Restaurant package

Scarlet and grey

Was looking to use my OBC for the 5 night specialty restaurant package. Is the price on board the same as the discounted price online, which I believe is about $139? Would rather book onboard if the price is the same, and the first day book all the times. We are on the silhouette ship.

Was looking to use my OBC for the 5 night specialty restaurant package. Is the price on board the same as the discounted price online, which I believe is about $139? Would rather book onboard if the price is the same, and the first day book all the times. We are on the silhouette ship.

When checking in at the Pier, after getting your Boarding Passes there is usually a "speciality restaurant" desk that they may send you to or just stop on by there. In my experience you should be able to negotiate a good price on the package prior to boarding.

When checking in at the Pier, after getting your Boarding Passes there is usually a "speciality restaurant" desk that they may send you to or just stop on by there. In my experience you should be able to negotiate a good price on the package prior to boarding.

I booked a three night package already. Do you know if they have a better deal at the desk, would we be able to get the difference or upgrade to a 5 night. I didn't think the price was too bad on line, but if we could save , that would be nice.

The price on board is not likely to be any higher, and could possibly be lower, although honestly I doubt that would be the case very often. Real bargain rates tend to go to individual restaurant reservations when the bookings have not been going well. When you pre-book the package, the only reservation you can make ahead of time is your first one anyway, so in that regard you do not really lose much booking a package later rather than sooner. Be advised on a full sailing you may have difficulty booking times and dates you want with a package. But if you are not too picky about that it is a real bargain.

On our Eclipse sailing in June the prices were actually higher onboard. I had read here to wait to book the package till I got onboard and really regretted not booking it beforehand.

Once onboard, the 3 dinner package was $109, the 4 dinner package was $139 and the 5 dinner package was $159. Not a terrible increase but enough to make a difference when there were several people in my family. Also the best discount they offered during the cruise (at least to us) was 20% not 50% as we had been offered before on previous cruises. I guess lots of people on our cruise were dining in the specialty venues so they had no need to offer huge discounts.

I am looking at booking the 5 dinner package for our Feb/14 14 day Eclipse sailing. It's priced in Cdn$ (if we purchase prior to sailing)which is an advantage for me but I'm wondering where the dining will be since there are only 3 specialty restaurants on that ship...does anyone know which restaurants we'd be eating at twice?

You can only use your OBC when you are on the ship. If you book before you sail you will be charged for it on your account. Make sure you mention using your OBC if you book at the pre cruise desk.

I booked a three night package already. Do you know if they have a better deal at the desk, would we be able to get the difference or upgrade to a 5 night. I didn't think the price was too bad on line, but if we could save , that would be nice.

'Problem' with 3-4-5 nite pkgs IMHO is you are rationed to #, choice of restaurants. My suggestion, affected by how booked the restaurants are, is to attend the 1st or 2d of your 3-pkg and speak to maitre-d after your meal, if you want another trip, that you'd like another visit if discount was available and offer flexibility on your reservation time. Then at least you neotiate for the extra restaurant you prefer vs. pkg quota.

We do specialties often (maybe our elite+ gets us some consideration?), but eat when they open, and they try to be accommodating when we are dealing at the restaurant with the manager. Sometimes they offer 8:30pm or later at discount.

BEST DEAL: ask about specialty lunch day - its $25

GOOD LUCK

The price on board is not likely to be any higher, and could possibly be lower, although honestly I doubt that would be the case very often. Real bargain rates tend to go to individual restaurant reservations when the bookings have not been going well. When you pre-book the package, the only reservation you can make ahead of time is your first one anyway, so in that regard you do not really lose much booking a package later rather than sooner. Be advised on a full sailing you may have difficulty booking times and dates you want with a package. But if you are not too picky about that it is a real bargain.

We did the Eclipse in Jan. for 14 days. We found we could save anywhere from 20-35% when booking on board. It usually has the discounts a few days into the trip. They'll make it look like it's sold out the first few nights, but trust me it's not.