Wine by the glass on celebrity

ramco

After taking the wine I brought on the ship with me, OFF the ship with me on my last cruise, I'm unlikely to bring any again. For the sake of others however, I'm wondering whether Celebrity would allow 4 375ml bottles instead of the 2 750s?

Lol, LEFTOVER Wine doesn't really exist in my house either... All the same Mr Sloop is a wine lover (working towards his Sommelier papers) and he would agree with several of the comments here.

If you have to keep wine over invest in vacuum pump & stoppers, and red wine is best chilled to slow down the breakdown process (bring back up to serving temp by letting sit out in a room the next day shortly before serving).

The wine we bring aboard now is always Sparkling... French Champagne - Italian Prosecco - or Spanish Cava they are the best bang for our buck (liquor store prices vs Celebrity Prices... Even on the Bevvy Packages, cause of the up charges when it comes to the very top end).

Lol, perfect all-day drink Bubbly is... Morning, Noon or Night. We tend to open our bottles in the cabin while enjoying sunset / sail away and getting ready for dinner. We bring along a Sparkling Cap (not vacuum based... But it keeps the bubbles in) and then finish the bottle before bed while enjoying the stars from our balcony... Or else mix it with OJ the next morning for an inexpensive Mimosa (Room Service Mimosas are pricey)

Cabin Stewards learn our routine... There is always a bottle on ice so we can finish the open one, or start the next whenever the mood strikes. (We book Concierge or above which also comes with a bottle of Bubbly as well... So there is 3 bottles in total for our cruise. Perfect for us)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We did not have the free beverage package on our last cruise - and we a big wine drinkers. We bought the premium wine package which I think was 7 bottles. It was a great deal and we drank some wonderful wine - the sommelier was Robert on Eclipse and he took excellent care of us and we him :D Next cruise we have the free bev package which we will both upgrade and then it makes more sense to get our wine by the glass. I know that some are saying wine service is an issue in the MDR but trust me, after the first night - the sommelier will be watching for us. ;)

Are you implying that you are wealthy and like to tip a lot?

Sounds like quite a few few of you drink the whole bottle in one dinner

and that would be normal for 2 people.....but for those of us who sail

solo, well, I can only speak for myself. I do not finish the bottle at

one dinner. If I buy a bottle of white and have them re-cork it for me,

I do not find it a calemity as some of you may suggest.

Sounds like quite a few few of you drink the whole bottle in one dinner

and that would be normal for 2 people.....but for those of us who sail

solo, well, I can only speak for myself. I do not finish the bottle at

one dinner. If I buy a bottle of white and have them re-cork it for me,

I do not find it a calemity as some of you may suggest.

Nor do I. In fact unless it's an old, delicate wine, a day or two in the fridge will harm it very little. I refrigerate opened whites with a rubber stopper for a couple of days regularly.

Edited by wpgcycler

Are you implying that you are wealthy and like to tip a lot?

:D - I'm implying that if you tip well - the service from your sommelier will be vastly improved. I have recently seen people complaining that with the beverage packages - that the wine by the glass service can be slow to nonexistent. I don't think I made any inference as to my income. ;)

:D - I'm implying that if you tip well - the service from your sommelier will be vastly improved. I have recently seen people complaining that with the beverage packages - that the wine by the glass service can be slow to nonexistent. I don't think I made any inference as to my income. ;)

In my experience is HOW you ask and not how much you tip as to what kind of service you receive for the rest of the cruise. If they know you will be wanting their advice and service each night at dinner and are pleasant to deal with then great service will be provided. :D

In my experience is HOW you ask and not how much you tip as to what kind of service you receive for the rest of the cruise. If they know you will be wanting their advice and service each night at dinner and are pleasant to deal with then great service will be provided. :D

Of course we always ask nicely but the discussion was that with the 1,2,3 - more people than ever are forgoing ordering a bottle for an extra fee and are ordering wine by the glass which is included in the bev packages - which, according to some are leaving them with long waits for service and sometimes no refills. My point being that if you take care of the sommelier they will take care of you. Our sommelier was seeking us out at other events to make sure we were taken care of - because he works for the tips.

Of course we always ask nicely but the discussion was that with the 1,2,3 - more people than ever are forgoing ordering a bottle for an extra fee and are ordering wine by the glass which is included in the bev packages - which, according to some are leaving them with long waits for service and sometimes no refills. My point being that if you take care of the sommelier they will take care of you. Our sommelier was seeking us out at other events to make sure we were taken care of - because he works for the tips.

Yes, mutual benefits for both parties involved.:D