Bottle Wine Package?

On our upcoming cruise they only list Wine and Dine Package. We bought bottles of wine on our last cruise. Did they do away with that package? It is not listed, just by glasses. We loved the bottles as we would take a bottle or 2 to our cabin.

On our upcoming cruise they only list Wine and Dine Package. We bought bottles of wine on our last cruise. Did they do away with that package? It is not listed, just by glasses. We loved the bottles as we would take a bottle or 2 to our cabin.

The Wine & Dine package is the bottle wine package. They used to have 3 different packages, and they have been combined into one package.

I don't see that option on our cruise:confused: Maybe because it is so far off? I did check it a couple of times because you had said about the second page it doesn't come up, lol.

Yes, could be it's too far in advance. Just keep checking the website. Also, you can purchase it onboard for the same price.

Edited by clarea

I just checked my cruise next March (228 days away), and I have the Wine & Dine package available.

You had said:

On our upcoming cruise they only list Wine and Dine Package.

So, you are seeing it for your cruise? As Bob said, that's the package where you can pre-purchase 5, 7, 10, or 12 bottles of wine.

Log in to RC and open your reservation. On the left side of the page you'll see the CRUISE PLANNER box. The first category is Dining & Beverage and under that is Beverages and Dining. Click on the ADD button next to Beverages.

Be patient - it takes longer to get the page up than it used to! You'll get a page with 4 choices - Wine & Dine Package, Premium Package, Ultimate Package, and Select Package. (The other choices under Beverages - Premium, Ultimate, and Select - are all by-the-drink packages. The Wine & Dine is bottles.) Click on ADD TO CART under Wine & Dine Package. Then you have to select the guest/guests for your package. (They want to be sure you're over 21. So before you shop for your wine package you'll need to start putting in your Set Sail pass information, get your names and ages in there at least, and save your data. After you've done that, the beverage packages will be available to pre-purchase in your Cruise Planner.)

You'll see the choices for the various packages with different numbers of bottles. They will add 15% gratuity to the package price shown, so the $165 five bottle package will end up costing you $189.75.

The programming has changed on this (it's slower!) and now I think the Beverage choices aren't there until you have your age in the system. So you'll have to start entering your Set Sail info first. Hope this helps!

Judy

Log in to RC and open your reservation. On the left side of the page you'll see the CRUISE PLANNER box. The first category is Dining & Beverage and under that is Beverages and Dining. Click on the ADD button next to Beverages.

Be patient - it takes longer to get the page up than it used to! You'll get a page with 4 choices - Wine & Dine Package, Premium Package, Ultimate Package, and Select Package. (The other choices under Beverages - Premium, Ultimate, and Select - are all by-the-drink packages. The Wine & Dine is bottles.) Click on ADD TO CART under Wine & Dine Package. Then you have to select the guest/guests for your package. (They want to be sure you're over 21. So before you shop for your wine package you'll need to start putting in your Set Sail pass information, get your names and ages in there at least, and save your data. After you've done that, the beverage packages will be available to pre-purchase in your Cruise Planner.)

You'll see the choices for the various packages with different numbers of bottles. They will add 15% gratuity to the package price shown, so the $165 five bottle package will end up costing you $189.75.

The programming has changed on this (it's slower!) and now I think the Beverage choices aren't there until you have your age in the system. So you'll have to start entering your Set Sail info first. Hope this helps!

Judy

Good tip, that could explain some issues.:)

Does anyone know - we are on Oasis next February for two weeks (back to back). If we buy a wine package, can we carry it over into the second week? i.e. if we buy a 12 bottle package and only use 7-8 bottles? We are in the same cabin, but I assume we will have two folios (we used two different travel agents as we are travelling with others for the first week).

Does anyone know - we are on Oasis next February for two weeks (back to back). If we buy a wine package, can we carry it over into the second week? i.e. if we buy a 12 bottle package and only use 7-8 bottles? We are in the same cabin, but I assume we will have two folios (we used two different travel agents as we are travelling with others for the first week).

I have read that people are able to carry over the wine to the next cruise, but it's not automatic.

You have a couple of options:

Talk with the headwaiter and see if they will facilitate keeping track of your wine package through the second cruise. Make sure you talk with your headwaiter, not your waiter, because the headwaiter has the authority to make things right if somehow your wine disappears.

Ask for all your remaining bottles at the end of your first cruise, keep them in your stateroom, and bring them to the dining room as needed. There should be no corkage fee as these bottles were purchased on board.

I don't like the second option because you have to select the type of wine in advance rather than at dinner when you know what you will be eating.

I just checked my cruise next March (228 days away), and I have the Wine & Dine package available.

You had said:

So, you are seeing it for your cruise? As Bob said, that's the package where you can pre-purchase 5, 7, 10, or 12 bottles of wine.

If you do not finish a bottle of wine at dinner will it be served the next day? Is there a re-corking charge if that happens?

If you do not finish a bottle of wine at dinner will it be served the next day? Is there a re-corking charge if that happens?

No recorking charge. You can use the unfinished bottle the next day or any other day of your cruise.

The wine and dine says 165 per person?

Where does it say "per person"?

The Wine & Dine package price is per package, and you can share the bottles with whoever you like.

It said 165 per person and there is no package other than that for wine. Did a fake order and it said 165 per person to pick who I wanted it for. I don't no I never had a problem before ordering wine that is why I thought they changed it to person.

It said 165 per person and there is no package other than that for wine. Did a fake order and it said 165 per person to pick who I wanted it for. I don't no I never had a problem before ordering wine that is why I thought they changed it to person.

That is just Royal's website being confusing. They could have used some explanation there.

One person's onboard account will be used to keep track of the wine bottles that have been used. So when they ask you to pick which person, they are asking which person do you want the waiters to ask about which wine to choose.

It's $165 (actually $189.75 with the gratuity) per 5 bottle package. You enter the guests from your reservation. Then you choose which person's name you want to buy the package under, put a 1 in the blank by the package you want under that person's name, and the package will be loaded on that Sea Pass. Each time you order your bottle of wine in the MDR, the waiter will take that sea pass to the computer and subtract each bottle you order against your package, which is already paid for.

Judy

Actually, what I see it says is "Prices starting from $165.00 USD Adult". It's not "per adult", but instead indicating that this is "Adult pricing" (as opposed to "Child pricing", which would make sense for excursions).

Once you select [Add to Cart] and then select a person and click [Next], you're then presented with the list of packages from which to choose:

normal_WineandDinePackages.png

That is just Royal's website being confusing. They could have used some explanation there.

One person's onboard account will be used to keep track of the wine bottles that have been used. So when they ask you to pick which person, they are asking which person do you want the waiters to ask about which wine to choose.

You can select both people in the cabin, and then you're presented with the opportunity to choose how many bottles are in each person's package. I guess this is for couples who really love their wine that they want two packages! :D

Im running into the same issue on line for our Dec 27 cruise - pre ordering used to be easy - I find this confusing Its also not giving me the option of how many bottles Id like to order - at this point Im thinking Ill just buy on board.

Im running into the same issue on line for our Dec 27 cruise - pre ordering used to be easy - I find this confusing Its also not giving me the option of how many bottles Id like to order - at this point Im thinking Ill just buy on board.

No downside to buying on board, same price, and it will use OBC if you have any.