Recommendations - Private transfers from cruise port venice to airport

Travel luv

Hello All,

I am in need of reputable companies that offer direct and private transportation that can be prebooked for transportation from the cruise port to the airport in venice?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to grab a taxi upon arrival and how the overall costs compare to the Celebrity's transfers which are pricing at $68 total for two persons.

Thanks for the feedback.

Just looked this up on Motoscafivenetia.it and found that they charge 110 Euros. So the $68 doesn't sound so bad. I just chose a random date, and you can put in a date...perhaps it will show up as a different price.

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/biglietto_1.php?gclid=CKyw_MPz778CFehj7AodDlgAeg

But then, here is a more reasonable option: http://www.partner.viator.com/en/4557/tours/Venice/Venice-Airport-Private-Departure-Transfer/d522-2495VCEHTLAPT_P

Edited by Steirisch

City-airport-taxis. We paid. 45euros in June for transfer -- clean new car and a safe driver who was on time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chairsin, were there a number of cabs available for you to choose from? I've read different observations of the availability of cabs when you exit the ship.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

City-airport-taxis. We paid. 45euros in June for transfer -- clean new car and a safe driver who was on time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made a reservation with this company as well for our transfer from port to airport. They responded immediately to my email and quoted 40Eur for 2 of us.

I'd much rather have someone waiting for us than have to hunt down or wait in line for a regular taxi and the cost is probably the same.

Here's the link:

http://www.city-airport-taxis.com

We made a reservation with this company as well for our transfer from port to airport. They responded immediately to my email and quoted 40Eur for 2 of us.

I'd much rather have someone waiting for us than have to hunt down or wait in line for a regular taxi and the cost is probably the same.

Here's the link:

http://www.city-airport-taxis.com

Thanks for this! I just booked our transfer too! $40 Euro for 2 of us. 2% Euro surcharge to pay in advance (came out to be 1 Euro) but glad to get it done. One less thing to worry about. Sweet!

Edited by cruising in mn

Hello All,

I am in need of reputable companies that offer direct and private transportation that can be prebooked for transportation from the cruise port to the airport in venice?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to grab a taxi upon arrival and how the overall costs compare to the Celebrity's transfers which are pricing at $68 total for two persons.

Thanks for the feedback.

we are thinking of doing the same thing.. but what time do you figure you are able to get off the ship?

we are thinking of doing the same thing.. but what time do you figure you are able to get off the ship?

I just factored in the time the ship arrives and the time we need to be to the airport. I added an hour and a half buffer for us to get through customs and off of the ship.

The transportation company listed that they will wait for you up until a certain time, so we don't have to worry about them leaving us as they factor their time to leave if waiting and you are a no show according to your actual flight time.

Has anyone done this? Any reviews?

Everywhere that I have read, there is a set fee of 80E for gondola rides in Venice. I'm noticing that this company is offering several options. They offer a shared gondola ride for 25Epp. They also offer a guided land tour and gondola tour package for 36E pp. The only downside to the gondola tour is that there could be a maximum of six people on the tour. I'm not sure if the other gondola rides are gauranteed private or not? Does anyone know?

Thanks

the only way to guarantee you won't be snuggling with 2-4 strangers on a gondola is to book the ride yourself with a gondolier. Just wander around Venice until you find the 'right' place for your experience. If things are slow and it's afternoon, you might be able to talk the price down from the official rate of 80E, but you can't count on it.

A fun cheap alternative is to ride on a traghetto. Traghetti are a stripped down gondola, used to take passengers across the Grand Canal where there is no bridge closeby. 2E.

info about gondolas and traghetti in this link:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/gallivanting_by_gondola.htm

p.s. give yourself plenty of time at the airport. Our last 2 flights out of Venice were close calls. For our noon flight to JFK we arrived at 9:30am and only had about 10 minutes to spare.

Edited by mapleleaves

Has anyone done this? Any reviews?

Everywhere that I have read, there is a set fee of 80E for gondola rides in Venice. I'm noticing that this company is offering several options. They offer a shared gondola ride for 25Epp. They also offer a guided land tour and gondola tour package for 36E pp. The only downside to the gondola tour is that there could be a maximum of six people on the tour. I'm not sure if the other gondola rides are gauranteed private or not? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Only you can decide if you would rather pay €50 for the two of you and have a total of six in the small boat or if you'd rather pay eighty euros and have the whole gondola to yourselves

Has anyone done an excursion with this company? We may just do a tour and get a private gondola on our own. Our time in Venice is unfortunately limited.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

I think it's fair to say that in general most people don't do tours in Venice. It's very easy to get around by walking and if you have limited time you probably will just hit the highlights like St. Mark's, the Doge's palace, possibly the Guggenheim and to maybe take the number one or number two vaporetto up-and-down the Grand Canal stopping at the Rialto Bridge area. The general plan is just to wander and get lost!

I'm surprised u only had 10 minutes to spare at the airport . We have a 1 pm flight from Venice and thought we would book a taxi for 9:15 pick up. Now I may rethink that. I thought I rather hang at the boat than at the Zooey airport.

Would you please elaborate? Yikes!

Our last 2 flights out of Venice were close calls due to the long lines and lack of staffing at the counters. We had a flight to Portugal on a Wed at 6pm. We arrived at 4pm to long long lines. By the time we got to the counter they told us there was little chance we would make the flight. We RAN all the way to the gate and just barely made it.

Our next flight was also on a Wed .... noon to JFK with Delta. We arrived at 9:30am and again long long lines. But we got thru on time and had 10 minutes to buy one last gellato. Altho come to think of it we had one last scare ... as soon as they called people to start boarding we

It seemed like there were only 1 or 2 people working at the counter so the lines barely moved, then at the last moment they added 2 or 3 more staff and the lines moved fast.

Some people have reported they had no problem at the airport and others had the same situation I experienced. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather be bored at the airport for 30 minutes than running to the gate thinking I've missed the flight. Geez, that would have been costly!

Here's a recent thread about it...both sides of the story. Check gregahoy whose experience was like mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43653234#post43653234

Edited by mapleleaves

I'm surprised u only had 10 minutes to spare at the airport . We have a 1 pm flight from Venice and thought we would book a taxi for 9:15 pick up. Now I may rethink that. I thought I rather hang at the boat than at the Zooey airport.

you'll be fine.... you've added 1 more hour of wait time than we had.

We arrived at 9:30 for a noon flight. You're going to arrive at 9:30 for a 1pm flight.

We used Click Airport Transfer and we were happy with the service. I booked a van (there were 7 of us - and the requested car seats for my 2 kids were there. We booked for 8:15, we were outside by 8 and the driver was already there waiting for us. The ride to the airport was about 20 minutes.

Our flight was scheduled for 11:30am. However it was delayed - thank goodness. Because we like maple leaves encountered the longest airport lines I have ever experienced! The line to check in at the counter was extremely slow and they were only using 2 security scanners. We stood in line for 2 hours easily. We would have barely made our flight if it was not delayed.

When we left the port, there was our Celebrity ship and another RCCL ship. So I'm assuming it might have just been too many people all at once trying to get on their flights!

Personally I would use that website that checks what ships are in port that day of your departure. I would give at least 2 hours before your flight time, give another half hour driving time and some more "padded" time. Hence - 8:15 pick up for 11:30 flight.

Thanks for sharing this information regarding the wait at the airport. I will definitely adjust accordingly.

Oh a second note, just realized while scrolling through this thread that I posted something that was meant for a completely different thread. Please disregard.

Our last 2 flights out of Venice were close calls due to the long lines and lack of staffing at the counters. We had a flight to Portugal on a Wed at 6pm. We arrived at 4pm to long long lines. By the time we got to the counter they told us there was little chance we would make the flight. We RAN all the way to the gate and just barely made it.

Our next flight was also on a Wed .... noon to JFK with Delta. We arrived at 9:30am and again long long lines. But we got thru on time and had 10 minutes to buy one last gellato. Altho come to think of it we had one last scare ... as soon as they called people to start boarding we

It seemed like there were only 1 or 2 people working at the counter so the lines barely moved, then at the last moment they added 2 or 3 more staff and the lines moved fast.

Some people have reported they had no problem at the airport and others had the same situation I experienced. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather be bored at the airport for 30 minutes than running to the gate thinking I've missed the flight. Geez, that would have been costly!

Here's a recent thread about it...both sides of the story. Check gregahoy whose experience was like mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43653234#post43653234

Thank you for adding to your story! I have a 1:00 p.m. flight and will be doing self-debark (I'll have only a backpack and a carry-on sized suitcase) so I should be able to get to the airport with time to spare. I had a similar experience to yours in Mumbai, India. They actually held the plane an extra 15 minutes for me--I was the last to board. It's an experience I don't care to repeat. I'll take the boredom of waiting at the gate any day!

I'll go check out that thread. :)

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser