Hotel near POM with Free parking??

bannerboxer

We are driving in all the way from MN a day early for our cruise in Nov, and my friend coming with us has never seen the ocean, and we want to be able to stay near port somewhere where we can talk a quick walk or drive to see the beach quick the night before.

Any hotels that are NEAR POM that offer free parking while we are on our cruise? We dont NEED a shuttle to Port as we will take a taxi anyways the morning of.

We do not want to stay in the airport area if possible.

Thanks!

If you want to stay near the beach you want Miami Beach; if you want to stay near the port of Miami (POM) you want to stay in downtown Miami. Hotels in both locations charge their guests $25-30+/day for parking :eek: while they stay and do not offer parking packages. :( The one exception I have seen sometimes is the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village which has advertised a cruise parking package during some parts of the year.

If you want a hotel with free parking you will be out near the MIA airport - a 15-20+ minute drive from downtown and a few minutes longer to get to the South Beach area of Miami.

It's your call. :)

Bannerboxer

I know you said you don't want to stay near the airport , but we've had great success with Hyatt Place ( Doral). They do have a package that includes parking, and shuttle to port.

Depending on time of day the drive to Miami Beach isn't too bad.

Bannerboxer

I know you said you don't want to stay near the airport , but we've had great success with Hyatt Place ( Doral). They do have a package that includes parking, and shuttle to port.

Depending on time of day the drive to Miami Beach isn't too bad.

I believe the Hilton downtown Miami has a park & cruise package.

Edited by Marie51

Familiarize yourself with the area..as mentioned there is beach at Miami Beach, not in the city of Miami. THe beach is across the Bay.

The port is in view of downtown Miami.

Parking while you are gone (and hotel rates) will be less expensive nearer the airport. Look at the Blue Lagoon airport area. Nice chains and safe.

Yes, check out the Hampton Inn in Brickell which is nearer the port/downtown too.

Isn't your friend going to be cruising with you and see lots of beaches then? You have a car, you can stay anywhere and just drive to the waterfront.

Edited by eandj

I would not base my stay on free parking.

Any of the areas worth staying in charge for parking with the exception of some hotels in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove.

Space is at a premium and you will pay for parking.

Park your car at the Port of Miami. No way would I leave a car I cared about parked anywhere in Miami that wasn't guarded by Homeland Security.

We are facing the same situation in November, as we plan on staying at our timeshare in Pompano Beach for several days pre-cruise. So I am now researching using a shuttle service round tripto take the 2 of us to Port of Miami for our cruise. In past we have either flown or left our car parked inside the Port at the port parking garage....It is very safe, as the garage is only open on the days the ship is in port, and quite easy in & out but the price is $20/day. I am going to compare prices for parking in Ft. L, and shuttle VS parking at the port garage. I will be happy to post back what I find out & decide.....

(I will check into staying at the Doral Hyatt Place -- that is a really nice group of hotels...

There are some private parking lots downtown that "claim" to be safe etc. but reviews on Trip Advisor for 1 company were really scary!!!

• 7 months later...

(I will check into staying at the Doral Hyatt Place -- that is a really nice group of hotels...

There are some private parking lots downtown that "claim" to be safe etc. but reviews on Trip Advisor for 1 company were really scary!!!

We'll be driving to port and I think we have decided, given convenience and safely concerns, , to spend the $20 a day and park at POM. Our cruise is only for 4 days. I have made a reservation at the Doral Hampton Inn for the precruise night (The hotel ratings are very good, other than limited restaurants, which is not a concern to use since we are arriving ate an will have already eaten) I got a great AAA rate as an Hhonors member, saving $31 over a comparable rate at the Blue Lagoon Hampton (A day and a half of parking) .