Scales to weigh myself on Azura?

Wwalbers

Sounds a bizarre question ( and I suppose it is) but is there any way of weighing myself on Azura? I have seriously dieted for this holiday and have currently lost circa 4 stone. having paid a lot for the holiday I fully intend to enjoy myself, but also want to keep an eye on my progress so I don't put too much weight on, and want to keep within my personal targets. Doers anyone know if there are scales on the ship? I seem to remember that there may have been some in the gym on Ventura but not sure.

Any help gratefully received.

Very well done on the diet!!

They do usually have scales in the gyms, but surely your holiday is a time to enjoy yourself rather than fretting about every pound. I have managed to lose weight on a cruise. Every dinner menu has a healthy option, use the stairs instead of lifts and the extra amount of walking anyway (rather than sitting at my desk in an office) usually does the trick without me checking all the time.

Also - beware, that it is very common to have swollen feet on ships - due to a number of reasons - salt air, extra salt in food etc. and that alone will make you weigh more.

Edited by Host Sharon

Sounds a bizarre question ( and I suppose it is) but is there any way of weighing myself on Azura? I have seriously dieted for this holiday and have currently lost circa 4 stone. having paid a lot for the holiday I fully intend to enjoy myself, but also want to keep an eye on my progress so I don't put too much weight on, and want to keep within my personal targets. Doers anyone know if there are scales on the ship? I seem to remember that there may have been some in the gym on Ventura but not sure.

Any help gratefully received.

Yes you can visit the gym as often as you like on Azura to weigh yourself.

Congratulations on your loss of 4 stone.

Noooooo, dont do it. Before our last cruise in May I lost three stone. I made a point of enjoying my hard earned holiday not worrying about what I ate or drank. Ok I put 6 pounds on but its gone now. The alternative is to check your weight onboard and miss out on some of the lovely food you are on holiday to enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too will be checking my weight whilst away, I am all for enjoying myself, but everyone is different. I have been battling with my weight for years and I now know that if I let go on my holidays that it will then be a downward slide from then on, it has happened in the past but no more.

Have a fab time and congratulations on your weight loss.

Do whatever YOU feel is right for you :)

I too will be checking my weight whilst away, I am all for enjoying myself, but everyone is different. I have been battling with my weight for years and I now know that if I let go on my holidays that it will then be a downward slide from then on, it has happened in the past but no more.

Have a fab time and congratulations on your weight loss.

Do whatever YOU feel is right for you :)

I look back at holidays where I watched my weight and am now thinking 'What a waste' - I look at the photos now and think 'What were you so worried about?'

You have a tremendous achievement - just enjoy the holiday - the weight will come off again. :)

As someone else has said, do what makes you feel good but as my Mum used to say "The time to worry is when you can't eat". Life's too short - enjoy :)

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I was in a similar predicament a while ago. I had been following the SW plan.

I decided just to go for it and enjoy my holiday and not weigh myself until I got home. I found that I tended to go for healthy options though bread and alcohol was a bit of a downfall.

Yes, I put on the weight. Not enough superfrees and water did not help.

Put some of your usual meals in the freezer so that as soon as you're home you go straight back on plan. The pounds WILL come off in a week or two. Funnily enough, I was relieved to be back to my usual diet.

It's been nearly two years since I reached target and although I've had a number of cruises and All Inclusive holidays I've always got back to where I should be. I get how you feel but don't panic and put brakes on your holiday. You are obviously in control now, have confidence in yourself.:D

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I was in a similar predicament a while ago. I had been following the SW plan.

I decided just to go for it and enjoy my holiday and not weigh myself until I got home. I found that I tended to go for healthy options though bread and alcohol was a bit of a downfall.

Yes, I put on the weight. Not enough superfrees and water did not help.

Put some of your usual meals in the freezer so that as soon as you're home you go straight back on plan. The pounds WILL come off in a week or two. Funnily enough, I was relieved to be back to my usual diet.

It's been nearly two years since I reached target and although I've had a number of cruises and All Inclusive holidays I've always got back to where I should be. I get how you feel but don't panic and put brakes on your holiday. You are obviously in control now, have confidence in yourself.:D

Thanks for all of your advice, truly appreciated. I have been doing the 5:2 (google it for info) with lots of exercise. With only 3 weeks to go I have gone into extreme exercise mode (2xcross trainer and 1x walk today total 18 miles) which I know is unsustainable long term but short term will get me to a goal I have set. Strangely addictive and the feeling of being in control of my food intake cannot be described. Rest assured tho I will enjoy the holiday.

Thanks for all of your advice, truly appreciated. I have been doing the 5:2 (google it for info) with lots of exercise. With only 3 weeks to go I have gone into extreme exercise mode (2xcross trainer and 1x walk today total 18 miles) which I know is unsustainable long term but short term will get me to a goal I have set. Strangely addictive and the feeling of being in control of my food intake cannot be described. Rest assured tho I will enjoy the holiday.

Well done you! Now you know how to make a plan work for you can make your choices. Ease off during your holiday if you want to. When I go on holiday I go off plan for things I really fancy ( yayyy, another martini? Thank you very much!). Like you, I go hard at it a few weeks before I go away for a head start, then back on with a vengeance when I get back till I'm back where I want to be then tick over till the next trip.

Have a great time, especially in the new outfits you must have had to treat yourself to.:D