First post - a quick question

LP Dad

It generally depends on the length of the cruise; the location; and the time of year.

A fourteen day cruise in the Baltics probably won't have many "younger" people aboard.

A seven day cruise in the Carib or the Med in July will almost definitely have younger people aboard.

But generally, I would say not, there will not be a plethora of other teenagers aboard.

Thank you for the response. It would be this month on the Adriatic.

I took my son on two Costa cruises at around the same age, and he had the time of his life. (The two ships were the Concordia and the Allegra...)

The Seabourn is about $1000 more pp than an MSC cruise on the same date. I can probably justify the expense, but I want her to have fun, obviously - not stuck with me talking politics after dinner.

Yikes!

If MSC is only $1000 less than Seabourn then I would expect Seabourn to be undercharging for its product. Anyway, the products are apples and oranges.

Now we all know that MSC is not Costa is not Seabourn. Isn't Costa the line I read about in Fodor's a few years ago: 78% of its passengers would not recommend it to family and friends. Must check what MSC's passengers have to say.

Happy sailing!

Would it be possible for your daughter to have a girlfriend aboard with her? A suggestion, on the Seabourn Legend and Spirit deck 4 ~suites 126-128 127-129 ~also suites on deck 5~ these can be opened up by the ships carpenter, as he slides 1/4 of the wall back. You would have your full suite and the girls would have theirs ~these are perfect for families. Once, a friend and I booked 126 and 128 ~purpose, we opened up our wall for the day and hosted a big party! I don't think the Seabourn website shows a picture of the 2 suites when the wall is open (carpenter slides the wall back by the windows)

I know your daughter would love all of the attention she'd receive from the crew ~especially on one of the 'lit Sisters.

Happy cruising

Martita B

LP Dad, Why not ask your TA to check or call SB directly yourself and see whether you can get any information as to number of teens on your sailing. SB tends to attract some families during school holidays, including summer but does not have any dedicated spaces [club house] or services for youths...also few entertainment options of other lines that may plan teen discos or parties.

The particular cruise I was considering arrives at a different port than embarkation. I need to be home the same day, and flight costs are prohibitive - more $$ than the cruise - from that city on that date.

On that basis, it's a no-go, but thanks to all who posted. The replies were thoughtful and helpful.

Paula

I was surprised and amazed at the space!! I had never seen the 2 suites opened up when the wall was removed~I called the Ex. Housekeeper, she arranged for the carpenter to come the morning of our party~ he brought his toolbox, unscrewed some gadgits, slide 1/4 of the wall inside "the real wall." Very interesting to watch! One suite has a Mr. Murphy bed, he lifted it and secured it to that matching wooden wall. The Ex. Housekeeper came by and ask me if I wanted a dining table and chairs??:confused: Voila~ no bed in that suite. After our festive party the carpenter came and placed the wall back into 2 suites.

The space we had was much larger than the big owners suites and would be more affordable. Would be ideal for elderly parents or children. The Housekeeper told me of a couple who sailed often on Seabourns "Baby Girls" (as Captain Stig calls 'em) and would always book these suites. Yes, they ask for the dining table and 2 chairs~ how neat :D

Happy Sailings

Martita B

An inside cabin became magically available for the same dates, at a lower price.

I think it's a better fit for my daughter, and perhaps one day Seabourn will fit into our plans. My wife doesn't like to cruise - based on her negative experience on a three-day cruise through work 25 years ago. But I think a Seabourn brochure might change her mind...

LPdad

You and your wife will loveeee Seabourn! Especially sailing on the small Legend or the Spirit. The Staff, Crew, entertainment,food, wines, and service, all exceptional.....luxury on the seas:p Book soon though before the 2 ships go to Windstar.

Enjoy your cruise with your daughter.

Martita B

I agree with Miss M (I know what's good for me:D). Get your Wife on a Seabourn Little Sister. She will have forgotten that 3 day Booze Cruze" within the first hour. Hang on to your credit card as the luxury cruise habit is very addictive.:eek::D

LPdad

You and your wife will loveeee Seabourn! Especially sailing on the small Legend or the Spirit. The Staff, Crew, entertainment,food, wines, and service, all exceptional.....luxury on the seas:p Book soon though before the 2 ships go to Windstar.

Enjoy your cruise with your daughter.

Martita B

+1. We are sailing the Spirit in the Eastern Caribbean this November for all those reasons. We also live in RoFo's Toronto (sigh).

If well-researched, the ports can be made interesting for your daughter....

I am so envious of your sailing the Spirit in the Carib in Nov. ! I've visited many of the islands and would book a 2 week sailing in a minute if I didn't have health issues ('ole ugly :cool: neurophy)

I know you'll enjoy the Spirit as much as you and your wife enjoyed the Pride Queen. The Spirit is always so "upbeat" and the Crew, fantastic. Do you know who your Captain and Cruise Dir. will be?

What fun 'yall will have ~

Martita B

Do you know who your Captain and Cruise Dir. will be?

What fun 'yall will have ~

Martita B

No, we don't, but it doesn't really matter because it's beyond our control.

Yes, first the Pride and next the Spirit. Then in future years we'll graduate to the big sisters and their new auntie.