Room Key size

Is the room key card the same size as a credit card or larger? I am sewing a small pouch to carry the key, credit card and a few bills for when we go on our excursions and want to make the size of it so that it fits these three items. Thanks!

Credit Card size.

Make sure that you don't put your credit card against your SeaPas Card or you will demagnetize it.

Edited by cruisenfever

My SIL had more trouble with her Sea Pass Card and had to get another one 5 times on one of our cruises 3 months ago. I finally figured out, everytime she whipped out her IPhone to play games or whatever, it came in contact with her Sea Pass Card she wore around her neck. I put mine in my pocket when we went out on tours so it wasn't near my Camera.

Make sure that you don't put your credit card against your SeaPas Card or you will demagnetize it.

I have put my room card (ship and hotel) next to my credit cards for over 10 years and neither have ever "demagnetized" the other:rolleyes: Yes cell phones etc can do that, but I don't think other cards will.......

I always purchase a new silk pillow before each cruise and gently lay the seapass card on that. Then I carry the pillow with two hands firmly, but gently underneath. At the pool I place the pillow on it's own lounger with the seapass card resting on it. I have to make sure to turn the seapass over frequently or else it burns due to a lack of sunscreen. We generally can only lay out for an hour or two, else the seapass gets bored without the use of a cellphone or ipad. :cool:

it seems that almost anything demagnatizes the seapass card. one thing to keep in mind, when you get a new seapass card after the almost certain repeated de-magintizing....you cant swipe on the photo kiosk for 24 hours, while the card resets, so if you have lots of pictures and are nearing the end of the cruise, this can be a problem.

I also keep my SeaPass right on the front of my cell phone. The lip of the case around the outside keeps the card in place nicely. Even in US ports when I have WiFi turned on. Also, my wife frequently carries credit cards in her pocket along with her phone. We've never had a failed strip.

I always purchase a new silk pillow before each cruise and gently lay the seapass card on that. Then I carry the pillow with two hands firmly, but gently underneath. At the pool I place the pillow on it's own lounger with the seapass card resting on it. I have to make sure to turn the seapass over frequently or else it burns due to a lack of sunscreen. We generally can only lay out for an hour or two, else the seapass gets bored without the use of a cellphone or ipad. :cool:

This is Funny!! Does your SeaPass have more energy from the Vitamin D?

Is the room key card the same size as a credit card or larger? I am sewing a small pouch to carry the key, credit card and a few bills for when we go on our excursions and want to make the size of it so that it fits these three items. Thanks!

You'll be find ... same size as a credit card!

Just make sure the pouch doesn't have a magnet to keep it closed!

LuLu

Lol

Too funny:D

I have put my room card (ship and hotel) next to my credit cards for over 10 years and neither have ever "demagnetized" the other:rolleyes: Yes cell phones etc can do that, but I don't think other cards will.......
Except that I do, and I never have. :D

You both have been very lucky then.:p

Whatever you do, do NOT put your seapass card anywhere near MY BODY!!! Apparently, I have a 'magnetic' personality, because I manage to demagnitize my seapass cards all the time! Seriously! The girl at guest relations told me that they have had a few people like me. She told me this as she was making my 5th new card on a four night cruise!

My DD was keeping hers in her Tory Burch clutch and after card #4 they finally figured out that the magnet on the purse flap was erasing the strip.

But mark me down as another who has kept the sea pass w/ credit cards (and even w/ the strip area touching), and cell phone and haven't had an issue.

I think everyone answered your original question, but I noticed that you didn't mention a driver's license/picture ID. It is recommended that you always carry one when you leave the ship. Some ports check ID before you can get into the port area upon return.

Brad