Room Key size

I always purchase a new silk pillow before each cruise and gently lay the seapass card on that. Then I carry the pillow with two hands firmly, but gently underneath. At the pool I place the pillow on it's own lounger with the seapass card resting on it. I have to make sure to turn the seapass over frequently or else it burns due to a lack of sunscreen. We generally can only lay out for an hour or two, else the seapass gets bored without the use of a cellphone or ipad. :cool:

I ordered the low maintenance sea pass! Only way to go! Sewed up an old microfiber washcloth to make a small pouch and gonna fasten it to the inside of my swim suit with a diaper pin. Hands-free carrier. Those pillows a thing of the past!

Edited by TheDivineMrsM

I always purchase a new silk pillow before each cruise and gently lay the seapass card on that. Then I carry the pillow with two hands firmly, but gently underneath. At the pool I place the pillow on it's own lounger with the seapass card resting on it. I have to make sure to turn the seapass over frequently or else it burns due to a lack of sunscreen. We generally can only lay out for an hour or two, else the seapass gets bored without the use of a cellphone or ipad. :cool:

Haha! Well done.

Whatever you do, do NOT put your seapass card anywhere near MY BODY!!! Apparently, I have a 'magnetic' personality, because I manage to demagnitize my seapass cards all the time! Seriously! The girl at guest relations told me that they have had a few people like me. She told me this as she was making my 5th new card on a four night cruise!

LOL- I am another one that destroys the coding on magnetic strips. I can't hold one in my hand for more than a few seconds and expect it to work.

I get less than one year on my wristwatch batteries and can wreck havoc on certain touch screens.

For the old security scanners that were used at the airports and other places to detect metal, I could have all types of metal on me and never set off the alarms. I never worried about removing jewelry,watches, coins or belts with metal buckles. As a matter of fact, after 911, my brother's company had the contract to develop security scanners for TSA. He knew of my problems with magnetic strips and electronics asked me to come in to walk through the scanners as a control determine what level was needed to detect metals.

A level was finally found that would work on about 99% of the population. I still went through without an alarm.

Yeah, I actually wondered about the drivers license. They say you don't have to take your passports with you when visiting the Bahamas, but you say that the three of us should all take our licenses?

Yes, all of you should take your licenses. Copies of your passports may not be a bad idea as well. You can't fly with the copies, of course, but if you do get separated from the ship/passports they might expedite emergency passports.

I think on the Grandeur one of your ports is Port Canaveral. Obviously you wouldn't need passport/copies there, but I have found U.S. ports the most likely to want to see a picture ID along with your seapass card to get back to the ship. Bahamas might as well. Always good to have.

Brad

Yeah, I actually wondered about the drivers license. They say you don't have to take your passports with you when visiting the Bahamas, but you say that the three of us should all take our licenses?

In Nassau you need both your elegantly adorned seapass and government photo ID. For Nassau I've always just brought my DL along with the seapass.

Edited by aurelius180

Whatever you do, do NOT put your seapass card anywhere near MY BODY!!! Apparently, I have a 'magnetic' personality, because I manage to demagnitize my seapass cards all the time! Seriously! The girl at guest relations told me that they have had a few people like me. She told me this as she was making my 5th new card on a four night cruise!

My seapass is magnetically attracted to the bar. It doesn't seem like a big deal during the cruise until the final night. :o

Yes, all of you should take your licenses. Copies of your passports may not be a bad idea as well. You can't fly with the copies, of course, but if you do get separated from the ship/passports they might expedite emergency passports.

I think on the Grandeur one of your ports is Port Canaveral. Obviously you wouldn't need passport/copies there, but I have found U.S. ports the most likely to want to see a picture ID along with your seapass card to get back to the ship. Bahamas might as well. Always good to have.

Brad

Wish that were true! TSA or whoever checks at the terminal in Miami were not the most pleasant. Had an overnight in Miami a few years ago on the way from Galveston to Barcelona. The first evening had sea pass card and Texas DL, no problem getting back on ship.

Next day, whoever the idiot was at the gate held a number of us back stating we couldn't get back on the ship because we didn't have our passports!

Since when does a U.S. citizen need a passport in a the U.S.?

Kept us waiting an hour before this female haughtily led us to the ship gangway then walked away! The ship security at check in said passports were not required!

My opinion, a power play to show her disgust to those of us on a cruise.

And TSA wonders why they are hated!

Bahamas does require a photo id but they still let you through without.

FYI a Kindle Paperwhite will also demagnetize seapass cards. I wear my card on a lanyard so I have to be careful when I am reading!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Some of the Kindle covers have a magnet in the edge to put them in sleep mode with closed.

My DH is no longer allowed to take his magnetic money clip on cruises. No matter how many times I remind him, he winds up putting his seapass in the same pocket as the clip.

My DD was keeping hers in her Tory Burch clutch and after card #4 they finally figured out that the magnet on the purse flap was erasing the strip.

But mark me down as another who has kept the sea pass w/ credit cards (and even w/ the strip area touching), and cell phone and haven't had an issue.

That's exactly what happened to me 3 times - the magnet clasp on one purse and on another wallet - eel skin with a magnet, double whammy. Shopping for 'safe' ones for the next trip.

There are some special holders for credit cards that are supposed to protect from such a thing.

i always purchase a new silk pillow before each cruise and gently lay the seapass card on that. Then i carry the pillow with two hands firmly, but gently underneath. At the pool i place the pillow on it's own lounger with the seapass card resting on it. I have to make sure to turn the seapass over frequently or else it burns due to a lack of sunscreen. We generally can only lay out for an hour or two, else the seapass gets bored without the use of a cellphone or ipad. :cool:

like!