Carnival Newbie - Liberty

bigeagle12

Ok we did it :eek:

Our first Carnival cruise and our first back to back.

Tell us everything thing we should do and not do onboard.

Does Carnival have soda card .. coffee card? If so, how much and how do they work.

Recommendations for the specialty restaurants?

Entertainment?

Pools? Adult pool?

You will have a great cruise on Liberty! We just sailed her back in May. Her decor is gorgeous, and I think if she had had Waterworks she would probably beat out the Breeze as our favorite ship.

We did the Steakhouse dinner the first night, if you are a wine drinker they do offer a free bottle the first night. It isn't the best wine you've ever tasted, but it isn't the worst either. We had good service, and the food was really, really good. Also, check out the Steakhouse cooking demo when they do it, they do it around lunchtime I think on the first sea day...and it can be your lunch, they offer so much food! If you like fish, Liberty does offer the Fish N Chips restaurant in the upstairs of the Lido buffet. There is always seating up there. For breakfast, try the Blue Iguana breakfst burritos, they are excellent! Guy's Burgers are a good lunch option.

Liberty's aft pool is adult only, and it was my favorite pool hangout spot as it was less crowded on our sailing then the main pool area.

On our cruise there was a lot of trivia, I felt like our CD kind of slipped a little as far as activities go. We still had a great time though. We enjoyed the Dive In Movies, live guitar player in the atrium and the Red Frog on Lido, and we had fun on the slide.

Have a great cruise!

You will have a great cruise on Liberty! We just sailed her back in May. Her decor is gorgeous, and I think if she had had Waterworks she would probably beat out the Breeze as our favorite ship.

We did the Steakhouse dinner the first night, if you are a wine drinker they do offer a free bottle the first night. It isn't the best wine you've ever tasted, but it isn't the worst either. We had good service, and the food was really, really good. Also, check out the Steakhouse cooking demo when they do it, they do it around lunchtime I think on the first sea day...and it can be your lunch, they offer so much food! If you like fish, Liberty does offer the Fish N Chips restaurant in the upstairs of the Lido buffet. There is always seating up there. For breakfast, try the Blue Iguana breakfst burritos, they are excellent! Guy's Burgers are a good lunch option.

Liberty's aft pool is adult only, and it was my favorite pool hangout spot as it was less crowded on our sailing then the main pool area.

On our cruise there was a lot of trivia, I felt like our CD kind of slipped a little as far as activities go. We still had a great time though. We enjoyed the Dive In Movies, live guitar player in the atrium and the Red Frog on Lido, and we had fun on the slide.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the recommendations. I am a wine drinker and also am looking forward to Guys burgers. And I LOVE aft pools.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will enjoy her so much. Sailed her in October and back on her in September for the 3rd time.

She is a totally beautiful ship. Very easy to get around. I have never felt crowded on this ship. She has had the 2.0 up grades so she has Guys Burgers which is awesome.

Has a great comedy club and the shows in the main lounge are very enjoyable. The one thing we really enjoyed on our last cruise was the Seaside Movies. We stayed up at night and watched a couple of movies and 2 during the day while relaxing in the pool.

The one down side is the Main Dining times are way to long. It is taking almost 2 hours for service. For us that is to long. Also the new menus leave a lot to be desired. But there is so much food every where on the ship you will not starve.

If you like Dr. Seuss he starts on the Liberty on the 2nd of September. Parades, readings and a special Dr. Seuss Brunch.

Hope you enjoy. I know we will. Again

Just got off the Liberty (see those wet spots? tear drops) The movies on deck included Frozen, Les Miserable, Divergent, Captain America Two, Monuments Men; all of those are pretty current to me since we don't go to movies often; and the sound was great, no problem hearing the dialogue. You didn't ask, but the popcorn was very good and in a generous serving size.

Edited by dcwalker

One of my favorite ships! It has a Venetian decor, really pretty. I have pictures below from our June cruise.

One thing that a lot of people don't know is that you can shower in the spa...no cost. Just give them your sign & sail card and they will give you a locker key. The showers are roomier than your cabin shower and the towels are usually bigger. This actually true on all ships, all lines.

Try the tomato soup on brunch day. Ask if Savio is still working in the dining room and if so, ask for him. (this is in the YTD room) and be sure to try the Fish and Chips upstairs in the buffet.

Enjoy the ship, it's beautiful and tell Corey, Terre said hello.

Edited by Terre