Luggage labels not printing full page

Invincible

We are off on Azura on the 14th, I've used the printed labels lots of times before with no problem, this time printing direct off the P&O cruise personalised page or saving as a .xpf and printing from there it only seems to fit around 2/3 of an A4 page. Always in the past it's fitted the whole page. Am I doing something wrong or have P&O reduced the size of the labels.

We are off on Azura on the 14th, I've used the printed labels lots of times before with no problem, this time printing direct off the P&O cruise personalised page or saving as a .xpf and printing from there it only seems to fit around 2/3 of an A4 page. Always in the past it's fitted the whole page. Am I doing something wrong or have P&O reduced the size of the labels.

Thinking about I don't think they do fill a full a4 size. Do you have the printer set up as landscape or the other one.

I don't think they print full page as you have to fold them -to make them stronger.

Had the same problem in June, I saved to a .jpg then opened a Word session and inserted the .jpg which I could then size to fill the page before printing.

I've since printed one off, it's still big enough to wrap around a case handle and I can get a extra fold in making 4 thicknesses of paper so it will be even stronger, you can still see clearly the cabin number so I'll go with what I've got. Thanks for the replies the .jpg one was one I hadn't thought of.

Don't you think that printing our own labels is a cheapskate way for P&O to operate. Gone are the days when you could tie your own labels around the handle of your portmanteau. Having a cruise line label on your luggage used to mean something, now its just another way for the cruise line to save money by having the passengers print the labels themselves.

Don't you think that printing our own labels is a cheapskate way for P&O to operate. Gone are the days when you could tie your own labels around the handle of your portmanteau. Having a cruise line label on your luggage used to mean something, now its just another way for the cruise line to save money by having the passengers print the labels themselves.

Don't they all do it that way now.

If you want to have it like it was then you may have to pay the price, like it was.

You can buy plastic label holders which are designed for these type of labels. They have them for all the cruise lines so they mut produce them different sizes.

If you have not gone green then you will get a cruise booklet with the labels printed on card in the booklet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

to get round this problem, just print them off as is, and put in one of these

http://www.thanetdirect.com/index.php

If you want to have it like it was then you may have to pay the price, like it was.

You can buy plastic label holders which are designed for these type of labels. They have them for all the cruise lines so they mut produce them different sizes.

If you have not gone green then you will get a cruise booklet with the labels printed on card in the booklet.

No they don't! Cunard still give airline-style sticky ones as do Oceania. Fred Olsen & CMV have the ones P&O give you in the back of the cruise bookelts and Crystal have lovely tie-on card labels. Having said that I still get the proper P&O ones in the back of my cruise booklet, and always have done. Surely you only have to print your own if you have "gone green"?

Edited by Host Sharon

No they don't! Cunard still give airline-style sticky ones as do Oceania. Fred Olsen & CMV have the ones P&O give you in the back of the cruise bookelts and Crystal have lovely tie-on card labels. Having said that I still get the proper P&O ones in the back of my cruise booklet, and always have done. Surely you only have to print your own if you have "gone green"?

There seems to be a lot of people not getting the booklet. Do you get one if you book a saver?

The reason I said what I did was that this is what the website says for the tags. True Cunard are not there but the other big ones are.

These Cruise Luggage Tag holders have been designed to hold the print your own paper luggage tags now being used by the cruise industry. The plastic wallets will take either A4 or AQ folded paper (without the need to cut or trim the paper) and are tough enough to cope with repeated use. We are very proud of our cruise tags all made here in our own British factory. So don't let your luggage leave home without one.

Products For

Cruise Luggage tag holders

Carnival Cruises

Holland America Cruises

Norwegian Cruises

P & O Cruises

Princess Cruises

Regent Cruises

Royal Caribbean Cruises

Seabourn Cruises

A5 NHS Diary Covers

Information

Couldn't print mine either, so I phoned PandO who agreed to send me some in the post!

:):):):):):)

There seems to be a lot of people not getting the booklet. Do you get one if you book a saver?

I think that it maybe dependant on how you book, we had the booklet when we booked though a Travel Agent but when we have booked on line we have not had the booklet.

I think that it maybe dependant on how you book, we had the booklet when we booked though a Travel Agent but when we have booked on line we have not had the booklet.

It is obviously hit and miss as when I last booked on line (last January) I did get the booklet.

Products For

Cruise Luggage tag holders

Carnival Cruises

Holland America Cruises

Norwegian Cruises

P & O Cruises

Princess Cruises

Regent Cruises

Royal Caribbean Cruises

Seabourn Cruises

A5 NHS Diary Covers

Information

Princess I agree I had to print my own, the others I haven't sailed with - yet. We'll see what happens with HAL come January.

Are you saying then, that because we are now printing our own labels the cruise line has reduced its fares.

Are you saying then, that because we are now printing our own labels the cruise line has reduced its fares.

Sorry where have you been. I paid less for a suite on Azura in April per night than I did on Aurora for a balcony cabin.... In 2001 that's 13 years.

Have they gone down.......Yes.

But you can still get a booklet with your labels printed for you as we do every cruise.

Edited by daiB

Sorry where have you been. I paid less for a suite on Azura in April per night than I did on Aurora for a balcony cabin.... In 2001 that's 13 years.

Have they gone down.......Yes.

But you can still get a booklet with your labels printed for you as we do every cruise.

I think you have to compare like for like. For starters they are different vessels and I suspect different itineries.

Just for the record we have printed our own labels for P&O, HAL, & Cunard in the past few years, it's not a problem for me I simply started this topic because from memory in the past the label printed full page, we then folded it twice and stapled it on, never had one come off yet. On an A4 page now you seem to need to fold 3 times and have a short blank area at the end of the label.