Drink vouchers

dep

I think with the drink package you must wait 15 minutes before ordering a second? Is there any time limit between drinks with the vouchers? Or can you order three drinks at the same time ?

Edited by dep

I think with the drink package you must wait 15 minutes before ordering a second? Is there any time limit between drinks with the vouchers?

There is no wait for alcoholic drinks in any of the packages. The only beverage with 15 minute wait is a drink from a Freestyle machine.

The vouchers are brand new, and not many reports have been made, but so far there is no mention of wait times.

There is no wait for alcoholic drinks in any of the packages. The only beverage with 15 minute wait is a drink from a Freestyle machine.

The vouchers are brand new, and not many reports have been made, but so far there is no mention of wait times.

I'm bad you are correct , I forgot ;(

One item that may affect wait times: While on Enchantment this weekend (whole other thread), I had an opportunity to talk with the bartender in the schooner bar about how the vouchers affected them. Since the way the vouchers were printing out on the bar tab showed both the drink price and the 15% auto tip, I asked what happened to the tip amount once the charges were reversed. Did they still get the tip? Her response was no, it will work the same way it does in the DL and CL - no charge, so no tip. They get nothing for drinks acquired with the vouchers. If that's the case, then my guess is eventually they will learn how to avoid passengers with vouchers in favor of passengers who purchase drinks. (or those with vouchers who tip on the side :) )

Edited by orville99

Hi I've purchased the royal replenish package. Could you order say a bottle of water at the same time as a soda? Thanks

Depends on the bar. I've read that some allow it and some don't.

One item that may affect wait times: While on Enchantment this weekend (whole other thread), I had an opportunity to talk with the bartender in the schooner bar about how the vouchers affected them. Since the way the vouchers were printing out on the bar tab showed both the drink price and the 15% auto tip, I asked what happened to the tip amount once the charges were reversed. Did they still get the tip? Her response was no, it will work the same way it does in the DL and CL - no charge, so no tip. They get nothing for drinks acquired with the vouchers. If that's the case, then my guess is eventually they will learn how to avoid passengers with vouchers in favor of passengers who purchase drinks. (or those with vouchers who tip on the side :) )

But how would they know, the drinks are on your Seapass, I order say a glass of red Merlot give him my card and it comes back free.He/she might remember me next time but another bar another server and it happens again, there are no vouchers as such.

Could make an interesting game out of this 3 drinks per night on your card.

But how would they know, the drinks are on your Seapass, I order say a glass of red Merlot give him my card and it comes back free.He/she might remember me next time but another bar another server and it happens again, there are no vouchers as such.

Could make an interesting game out of this 3 drinks per night on your card.

Since your status shows on your card, I would surmise that between the hours the DL and CL were open, you could see the wait staff bring you your wine last off the serving tray, and not come back until you flagged them down.

Simple solution, don't play games - tip them out of pocket.

HI.

What is a drink voucher?

It is a way for Diamond level and above Crown & Anchor members (Royal's loyalty organization) to obtain a limited number of free drinks at any bar, without having to be in the dedicated Diamond Lounge.

Edited by clarea

As usual with RCI there seems to be no clear answer.

I know on Allure in March we had two different bartenders refuse to serve us a second drink, explaining that they were told they had to wait 15 minutes between drinks and it had not been that long since they gave us the first one (although if we walked to a second bar no problem, it appeared it was a "verbal instruction" rather than a computer system lockout).

However, this past week on Vision we were served as many as 4 drinks at a time (we were sitting at the bar doing shots, etc. in a group so the bartender could tell we weren't sharing but didn't seem to have a problem setting up the next round as fast as we finished the prior round of shots).

Unless you hand them your seapass card and a dollar bill for a tip, or when you get the receipt with the drink write in a tip on it. I'll be getting these vouchers on the Vision starting this Saturday night. I'll post back.

This has been covered in several other threads: tip the bar staff, even with the vouchers.

But don't you normally tip the bar staff in the lounge normally for their service as they get nothing otherwise

You should separately tip here also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But don't you normally tip the bar staff in the lounge normally for their service as they get nothing otherwise

You should separately tip here also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always tip the bar staff, even though the cruise line adds an auto tip. My guess is a lot of people see the 15% that's added automatically and don't add anything extra.

Weird sidebar to my other thread on the vouchers on Enchantment last weekend... when GS backed out the charges they also apparently backed out the additional tips that we wrote in on the tabs - effectively stiffing their staff twice. :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hopefully people with half a brain will give the bartender a cash gratuity