GREAT NEWS BVE in NYC

HI

just to let you know the Royal will be in NYC (probably BROOKLYN)

for five Saturday's in a row...beginning the end of September anid

will be offering the BVE. It is 39.00 per person

Ann

Can someone please define "BVE". If it's a preview of the ship for non-passengers, it would be something I'd like to do! So how would I proceed?

It gets booked directly through Princess, and you don't have to know anyone on the sailing to participate. The $39 credit can only be used for a future booking for a limited time afterwards. (Three months? Six? I forget.) And it's also a handy way to buy FCCs for yourself without going on a cruise.

Now if only they would start having them from Vancouver! I wonder why they don't have them available at more ports?

Currently it's only US ports & since they apparently check guests with US authorities Princess may not want to deal with non-US ports.

HI

just to let you know the Royal will be in NYC (probably BROOKLYN)

for five Saturday's in a row...beginning the end of September anid

will be offering the BVE. It is 39.00 per person

Ann

It is Brooklyn - my sister and I are eagerly counting down the days to our 10/4 Canada New England cruise! :D

Now if only they would start having them from Vancouver! I wonder why they don't have them available at more ports?

I doubt it will ever happen in Vancouver due to immigration.

Before boarding the ship in Vancouver you go through US immigration. When leaving the ship you would have to go through Canadian immigration. Makes it more complicated.

I was just on the phone with Princess this morning trying to arrange a BVE on the Star Princess on Aug. 8th here in San Francisco.

When the service rep checked with the BVE department, she was told they would not sell us the BVE on August 8 because we have a cruise booked on Star Princess on October 11th, a west coast cruise r/t San Francisco.

I don't know if that's Princess' policy fleetwide for BVEs, but it left me with more questions than answers... BVEs are only for people who aren't booked on a future cruise?

I was just on the phone with Princess this morning trying to arrange a BVE on the Star Princess on Aug. 8th here in San Francisco.

When the service rep checked with the BVE department, she was told they would not sell us the BVE on August 8 because we have a cruise booked on Star Princess on October 11th, a west coast cruise r/t San Francisco.

I don't know if that's Princess' policy fleetwide for BVEs, but it left me with more questions than answers... BVEs are only for people who aren't booked on a future cruise?

First time I have read of this happening.

Call again and speak with a different agent.

Is there still availability? I'm seriously interested so I'll call this morning!

We did something similar when the Crown debuted at the Red Hook pier in Brooklyn, only it was free! We got an invitation by email for an evening of entertainment, dinner, and tours. I loved it. A real PR event.

First time I have read of this happening.

Call again and speak with a different agent.

I did just that this morning and am now booked for the BVE on 8 October here in San Francisco. There was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line between myself, the CSR and the BVE desk (and it was a doozy -- every play the game "Telephone" with a group of people transmitting a message verbally, one person at a time? It was like that...

Just booked the BVE for October 4th out of Red Hook, Brooklyn on the Royal. Service at Princess couldn't have been better! She said the new ship will be a sister to the Royal and Regal and they're leaving the "fun" stuff to their other lines...whew!