Are their Christmas/Winter holiday decorations in late November?

Disneycruisers

This will be our first Thanksgiving cruise since 2009 (we sailed DCL.)

We had photos taken on formal night in front of their Christmas tree, and sent them as our Christmas photo. (It's the only time our family is dressed in formal wear, all at once.) :)

Does Princess have decorations then? Either way, we'll still have photos taken.

Thank you!

We cruised on the Golden last Thanksgiving and will be repeating the trip this year. The Christmas decorations began going up on the last afternoon of our cruise. Lots of little elves decorating everywhere. By that evening the atrium was done as well as lots of trees throughout the ship. So you might catch a bit of it your last day. Also, I'm certain the photo staff would be happy to set up a private session for you with a Christmas backdrop so you could take your family photo.

Princess uses independent contractors to do their Christmas decorations. Normally, this is done the first sailing after Thanksgiving ... but they often begin doing some things the Friday after Thanksgiving. :)

LuLu

Thank you for all the replies.

Well, that's good in a way I guess (decorations AFTER Thanksgiving.) Admittedly, I don't like to see Christmas decorations going up in early November, at malls and shopping centers.

I'm wearing a red semi-formal, so that will be Christmassy enough.:)

This will be our first Thanksgiving cruise since 2009 (we sailed DCL.)

We had photos taken on formal night in front of their Christmas tree, and sent them as our Christmas photo. (It's the only time our family is dressed in formal wear, all at once.) :)

Does Princess have decorations then? Either way, we'll still have photos taken.

Thank you!

On our Star Princess cruise to Hawaii last November there were no Christmas decorations. Cruise ended on December 5th. I read that after our cruise there were Christmas decorations on the ship. We did have Thanksgiving decorations on Thanksgiving and (I think) the day before. Maybe get some holiday pictures taken then. Have a great cruise. :cool:

We went on the cruise last year on the Crown that left the weekend after Thanksgiving. There were no decorations for the first several days, and then one port day towards the end of the cruise, they appeared.

Several officers had come to our Meet and Greet (first sea day), and another passenger asked about the decorations. We were told that there was a group of people who decorated all the ships, so it just depended.