Cigars Celebrity Equinox

tonyrocks922

Smoking areas on S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse & Silhouette) include the following locations:

Deck 12 (Pool Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside just forward of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 14 (Lido Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port- (left) side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted.

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

Note that this is from information provided on the Silhouette in April 2014.

The Sunset Bar is where cigar smokers gather. It's a small area, but you'll meet some nice like minded folks. Order a nice bourbon or scotch and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are right about meeting nice minded folk. I usually enjoy a cigar and Cognac after dinner most nights. I refer to them as "my cigar family" but have heard others on board refer to it as "the lepor colony". Can be quite windy up there some nights.:rolleyes:

The Sunset Bar is where cigar smokers gather. It's a small area, but you'll meet some nice like minded folks. Order a nice bourbon or scotch and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Small? On the S Class? You've got the whole port side bar area up past the men's room that you can smoke at. It's great! Now the bar itself is not that large, and I wouldn't think of smoking there at the bar, I do my best to get as far away from the non smoking area as I can. Frankly I'm there to relax and don't really want to be getting the evil eye from those over in the non smoking area.

Maybe I'm oblivious and I only smoke cigars, but I saw no smoker vs nonsmoker issues. I was surprised, because they had the TV set up in the smoking area for the World Cup. We all coexisted nicely. Gorgeous med evenings.

Edited by Tommy3putts
edit

Maybe I'm oblivious and I only smoke cigars, but I saw no smoker vs nonsmoker issues. I was surprised, because they had the TV set up in the smoking area for the World Cup. We all coexisted nicely. Gorgeous med evenings.

Keep cruising and smoking cigars and inevitably you will be in the designated cigar smoking area and have someone come up and complain about your cigar. I just don't understand these people but have no tolerance for them. I've had it happen on at least 2 occasions. This is when I politely remind them I'm exactly where Celebrity requests that cigars be smoked and they have the rest of the ship to enjoy.