Returning to cabin after a swim

FangedRose

I usually lay out long enough not to be dripping, but otherwise I just towel off well and put on either a cover-up or shorts and tee. People are not going to be noticing if you are damp or not. I don't usually bring 'real' cover-ups, but either very casual sundress or a pareo.

Another reason we like cabins on the Lido deck, though--easy access to our room.

Put me in the camp that thinks wandering around the ship in bathrobes, except possibly in the spa area is silly looking; almost as bad as pajama pants in the buffet.

LOL. We have seen it at some luxury hotels when folks are going to and from the spa but that never seemed to weird as long as they weren't walking in the lobby. But on our last Celebrity cruise a lady actually came into the Lido for lunch and she was wearing her Celebrity issued robe. I figure the next thing we will see is somebody coming into the MDR on a formal night in a bath robe and baseball cap.

Hank

Hank: I kid you not - people walk through the lobby of my hotel all the time in the robes, going to/from the pool or spa. But, I guess when you are paying $1500/NIGHT for your room, you can do that ;)

What I find funny about the robe thing is that its almost strange if you not wearing a robe when wandering round a luxury spa but on cruise ships some people really seem to dislike people wearing them in public.

I love wearing mine in the room while beautifying myself.

I am now tempted to wear it to breakfast though! Hell...I might even wear it the the comedy show, wine tasting or to walk around in port. Then I might really go to town and wear it to formal night and accessorise it with a tiara and heels. ;)

It may surprise some but Carnival also provides robes in every cabin.

I wear the robe the spa issues when I get there, as otherwise I'd be wearing... Nothing. I wouldn't walk around the ship or hotel in a robe though.

Hank: I kid you not - people walk through the lobby of my hotel all the time in the robes, going to/from the pool or spa. But, I guess when you are paying $1500/NIGHT for your room, you can do that ;)

Money does not buy class :) But I guess you saw plenty of examples in your hotel career.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I see absolutely no problem with wearing the robe from pool to cabin! Why are so many people hung up on this???

I am definitely a robe person. I wear white clothes after Labor Day, too! I personally dislike polyester and never wear it but I don't assume someone is lacking in class because THEY wear it.

In many places in the world, a robe is almost de rigeur on vacation.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I am definitely a robe person. I wear white clothes after Labor Day, too! I personally dislike polyester and never wear it but I don't assume someone is lacking in class because THEY wear it.

In many places in the world, a robe is almost de rigeur on vacation.

Really? Ok, I will bite. Having been to over 100 countries we have never been to a place where wearing a robe in public is "de rigeur." So Please tell?

By the way, looking around the internet on this topic I found the following interesting answer to "whether it is OK to wear a robe in public?"

"Where I come from they would call the local psyche hospital to see if a patient had walked out."

Hank

I towel off as best I can, throw my t-shirt on and head to the cabin. DW does the same thing except she puts her cover-up on. I personally see nothing wrong with wearing the provided bathrobes to and from the cabin.

Really? Ok, I will bite. Having been to over 100 countries we have never been to a place where wearing a robe in public is "de rigeur." So Please tell?

By the way, looking around the internet on this topic I found the following interesting answer to "whether it is OK to wear a robe in public?"

"Where I come from they would call the local psyche hospital to see if a patient had walked out."

Hank

I googled too - perfectly acceptable to wear robes except for dining, bars, shows etc. (which isn't what we're talking about here, anyway):p

http://www.ehow.com/way_5278707_wear-bath-robes-cruises.html

I go for lots of swims and sometimes I dont want to sit out anymore. I just dry off with my towel and drape it around me. and walk back to my room and change and sometimes ill go for a snack :D

its not like you will be dripping water all over the place

I googled too - perfectly acceptable to wear robes except for dining, bars, shows etc. (which isn't what we're talking about here, anyway):p

http://www.ehow.com/way_5278707_wear-bath-robes-cruises.html

Perhaps on cruise ships worldwide there is some opposition to robe-wearing, but in the 55 countries (so far) to which I have traveled since 2006, on both cruise and land-based trips, most travelers do not care one bit about the type of one's cover up.

What I find funny about the robe thing is that its almost strange if you not wearing a robe when wandering round a luxury spa but on cruise ships some people really seem to dislike people wearing them in public.

I love wearing mine in the room while beautifying myself.

I am now tempted to wear it to breakfast though! Hell...I might even wear it the the comedy show, wine tasting or to walk around in port. Then I might really go to town and wear it to formal night and accessorise it with a tiara and heels. ;)

It may surprise some but Carnival also provides robes in every cabin.

Haha! You are hilarious!

I think this is one of the funniest threads I've read. I don't think it matters one bit what people wear from the pool to the cabin, as long as they wear SOMETHING!

But, please, cover up the speedo. :)

Edited by calisilent