Prebooking entertainment on Oasis - change?

2 people on our roll call have been told by agents in Guatemala that there is now a new policy for entertainment on Oasis - apparently you can no longer pre book it and all bookings are now made on board.:confused:

They say that this policy has been running in trial "very successfully" for a few weeks now......

Entertainment is not available to book for the 3 short sailings Oasis is doing in Europe for her dry dock. How about on the TA on the way over or back or for her cruises in November back in the Caribbean...??

Can anyone on Oasis in the past week or about to go on Oasis in the next few weeks please confirm this change.....? I would have thought it would have been mentioned on here before now if there was such a change:rolleyes:

2 people on our roll call have been told by agents in Guatemala that there is now a new policy for entertainment on Oasis - apparently you can no longer pre book it and all bookings are now made on board.:confused:

They say that this policy has been running in trial "very successfully" for a few weeks now......

Entertainment is not available to book for the 3 short sailings Oasis is doing in Europe for her dry dock. How about on the TA on the way over or back or for her cruises in November back in the Caribbean...??

Can anyone on Oasis in the past week or about to go on Oasis in the next few weeks please confirm this change.....? I would have thought it would have been mentioned on here before now if there was such a change:rolleyes:

I have booked all my entertainment for our November 15 cruise. No problems at all.

Booked on the Eastbound TA, embarking on September 1st. I can tell you that it took ages and ages for the entertainment booking to be loaded into the planner. And, frustrating as it was, the dining options were loaded FIRST. So, good luck with figuring out whether you would conflict with entertainment if you wanted to do specialty dining. We are in MTD, so we really wanted to figure out a reservation time... by the time that we "discussed" our options (and opinions), what we thought was the ideal time slot had all been booked. So, as the auctioneer says, "fair warning."

It is a bit of a frustration, booking the entertainment. For example, on this longer cruise (12 nights), there was an entertainment category named "Headliner." There was no indication that "Headliner" would be one, two, three... who knows?... different entertainers? So, because of the way the show was grouped in days and times, I ended up booking "Headliner" three times.

I have never sailed on the Oasis (or Allure), and thought that the TA was a perfect time to explore the ship. I must say that I've never taken so many sea days to cross the Atlantic, having done it several times in both directions. I think that the booking problems with the dining and entertainment is just a function of these trips being so unusual in their length and special circumstances. As challenged as the Royal website programmers are... this one has proven to be quite a Herculean task for them, IMO.

Anyway, patience is needed. I think that bookings will become available. Our booking for entertainment came in about 45 days before sailing... IIRC.

As an aside, the frustration from booking on the Oasis for dining and entertainment... absolutely made me rethink my Quantum cruises. I ended up deciding that this New Style of Cruising just wasn't for me and moved my bookings to other sailings. To each his own, se la vie.

Eastbound TA you can book entertainment except for Come Fly With Me. And one night no entertainment is listed at all. Guatemala told folks on the roll call twice that Come Fly With Me is not available on the TA (but listed in the entertainment schedule twice - nothing else listed for those nights). And the other statement was that there is only one headliner onboard (hey, most of the nights have headliner only!!). Combining those two statements: This will be a pretty boring TA after the first three night (with Ocean Aria and Hairspray) :D:D!!

So better don´t believe what they are telling you! BTW, one person received an email stating that they still have an IT problem with the booking of Come Fly With Me - sounds more logic than the answers given on the phone...

BTW it´s pretty weird that we have to prebook the headliner too without even knowing what they are showing and when they are changing. Never had to prebook the headliner before on the Oasis.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Booked all my entertainment months ago for my November 1, 2014 cruise, I looked this morning and it shows that I have 12 bookings but when I go to see the actual bookings it takes me to a web page that advises all bookings need to be made on board. I hope the bookings I have made are still valid and will be honored.

I just read on my roll call (yes, there are a lot of people doing both TAs and all cruises inbetween) that entertainment has opened today for the Med cruises (including Come Fly With Me).

steamboats

Wow! Great news. Perhaps RCI do read these boards and realised something was wrong.

So much for the incorrect info being given out by the guy in Guatemala......:rolleyes:

Wow! Great news. Perhaps RCI do read these boards and realised something was wrong.

So much for the incorrect info being given out by the guy in Guatemala......:rolleyes:

Not everyone is happy with Guatemala to be honest, whether it be customers or even TA's. I don't know how long it will take for RCCL to get the issue sorted, whether it be retraining, providing them the correct information or bringing the CS back to how it was. But right now, I'm glad the entertainment issue is sorted.

Not everyone is happy with Guatemala to be honest, whether it be customers or even TA's. I don't know how long it will take for RCCL to get the issue sorted, whether it be retraining, providing them the correct information or bringing the CS back to how it was. But right now, I'm glad the entertainment issue is sorted.

Me too.

I'd emailed the CD a whilst back and the Concierge today..... then 15 minutes later bingo!! 2 cruises sorted :D