Bottle Wine Package?

Does the wine package include a corkage fee? If not, what is the fee per bottle? If you buy the wine ala carte at dinner, is there a corkage fee?

Wine and dine choices.

Sparkling Wines

Caposaldo, Prosecco, Brut, Veneto, Italy ($40 per bottle)

Domaine Ste. Michelle, Brut, Washington ($49 per bottle)

White Wines

Moscato, Castello del Poggio, Pavia, Italy

Pinot Grigio, Attems, Venezia Giulia, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand ($39 per bottle)

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra, Central Valley, Chile ($33 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Penfolds, "Koonunga Hill", Australia ($40 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Glen Carlou, Paarl, South Africa ($52 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Aussieres Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France ($40 per bottle)

Chardonnay, Mer Soleil, Santa Lucia Highlands, California, United States ($68 per bottle)

White Zinfandel, Beringer, California ($31 per bottle)

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Spy Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand ($61 per bottle)

Merlot, Charles Krug, Napa, California ($56 per bottle)

Carmenere, Arboleda, Colchagua, Chile ($44 per bottle)

Tempranilo, Torres, Robera del Duero, "Celeste", Crianza, Spain

Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter", Mendoza, Argentina ($40 per bottle)

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann,"Weighbridge," South Australia ($33 per bottle)

Sangiovese, Marchesi de' Frescobaldi, Chianti Rufina, "Castello di Nipozzano," Riserva, Italy ($66 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Penley Estate, "Phoenix," Coonawarra, Australia ($52 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa, California, United States ($33 per bottle)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussieres Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite, Languedoc, France ($40 per bottle)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by heyabbott

Does the wine package include a corkage fee? If not, what is the fee per bottle? If you buy the wine ala carte at dinner, is there a corkage fee?...

There are no corkage fees for wine purchased onboard the ship.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone done an onboard price comparsion to the wine and dine package(s)? Based on pictures of wine menus from a recent cruiser on allure, there is no way a 5 bottle package saves 25% off the list price. Maybe I am missing something?

This is the most recent analysis I could find:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40938524&postcount=9

Edited by clarea

In the past, we have been able to either carry or have delivered a partially consumed bottle of wine back to our stateroom from the dining room/specialty restaurant. Also, we were able to go to one of the bars and select a bottle of wine from the package and take it a back to the stateroom. Are one or both of these options still available?

In the past, we have been able to either carry or have delivered a partially consumed bottle of wine back to our stateroom from the dining room/specialty restaurant. Also, we were able to go to one of the bars and select a bottle of wine from the package and take it a back to the stateroom. Are one or both of these options still available?

You can take any of your wine bottles back to the stateroom. However, the wine package is designed to be used in restaurants. You may find a bar tender willing to fetch a bottle of wine for you, but I think it's unlikely.

OP and Bob,

Thank-you so much as I have had the same questions. could you please answer another question. I just looked at the price list for the wine if you get a more expensive bottle then do you have to pay more. Sorry I am very confused about the whole wine and dine package. Also, do you have to have all the same wine for example if I ask for a chardonnay the first night does that mean I have to have a chardonnay every night.

OP and Bob,

Thank-you so much as I have had the same questions. could you please answer another question. I just looked at the price list for the wine if you get a more expensive bottle then do you have to pay more. Sorry I am very confused about the whole wine and dine package. Also, do you have to have all the same wine for example if I ask for a chardonnay the first night does that mean I have to have a chardonnay every night.

You pay one set price for the wine package, and you can have any bottle in the list. You can have all the same wine, or all different, or any combo.

Log in to RC and open your reservation. On the left side of the page you'll see the CRUISE PLANNER box. The first category is Dining & Beverage and under that is Beverages and Dining. Click on the ADD button next to Beverages.

Be patient - it takes longer to get the page up than it used to! You'll get a page with 4 choices - Wine & Dine Package, Premium Package, Ultimate Package, and Select Package. (The other choices under Beverages - Premium, Ultimate, and Select - are all by-the-drink packages. The Wine & Dine is bottles.) Click on ADD TO CART under Wine & Dine Package. Then you have to select the guest/guests for your package. (They want to be sure you're over 21. So before you shop for your wine package you'll need to start putting in your Set Sail pass information, get your names and ages in there at least, and save your data. After you've done that, the beverage packages will be available to pre-purchase in your Cruise Planner.)

You'll see the choices for the various packages with different numbers of bottles. They will add 15% gratuity to the package price shown, so the $165 five bottle package will end up costing you $189.75.

The programming has changed on this (it's slower!) and now I think the Beverage choices aren't there until you have your age in the system. So you'll have to start entering your Set Sail info first. Hope this helps!

Judy

On our upcoming cruise the 10 bottle package is listed at $265 which is inclusive of the 15% gratuity - then when you put the package into "cart" to purchase that price then becomes $345 - I called RCI to find out what this extra $80 is for and was told initially the price was $300 + gratuity - I said NO, the package I am looking at states $265 inclusive of gratuity - then the rep called resolutions and they came back with the $80 difference is for TAXES. I have never paid taxes on a wine package before so up to now I have not purchased one - just and FYI whatch the price when you order the package. :D

On our upcoming cruise the 10 bottle package is listed at $265 which is inclusive of the 15% gratuity - then when you put the package into "cart" to purchase that price then becomes $345 - I called RCI to find out what this extra $80 is for and was told initially the price was $300 + gratuity - I said NO, the package I am looking at states $265 inclusive of gratuity - then the rep called resolutions and they came back with the $80 difference is for TAXES. I have never paid taxes on a wine package before so up to now I have not purchased one - just and FYI whatch the price when you order the package. :D

Several people have reported the same thing. I would not purchase until you are onboard, and out to sea. There should be no taxes then.

Claria (Bob) You asked that I give you an update on the answer:

So here is the real answer - I emailed AGoldstein and a very nice lady from his office sent me an email yesterday stating that she had been assigned my email for reponse. Today she called me and we discussed what the website was stating, however now it states $265 plus gratuity, the total then should be $304.50 (rounded to $305) but the website still wants to calculate it at a total price of $345.00.

The lady stated that the actual price of the package is $300 so that's were the error is - then you need to add 15% gratuity and the actual price of the 10 bottle package is $345.00. I advised her I wanted the package for the current advertised price, she said it would have to go back to her supervisor to see is she can give me the price of $265, then she said, if you buy the package for $345 which is the actual price I will give you a $50 OBC which would give me the 10 bottles of wine at a total of $295.00 - I agreed that would OK.

So the bottom line is the actual price is $300 + 15% gratuity for a total of $345.00. THERE ARE NO TAXES involved in the price so even resolutions can give you incorrect information.

Situation resolved in 3 days. :D

Claria (Bob) You asked that I give you an update on the answer:

So here is the real answer - I emailed AGoldstein and a very nice lady from his office sent me an email yesterday stating that she had been assigned my email for reponse. Today she called me and we discussed what the website was stating, however now it states $265 plus gratuity, the total then should be $304.50 (rounded to $305) but the website still wants to calculate it at a total price of $345.00.

The lady stated that the actual price of the package is $300 so that's were the error is - then you need to add 15% gratuity and the actual price of the 10 bottle package is $345.00. I advised her I wanted the package for the current advertised price, she said it would have to go back to her supervisor to see is she can give me the price of $265, then she said, if you buy the package for $345 which is the actual price I will give you a $50 OBC which would give me the 10 bottles of wine at a total of $295.00 - I agreed that would OK.

So the bottom line is the actual price is $300 + 15% gratuity for a total of $345.00. THERE ARE NO TAXES involved in the price so even resolutions can give you incorrect information.

Situation resolved in 3 days. :D

Thanks for reporting back. So they have raised the prices about 13% on that package and neglected to change the website. It's so odd that they can change the part of the website that actually charges the money (they do this very well), but they just can't seem to change the other part that entices you to buy in the first place. Hard to believe it's just an oversight or programming error.