? problem with All Around Italy tour

snookie1

My husband and I are going on an Eastern Med cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette Sept 23-Oct 4, 2014. We will be spending a coupel of days post-cruise in Rome. We arranged last July for a tour with All Around Italy on the day we disembark. (this company received accolades in both cruise critic and tripadvisor). I e-mailed to reconfirm 2 weeks ago, and the e-mail I received in return has me concerned. First, it says pick-up is at the Leonardo da Vinci Hotel AT THE AIRPORT. Our hotel is mid-city (it is the Jolly Leonardo da Vinci -- anyone stayed there?). Secondly, they said the cost of the tour (Castelli Romani) "tour and transfer" is now 480euro (the price quoted to us last July and reconfirmed in January was 380 euros). Can they raise the price 100 euros like that despite our earlier confirmation?? I have not received a return e-mail to clarify; I just wrote another tonight. Just asking for clarification, not making any accusations. What do you think??

Sounds shaky. I would e mail back the original confirmation, showing the lower price (which, by the way, is a very low price) and confirm they are not honoring it. Also, asking about the pick up and drop off locations. It may be a bit of a translation problem (for the pickup/drop off location). If they stick to the higher price....a tough decision for you, but on principle, I think I would cancel their service. Finding an alternative full tour might be a problem at this point, but getting from the airport to your hotel, walking/touring, and getting to the port can be set up pretty quickly.

My husband and I are going on an Eastern Med cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette Sept 23-Oct 4, 2014. We will be spending a coupel of days post-cruise in Rome. We arranged last July for a tour with All Around Italy on the day we disembark. (this company received accolades in both cruise critic and tripadvisor). I e-mailed to reconfirm 2 weeks ago, and the e-mail I received in return has me concerned. First, it says pick-up is at the Leonardo da Vinci Hotel AT THE AIRPORT. Our hotel is mid-city (it is the Jolly Leonardo da Vinci -- anyone stayed there?). Secondly, they said the cost of the tour (Castelli Romani) "tour and transfer" is now 480euro (the price quoted to us last July and reconfirmed in January was 380 euros). Can they raise the price 100 euros like that despite our earlier confirmation?? I have not received a return e-mail to clarify; I just wrote another tonight. Just asking for clarification, not making any accusations. What do you think??

I do think the first item is just a human mistake.

If they didn't tell you that rates are subject to change (sometimes when we book private tours a year out and if they go into the following calendar year a tour operator might say here is the current price but new price is subject to change) but if they didn't say that then you have two choices. One is to push back and forward them your e mail with the original price asking that they honor that price or find another tour company.

The price increase is quite high even if it was just that 2014 pricing changed.

If this was me, depending on their response I would quickly see if there are other options available. There are a lot of good companies in Rome so you could check with a few of them about pricing and availability.

Keith

Thank you all for your advice. I did receive a return e-mail from All Around Italy. They say they sent a confirmation earlier, which I obviously did not receive, and clarification that the 480 euros was for the tour plus the transfer from the ship; they were not sure if we needed the transfer or not. Since our transfers were included as part of our post-cruise stay at the hotel, we will only need the tour, and they have confirmed that the cost of that remains 380 euros. So all is well. Thank you again!

Thank you all for your advice. I did receive a return e-mail from All Around Italy. They say they sent a confirmation earlier, which I obviously did not receive, and clarification that the 480 euros was for the tour plus the transfer from the ship; they were not sure if we needed the transfer or not. Since our transfers were included as part of our post-cruise stay at the hotel, we will only need the tour, and they have confirmed that the cost of that remains 380 euros. So all is well. Thank you again!

Glad to hear that! I've been in contact with them for our Rome tour in September and they have been very responsive and so far great to work with. Enjoy your tour!

I just returned from Italy and we used All Around Italy for 3 of our different days of travel in different cities including Rome. THEY WERE OUTSTANDING !!!... I am happy that Mary and probably Fabrizio were able to get the situation figured out. They had been more than helpful for us during our travels. My wife and I have used lots of different tour companies...and as far as we are concerned there were none any better.

Enjoy your trip !!!