Dear Carnival, Please Start Selling Model Ships Online!

I was reading John Heald's Facebook page today and I saw a person's request for Carnival to start selling model ships on their website.

I would also really like to see Carnival start doing this. I hope they would sell all ships online so I can get the model ships that I want!

It would be nice to go online and buy a modal ship. I would even be willing to pay for them to deliver it to my house!

It's crazy that their website doesn't sell all their branded items. Then again, considering how bad their website is, and how bad their customer service is...I'm really not surprised.

I really hope things change soon.

It's crazy that their website doesn't sell all their branded items. Then again, considering how bad their website is, and how bad their customer service is...I'm really not surprised.

I really hope things change soon.

Why is it crazy?

The onboard shops are not owned or operated by Carnival Cruise Lines. The area is rented out by an operating participant, Starboard Shops. Although Carnival's logo is plastered on everything with authorization, they do not own or manufacture the items sold in the gift shops. The associates are also employed by Starboard Shops. Some employees that are employed by an operating participant, such as spa employees, are required to pay Carnival for their room and board.

More info: http://www.starboardcruise.com/home/

I started collecting the models on our fourth cruise. Not having the first three and knowing I wasn't going to cruise on that ship again, I ask on here if anyone who was going on any of those three ships would be willing to buy the model and ship it to me. I told them I would pay for the shipping plus give them extra for their troubles. Within a month, I had all three ships. One person even mailed it to me before telling me how much it cost to ship it. Needless to say, all three were generously compensated for their favor.

I've asked this quesation before. The reason they can't sell them online is because they are made and purchased for duty free sales. There's some technicality that prevents them from selling the models online where they would have to charge tax.

I have 14 ships. At least one for every ship we have been on. DW calls them my fleet. We place the ships in front of the cruise photo (framed) we bought during that cruise. It's a cool way to show the portraits and remember the cruise.

I do have a couple of duplicates, but that was done on purpose. We have one ship in a second home, I bought an extra Disney Wonder for DD because I will give DS the first Disney Wonder ship that was autographed by the captain.

DS was on the second to last cruise of the Destiny before it went to the Sunshine dry dock. I already had one and wanted another Destiny. When he went to buy the ship they were sold out because many people wanted a Destiny model. He asked if he could buy the one in the window and the clerk said sure I know where that boxes is. So I have the very last Carnival Destiny model.

I keep all of the original boxes and believe that the value goes up on these as ships as they are retired. My current goal for the models it to get every Fantasy model since their retirement will start in the next 10 years of so.

Why is it crazy?

The onboard shops are not owned or operated by Carnival Cruise Lines. The area is rented out by an operating participant, Starboard Shops. Although Carnival's logo is plastered on everything with authorization, they do not own or manufacture the items sold in the gift shops. The associates are also employed by Starboard Shops. Some employees that are employed by an operating participant, such as spa employees, are required to pay Carnival for their room and board.

More info: http://www.starboardcruise.com/home/

Because both Carnival and Starboard could increase sales. Plenty of companies sell products on their web presence that are simply authorized merchandise.

I've asked this quesation before. The reason they can't sell them online is because they are made and purchased for duty free sales. There's some technicality that prevents them from selling the models online where they would have to charge tax.

That makes some sense, but at the same time they could have two different sets of product lines.