrity worked it out for you.

That is freaking awesome. Well done X and I'm very happy you got it.

Congrats on getting this sorted out and so nice to hear that Celebrity did the right thing on this - although if it was the TA's mistake then they certainly didn't have to fix that - this type of thing is what keep us loyal to X. I've recently had two great customer service interactions with Celebrity and both times they have gone above my expectations.

Notably - I booked C1 directly with X for a 14 night British Isles cruise. The person offered me the C1 at a C2 price as a Captain's Club perk. When my sister went to book her C1 she asked for the same deal - only to be told it didn't apply to a C1. So I checked around - found out she was correct and not wishing to get bumped out of my cabin (side by sides on the aft) - and being an honest person - I called Celebrity and turned myself in.

WOW - was I shocked - after talking to someone in resolutions and their manager - they acknowledged the mistake by their agent and insisted that I keep the C1 for the price I booked it at. I was worried about getting their agent in trouble and they assured me that they wouldn't be but that further training was in order. That is great customer service in my book!

Edited by Jane2357

Tudorcruisers ~ I am so happy to read that your situation has been resolved. Such great news. Wishing you a very HAPPY Anniversary and wonderful cruise.

I really do think that for the most part, companies like Celebrity want to do the right thing and help customers out. They really do want us to come back and sail with them again.

Jane 2357 ~ kudos to you for telling the truth. I'm a believer that in the long run, it really does pay to tell the truth...and you feel better about it (at least I always do).

Happy cruising to both of you!!!

....and a special thanks to Celebrity for showing you care! It means a lot!

Just as a client is the TA's customer the TA is the Cruise Lines customer.

It sucks if the Cruise line told the TA they wouldn't change it to help out the end user-Cruiser, yet they would do it for the Client when the Client reached out to the Cruise line.

At the end of the day, its great that X did right by their cruiser!