Where to walk on the Eclipse and swimming pool depth?

Chilcotin

DH and I have been wanting to try Celebrity for a long time but it has never worked out.

We are hoping to do a Caribbean cruise in the new year aboard the Eclipse.

We were looking at a deck plan tonight and there seems to be nothing that resembles a promenade deck on that ship just a jogging track on an upper deck.

DH loves to go for a walk outside especially on sea days. I have MS and though I can walk a small distance I have enjoyed being pushed in my wheelchair around the deck.

Is their a place on the Eclipse to do this?

Also can anyone tell me how deep the swimming pools are on that ship.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

There is a prom deck both sides of Eclipse, but it does not go around the bow and stern. The lifeboats are slung above the deck, and there a a few chairs. I believe the port side is a smoking area as well.

The indoor Solarium pool is shall at one end, but does slope down. My wife cannot swim but does go in the shallow end whilst I have a swim, we found the best time was just before dinner, its a lot quiter then. Sorry, never used the outdoor pools!

Eight times around the jogging track on Silhouette is one mile. It is really short. You can almost triple this by going up at each end. I did this early every morning for an hour.

Not for pleasure - I stuck it out for health reasons - but in saying that, I saw some fabulous views. Deck five had a nice little spot for sitting but you are hemmed in by the lifeboats. You can certainly stroll around it though passing inside at both ends. I would say it is about twice as long as the jogging track and maybe a bit more.

I only "found" it the last day!

The indoor pool on the Eclipse is fine. The depth is about the same at both ends....slightly shallower by the ladder steps in. At that end there are ladder steps at both sides of the pool

Very good for people with any disability is the fact that there are broad, gently descending steps at the other end of the pool with a substantial rail for holding. I enter the pool walking backwards using those (I have severe osteoarthritis)

There is also a wheelchair hoist on one side of the pool. There is good broad deck side access also.

I swim 70 lengths or so in there when I swim. The water temperature is good too and there are large open ended showers at the steps end of the pool by the feature fountain.

Am sorry I have tried to upload my photos which show the pool access but they simply won't load :(

Not sure when you are wanting to go or for how long, but there is a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse. We will be on the one starting Feb. 1 - 15. It is not a b2b, but a true 14 day cruise. We were on this same cruise this past Feb. and really enjoyed it.

We were just on the Silhouette and enjoyed the outdoor pools almost daily. There are two on there, which I'm assuming is the same on the Eclipse, and one pool was 4' deep with a shallow ledge and the other is 6'. The deep pool was nice but didn't have steps going in, rather a ladder that you used. We were surprised, after having only sailed M class ships that the S class ships have fresh water in their outdoor pools as opposed to salt water.

Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks Adammara.

I take it that is deck five where the prom deck is. Any idea how many meters/feet it would be from end to end?

The "promenade deck" (which, as others have noted, is not a true promenade deck), runs nearly the entire length of the ship (except the bow and stern). And you can cut through the interior at either end if you don't want to go up and down the same side. Some of the deck, as noted above, has the view of the water blocked by the lifeboats, which makes it less than appealing.

EclipseTA457_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We usually just walk on the walking/jogging path on deck 14. We enjoy walking there mid day on sea says when it is sunny and there is lots of activity. The only problem is that most of the path is in the area that overlooks the pool and it is lined on both sides with loungers. On a nice afternoon that area gets heavy use so it is a little crowded so the path gets a little conjested. But if you are patient on your walks it is still very nice. I don't know how easy it will be to navigate a wheel chair through the area but it might not be too bad and the area is worth checking out. In the early AM when there are not many people opn the loungers there are lots of walkers and joggers and from late afternoon onward there are not too many people in the area at all on most days.

We were just on the Silhouette and enjoyed the outdoor pools almost daily. There are two on there, which I'm assuming is the same on the Eclipse, and one pool was 4' deep with a shallow ledge and the other is 6'. The deep pool was nice but didn't have steps going in, rather a ladder that you used. We were surprised, after having only sailed M class ships that the S class ships have fresh water in their outdoor pools as opposed to salt water.

Enjoy your holiday!

Barwick is the entire pool 6' or does it slope down. I am 5'9" and like to do water exercises so need about a 5' depth. 6' would be over my head.

Does anyone know the depth of the indoor pool?

Thanks everyone for your answers thus far.

It is the indoor pool which is the more shallow. I am 5' 10 and I can't "tread water" in it. If I wish to "cycle" in the water I have to lean back in a semi recline position. At its deepest it is above waist level at around chest level. It is just ok to do breaststroke in for me. I haven't been in the outdoor pool as it is ladder entry. The outdoor pool on the Constellation wasn't 6' deep.

I did like the indoor pool on the Eclipse though and regularly swam lengths in it.

Barwick is the entire pool 6' or does it slope down. I am 5'9" and like to do water exercises so need about a 5' depth. 6' would be over my head.

Does anyone know the depth of the indoor pool?

Thanks everyone for your answers thus far.

The deep outdoor pool was 6' at the deepest and prob about 5'6" for a narrow section of the other end. I am 5'7" and had to stand on my tippy toes to keep my head above water in the "shallow" end and it was over my head in the deeper end. I liked that pool because it didn't really get too busy that often as the non-swimmers and kids tended to stick to the shallower pool. It's not long enough for swimming laps but great for cooling off after a hot tour!

I wanted to walk on the outside "track" one time but as it happened we were in the middle of a big thunderstorm so since I was in my running clothes I made my own promenade: We were on deck 11 corner aft. I walked down the entire length of the hall to the front elevators, crossed over to the other hall, and back to my room. I did that for about an hour. No view, but I did get a continuous long track workout of sorts. I was after the workout, not the view --

We have also walked on deck 5, crossing over inside on each end. Less people than on the track.

And of course there's always the treadmills and they have a fabulous front view!

I am a walker too. Have enjoyed the Jogging Track on all Celebrity Ships early in the AM... Get up catch the Sunrise / Sail In and then hit the track... Long before the Sun-worshippers arrive, cause as LSIMON said above once that happens the Jogging Track ends up cluttered with Sun Lounge Chairs on the S-Class Ships (bad design IMO)

Deck 5 is an ok spot to get outside as well... Despite its poor view, incomplete promenade and designated smoking area. It does have an overhang from above so can do in a pinch in a light misty rain.

And as CLAUDIAB said above the plain old tread mills in the Fitness Centre are a good spot with a great view too... Makes working out less of a chore if you head to the gym.

Also, I am a fan of the Solarium Pools on all Celebrity Ships... Particularly so tho on M-Class where they are not your regular run of the mill... But T-pools.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I really miss a real promenade deck, I know HAL still has them, not sure of any of the other lines. Up on top of the X ships the "go around" is pretty short and loungers on either side. What we do on some days is walk the halls, from the top of the ship to the bottom. This is really pretty fun as wwe look at the art while we walk. I'm not a fan of treadmills.