Deposit refund after online cancellation.

I have just cancelled an online booking with RCI after reading about the new BOGOHO sale. Managed to secure the next door cabin at a much better price and have paid new deposit. When I cancelled the old booking I got a reference number but nothing was mentioned about how I get my old deposit back. Has anybody had experience of this and do I need to do anything else? Thanks.

It will show up on your credit card in about a week. I did the same thing. I meant to book two cabins together but I booked them on opposite sides of the deck and when I rebooked one cabin to fix it, it was a lot cheaper. I was glad I made that mistake.:)

I have just cancelled an online booking with RCI after reading about the new BOGOHO sale. Managed to secure the next door cabin at a much better price and have paid new deposit. When I cancelled the old booking I got a reference number but nothing was mentioned about how I get my old deposit back. Has anybody had experience of this and do I need to do anything else? Thanks.

Cruzbear - I hope you read the fine print (Terms and Conditions) RCI does not usually give a refund if you cancel a booking and then re-book the same ship and same sail date. It could be why it did not mention how you would get your deposit back. If you want to book a cruise with the BOGO promotion you will have to either change ship or change the date you are cruising. All of the promotions have special Ts and Cs. I hope this is not the case for you.

Sorry cruzbear24, what I mean is RCI might not let you cancel the same cruise ship and date and re-book it at a lower price based on the Terms and conditions. You will get your deposit back but they might not let you re-book.

An update to my deposit refund. The monies have been credited back to my credit card in full and there doesn't seem to be any issues with my new booking under BOGOHO. It has been a stressful week though so I won't do that again in a hurry :-)

An update to my deposit refund. The monies have been credited back to my credit card in full and there doesn't seem to be any issues with my new booking under BOGOHO. It has been a stressful week though so I won't do that again in a hurry :-)

Well done. Sit back relax - start planning your cruise now :p

Great news