cruise credit question

Big Easy

A cruise is cancelled at the last minute due to "insured" reasons, but that insurance was not sold by Oceania, therefore O retains entire cruise cost. Does the person still receive a cruise "credit" from O when it comes to future perks?

It must depend on the line. This happened to me on a different line. I got credit for the trip because they had and kept the full fare. They said it was based on them getting the money.

You mustn't be shy-

You're among friends here...

Which line was that and in what year did it occur?

Edited by StanandJim

I am not shy and I really am not so sure about friend's!!! You know what they say, you can't pick family but you can pick friends. It was HAL. When your book on my trips gets published please sent me a copy, I had no idear I was so interesting.

I am not shy and I really am not so sure about friend's!!! You know what they say, you can't pick family but you can pick friends. It was HAL. When your book on my trips gets published please sent me a copy, I had no idear I was so interesting.

Please......allow me to give you some idea

If there is one person who finds your personal business less interesting than you do, it would be me.

You have the unfortunate habit, however, of making statements based on your "personal experiences" the details of which you are terribly, terribly vague about.

Well the answer is no, we had to cancel because of an illness ending up in the hospital for 5 days. We had insurance and I knew Oceania wouldn't be giving anything back (we had the Owners Suite, our 8th cruise in Owners Suites), which I was OK with not getting anything back from Oceania. However one would think Oceania would have the smart's to send out a "Sorry we missed you card and hope to see you on another cruise soon. But no they don't do that, management at Oceania doesn't seen to care about a good customer. Now we're booked on a SilverSeas this Aug 2014 with friends (all large suites) and holding a Owners Suite on SilverSeas for a Dec 2015 cruise. That's profit Oceania will not be getting.

Just an add on, talking to the people at SilverSeas is a breath of fresh air........

Rick

Hey Jim and Stan-- really enjoy the vast number of posts you have been making on many links and many subjects--extremely helpful and well written. Lately you guys have gotten increasingly "snarfy''-- might want to chill out a bit more!:)

Thanks for the input, lets see how you feel 2000 posts from now :rolleyes:

Dear Mike:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I sure do hope you make your cruise. It's awful to have health issues or other circumstances that force you to cancel your cruise. But, on top of that, to have to undo plans that you probably spent countless hours thinking about and making is just crushing.

Wishing you the very best.

Marilyn

Thanks LHT28 and Rick for your input. I sort of figured it was that way, but thought I'd ask. We are 50/50 to make it, so just praying for God's intervention.

Mike

I hope you make the cruise

I have been there ...we had to cancel the day before our B2B cruise

All the best

Lyn

Ships. Hotels and Airlines... if you pay but do not show they keep the money.

Points and credits are given for occupancy..(that' you)... If YOU did not take the flight, occupy the room or make the cruise... then no credit/miles or points are given by airlines, hotels ,cruises, car rental,and trains...

That's the way the world works...

No be there no credit.