Haven and UBP - Did the Love Affair End?

We were comped both the UDP and the UBP when we sailed on Getaway in the Haven back in May. We could honestly care less about the UDP as we found the specialty dining to be poor outside of the Haven, but the UBP certainly came in handy.

Question is, I haven't seen it offered since - does anyone know if NCL stopped adding it to Haven packages?

You can still purchase the UBP, but it was included in a promotion earlier this year. They have raised the price though. It's now $54 per day + 15% gratutity if you purchase in advance

Edited by ImADaneFan

While I thought that deal was awesome, there was no way it would become permanent unless the cabins went up as a result.

That deal was the only reason why I booked a Haven cabin, as to me it was essentially another ~$600 discount (average bar bill for the wife and I for a week). I'm paying what I feel is a very good price for that cruise, enough of a deal to sway me from the Oasis this summer.

Of course if NCL invested that Haven deposit money they got from us earlier this year they probably made enough profit to cover providing the UDP and UBP plans, so maybe they aren't "losing" as much as I think. It would be nice if they could turn either one of the packages into an early booking perk.

We were comped both the UDP and the UBP when we sailed on Getaway in the Haven back in May. We could honestly care less about the UDP as we found the specialty dining to be poor outside of the Haven, but the UBP certainly came in handy.

Question is, I haven't seen it offered since - does anyone know if NCL stopped adding it to Haven packages?

Edited by JasonV1

We booked the Epic Haven for March last night and no mention of the UBP or UDP were mentioned. Not a big deal for us since neither of us are big drinkers and our one experience in a specialty was a disaster. I would have taken either if it was offered, but instead we got a decent chunk of OBC, which we'll take.

We booked the Epic Haven for March last night and no mention of the UBP or UDP were mentioned. Not a big deal for us since neither of us are big drinkers and our one experience in a specialty was a disaster. I would have taken either if it was offered, but instead we got a decent chunk of OBC, which we'll take.

The deal was just for the Breakaway and Getaway.

I have to say, judging from the reports on the Breakaway and Getaway lately, I hope they never offer the UDP part of it again. It seems getting into a speciality restaurant is currently very difficult on those ships. You'd have thought they would have worked out that would happen.

The deal was just for the Breakaway and Getaway.

I have to say, judging from the reports on the Breakaway and Getaway lately, I hope they never offer the UDP part of it again. It seems getting into a speciality restaurant is currently very difficult on those ships. You'd have thought they would have worked out that would happen.

We booked 3 specialty dining experiences on the Getaway and it couldn't have been easier. We never waited in line for dinner the whole cruise.

We booked 3 specialty dining experiences on the Getaway and it couldn't have been easier. We never waited in line for dinner the whole cruise.

That's good to hear, but there are quite a few posts on this board from people who have sailed recently who reported it being a problem.