Solstice compared with Millenium class

Pushka

First, RIP to those people who were killed onboard Malaysian airlines in that evil act.

My query relates to the various ship classes. Having just disembarked from the Equinox we are looking at an Alaskan cruise. Pretty much hooked on Celebrity so am thinking of cruising on Millenium class now as we don't want to start in Seattle on Solstice. Having loved the Equinox more than we thought we would, will we be somewhat disappointed with Millenium?.

Edited by Pushka
x

First, RIP to those people who were killed onboard Malaysian airlines in that evil act.

My query relates to the various ship classes. Having just disembarked from the Equinox we are looking at an Alaskan cruise. Pretty much hooked on Celebrity so am thinking of cruising on Millenium class now as we don't want to start in Seattle on Solstice. Having loved the Equinox more than we thought we would, will we be somewhat disappointed with Millenium?.

We cruised on Millenium last year having cruised on Solstice the year before. I must admit when we first boarded we were a bit disappointed as she was a little bit the worse for wear in a couple of places and didn't have things like the lawn and glass show but having said that once we had been on for a little while we didn't notice things that weren't as good as the Solstice and started noticing things that were better. The things like food, lack of announcements, smoking policy, service etc are the same. We board her again next month for our Alaskan cruise and are looking forward to it immensely. Hopefully we can spend a bit of time in the thalassotherapy pool. Any cruise is great and having tried a couple of different lines Celebrity is our favourite.

I've sailed the Century (1x), the Millennium (2x), and once on an S-Class ship. It's been a while since I've sailed on an M-Class ship, but will be on the Constellation in November. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time, probably more than usual, because the ship size is smaller and the decor is not as modern as the S-Class ships. The M-Class ships are so beautiful and classy in their own unique way, especially the specialty restaurant similar to Murano on S-Class ships. You won't miss any differences as you excitedly explore your new ship.

Enjoy your next cruise!

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

By cruising on the Millennium instead of Solstice, you get to sail the inside passage. That says it all. It's so scenic compared to the open sea where Solstice sails. We have spent more time on Millennium than any other Celebrity ship. The concierge cabins are bigger than on S class. Others have mentioned the T pool.

We can't say for sure if you will be disappointed or not, as we don't know what matters most to you in a cruise. Many of us (I am one) prefer the M class, even though we love the S class ships as well. Love love love the T-pool, much prefer the size, much prefer the design overall, etc.. If you go veranda at a category less than CC you will find the room a bit smaller, but not much. Bathrooms not as nice, but closets and storage for rooms AQ/CC or below better than on S class (do not have personal knowledge of SS or above). M class ships are older and it shows, but overall Celebrity does an excellent job of maintaining their ships. Sailed to Alaska twice on M class before S even existed and they were both two of my favorite cruises (and I have 30+ under my belt)

I'd advise booking based on itinerary, not ship.

We just got off the Solstice on Friday. This was our do-over cruise after being on the Millennium when it broke down in Ketchikan last year. The Solstice is only 6 yrs old and definitely has a more upscale feel than the Millennium. I did greatly miss the solarium T pool on the Millennium however - it is far and away better than the one on the Solstice.

We had 7199 (corner family verandah) on the Millennium and 9237 on Solstice (A1 - first cabin on the aft side of the hump with oversized balcony). Both great rooms, though we'll never be able to beat the incredible balcony that comes with the corner aft family rooms on the M class. The cabin bathroom was much better on Solstice.

While I still think the Millennium itinerary was more desirable, WE were not really interested in setting foot on the Millennium again. Also, we did see more wildlife in the day and a half on the Millennium last year than we did the entire week on Solstice. Happy planning, whatever you choose!